The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
nat (daughter of steve & lynn)
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
September 06, 2003 02:25PM
Hiya Amanda

Back in England now - back to school monday, Mum and dad say hi and thank's for the great welcome and food at the old tavern. we all loved the sunday roast, banger's and mash was execelent...
good luck with the old tavern and hope to see u again soon.

xx Luv Nat xx

ps: any info required from england just ask!
TRACY STATT
September 07, 2003 07:14AM
hello there

just thought i would ask for a weather update again, boring i know.

thanks
tracy
Amanda
September 07, 2003 11:59AM
Hi Nat
Thanks for your comments and say hi to the folks! Hope we see you again next year?
Sunday roast tonight - looking forward to it!

Tracy - its sunny and warm today but not too hot! The evenings are quite chilly now so this afternoon I am pulling my warmer clothes out of the loft!

Cheers
Amanda
Mark &family & friends
September 07, 2003 05:30PM
hya Amanda
at last we can say we will see you next week LOL , and only 3 days at work this week then 3 days at work next week before we come out there . hope the weather holds out while were there cos i noticed the temperature seems to have dropped , but then again anything in the 70s is enough . see ya soon
Andy
September 07, 2003 08:42PM
Hi Amanda hope to be with you tommorow, been in Kassandra since last monday but pick my car in the morning so will drop by in the afternoon sometime
angie
September 09, 2003 08:54AM
Hi Amanda, Just got back from Hanioti last night for the secong time this year. Am gutted to have read about your place only after I got back and was looking for the Waikiki web site otherwise I'd have certainly called in. Could have done with a good fry up on a morning to soak up the booze from the night before. Am lucky enough to have friends at the Daphne and stayed there as I did in May. As usual, came back in love with the place and the people. If you go to the Waikiki give my love to my friend Vangelis and the lovely Illias - king of the bar, and when he's back also Vassili. My home from home. Will be back in the spring for sure so one of the first stops will be your place, although not sure of your location. If I didn't have two pubecent daughters would be out there permenantly myself. Maybe in a few years time.

Hope the season was good and the best of luck with the bar.
amanda
September 09, 2003 03:54PM
To Mark and family and friends!

Not long now! Yes temp has dropped but still very pleasant - evenings are very cool now so be prepared.

Andy - make sure you come and say hi!!!

Angie - sorry we missed you - as you come out of Waikiki - turn right and at those crossroads - look right and you will see us - we can see the back of Waikiki from our pub! Be nice to see you next Spring if you do come back! When I see the guys from your local - I'll be sure to say hi! Vangeli was in for brekkie the other day too!!!

Natalie - have you all booked up again yet??!!

Cheers
Amanda
nat (daughter of steve & lynn)
September 09, 2003 06:49PM
Hiya amanda

we tried to book the strand village again, been told its fully booked for 04. We still want to come back to Hanioti can you please recomend any hotels near you (hopefully on the beach)

take care

xx Luv Nat + co xx

ps: There will be 10 of us next year
amanda
September 09, 2003 08:59PM
Hiya Nat

Email me on dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com and I'll see what I can find out! I know of a couple I'd recommend - email me and let me know when you are thinking of coming!

Cheers
Amanda
Sarah
September 10, 2003 11:25AM
Hi there, we will be coming to Hanioti tomorrow and I can't wait! No doubt we will pop in to see you. I don't suppose that you will be showing the Italian Grand Prix this Sunday as I work for a Formula One team and would quite like to see the race!

Kind regards
Sarah
Carl + Nikki
September 10, 2003 12:44PM

Hi Amanda , we are flying to halkadiki tommrow (11th) and was wondering what the current weather is like? We want to do some last min packing :-).
Im also looking forward to a nice sunday lunch hope its as nice as everyone says, looking forward to this holiday as it will be my first abroad and on a plane :-/.

C + N
amanda
September 11, 2003 07:15AM
Hi Sarah
I hope we will show the F1 but not sure! Fingers crossed

Carl and Nikki - hope I havent missed you - weather is a bit dodgy so prepare for some rain, and also cooler evenings but daytime is warm!
Sunday roast will be ready and waiting - have a good flight!!

See you all soon
Amanda
Craig and Kim
September 12, 2003 03:42PM
Hi Amanda. We are home now. We found the old tavern after walking round for hours. It was about 4 o'clock when we found it and didn't look open for customers. Looks a nice bar, we will definately be back to halkidiki some time in the future and will come and see you.

Regards
Craig and Kim.
amanda
September 12, 2003 03:53PM
Craig and Kim

4 in the afternoon?! We are open from 9am until the last customer leaves!! The pub never shuts!!
What a shame we didn't meet! So long as you enjoyed your holiday!
Thanks for coming to see us anyway!!

Cheers
Amanda
angie
September 12, 2003 11:39PM
Hi Amanda, thanx for your reply. Have just been reading the earlier comments on the thread and am both amused and bemused!! Do I detect some sour grapes that you had this idea first???? Fact is love, you provide a great service here on the site, a hands on information link available nowhere else and by the sound of it, have enabled some people to start their holiday with great confidence of what to expect. Does it help your business??? I damn well hope so for the effort you put in for these people. The hospitality trade is tough wherever you live so all power to you girl. If the food and service are as good as your personal inginuity then you can bet your ass I'll be calling in for a meal or two the next time I'm there. I always judge a place by where the locals go and if it's good enough for my mate Vangelis (another local bar owner) then thats a good enough recommendation for me.

To continue the theme for all those looking for a great night out, after a nice meal at the old tavern, go round the corner to the Waikiki, all the locals, hotel staff and holiday reps go there too.

Amanda, keep up the good work and I wish you every success!
tom
September 13, 2003 06:00PM
unfortunetly for many of us who have been and gone(twice this year)things are a lot differant when you get there.those people who dare to tell it as it is are having foul language thrown at them in differant threads.i.e.the life bar thread has been removed because of this!!
amanda
September 14, 2003 07:42AM
Angie

Thank you for your comments - thats really nice to hear and yes - most people I have spoken to via email have come in to say hello!

To all !!

There seems to be a bit of confusion on these conversation threads so I would like to make one thing clear to all - there are NO bad feelings between any of the bars and restaurants - we all support each other, whether it be ours, the Horseshoe, Life Bar, Prime, Blue Cafe, Waikiki, Mini Golf and all those in the Square or nearby. We all have something different to offer, some focus on good food, some on football, mini golf, some on cocktails - each to their own!
If we dont offer something - we (as in all the bars) will always recommend another!
For someone who thought I was using this as a "hyper up free advertising campaign" - this is my Business and if people wish to come and see us, and eat and drink, then they will be welcomed!
On the publicity side, the Greek dishes, Sunday roasts and breakfasts are just as good as when we started - not to mention the English dishes! Favour a nice Cornish pastie myself today!!!
angie
September 14, 2003 02:03PM
Constructive critisism is welcomed by all responsible establishments. I've been in the trade for nearly 15 years myself. Call me old fashioned but I try to support my fellow countrywoman abroad. Places like Amanda's only increase the choices available as a visitor and lets face it, you can't please all of the people all of the time. One of the reasons I continue to visit Hanioti is the welcome I've received and continue to receive from 95% of the bars, shops and restaurants. Even the street cleaners early on a morning had a smile and a hello.
margaret
September 15, 2003 04:30PM
hi amanda,
told you i,d be in touch again,glad to hear you got your blinds fitted,
your customers will be as snug as bugs in a rug.
ive been reading some of the comments made on the notice board,most
in your favour i,m delighted to say.i,d like to tell you your doing a grand
job,youve,saved me £SSSSSSSSSS IN PHONE CALLS,HOURS IN TIME,
and now when we arrive at polihrono on the 29th,we wont be spending
hours walking around finding out things,as we no in advance whats what.
i think its only common courtesy to pop in and say hi to you,and to say
a very big thank you personally,you will always get some one who
spits there dummy out,so you keep on doing what your doing.
i have one question for you,can you drink the tap water boiled of
course,for tea and coffee ect,arrive in the middle of the night and wont
be able to buy any bottled water till morning.
look forward to meeting you very soon
fondest regards
margaret
angie
September 15, 2003 05:40PM
Hi Margaret,

Sorry to interrupt but I had no problem with the water at all and is safe to drink, brush teeth make ice cubes etc. Hope that helps.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.