The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
andy
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
October 02, 2003 08:05PM
hi all if u are looking for a nice place to eat or drink then the old tavern is a great place to go i was there with family and friends this week was a great place !!! please visit amanda and her family :-)
Rosemary
October 02, 2003 08:29PM
Just arrived home 2 hrs ago and wish we were still there. Amanda, it was great to meet you, your hubby and lovely staff. F.A.O Mano................the flambe steak was SUPERB, cooked to perfection and with such style !!!! You have lovely premises and I wish you continued success in your business. Amanda. If Jade has anything to do with it, she'll keep it going with her friendly banter and confident manner. Tell her we said hi. Sorry you weren't in when I popped in this morning, but I'm sure Dimitri passed on my best wishes. See you again sometime in the future. xxxxxxxxxxxx
Mark
October 02, 2003 09:15PM
also just arrived home , and i agree with everything rosemary has written , cant stay to write more at moment cos of too many late nights in greece lol , i need sleep ill write more later lol
Marydoll
October 03, 2003 12:25PM
Hi amanda

Vince and I were with Rosemary and Robin and I have to agree with every thing both her and Mark have said. Your place is lovely and it was a pleasure to visit the variety of food was excellent and there was something there to suit all tastes.

Wishing you every success in the future.

Love to Jade

Mae
xxx
Sheila Woodruff
October 04, 2003 12:34PM
Hello
We've been to Hanioti twice this year but unfortunately didnt venture into the Old Tavern.
We have stayed at Strand Village and Pegasus. We have lots of friends now and see them every time we return. There's the staff at Stand Village, George, Costas, Leonardo to name a few. Then there's Branco at the pub opposite the video bar.
We will be back next year hopefully we can visit you then.
janet and craig
October 04, 2003 11:13PM
hi. will be flying out Monday 6th October got a great cheapy late deal with Thompson, only booked yesterday3/10. Expect us Monday evening or Tuesday morning for the big breakfast. We have Welsh valley accents so you will be able to identify us easy. Do you want us to fetch you out something from home? , it's no trouble, I have space in my case. The weather has turned chilly here,raining and a bit windy.What's the forecast for this comming week have I to bring my wellies!!!! WELSH WITT!!!
Rosemary
October 05, 2003 02:58PM
No need for the wellies, Janet. I never saw any sheep!!!! Scottish Wit, LOL
amanda
October 06, 2003 09:57AM
Wow - just logged on and seen all the comments - thanks to all of you! Really glad you enjoyed your hols and enjoyed coming to see us - it has been a busy - but really nice few weeks!

Janet & Craig- if you are reading this before you fly - deffo pack a mac - the weather has turned this morning but for how long? who knows! Could be a few hours - or a day or two! Still very warm though! Shame I didnt see your message earier - you could have packed my mum and brought her over - that would have been nice for a week! Never mind - she'll have to hang on now!

Rosemary and gang - passed on your comments to Mano, Jade and Dimitri - all were very touched! Thank you!

Mark - hey - u woken up yet?!!!!!!!!

Village is getting quiet now - only 2 weeks left til end of season!! Soon we'll be packing for 3 weeks in England - YIPPEE!!!
Sheila Woodruff
October 06, 2003 10:24AM
Wondered if you know of any villas for rent during June next year - there will be 6 of us xx
amanda
October 07, 2003 06:32AM
Sheila

I will find out and let u know!

Cheers
Amanda
Mark
October 10, 2003 05:56PM
hya all who read this letter
i came back from hanioti last week and had a fantastic time there ,during my stay i visited the old tavern , lifes bar and the horseshoe bar plus numerous other bars theres been a lot said about these bars on here and i honestly think you cant compere any of them cos they all have different things to offer and are all great bars , the old taverna is a bar for eating lovely food and relaxing, and amanda and all cannot do enough for you . what great friendly people they are, the horshoe bar is nice for relaxing in the afternoon sun cos its open air. then we have lifes bar for a late night drink in friendly atmosphere and if you love football this bar is a must for you ( watch the measures slurp slurp lol ) . well i hope anyone still visiting hanioti have a great time like i did again this year
and as ARNIE said I'LL BE BACK
amanda
October 21, 2003 08:38PM

Mark - Hear hear - nicely said! Well - all have closed down now (except us) and the village is like a ghost town - except for a number of Russian tourists!
Look forward to seeing you at Xmas!

Sheila - I am still collating info on appts and villas as a number of people have asked me to find out so will pass on as much info as I can soon. At the moment I am giving the locals a break and time to chill after such a heavy season!! But I'll be on the case soon ...........!!
Sheila Woodruff
Getting Married
November 19, 2003 11:36AM
I would like to renew my vows in Hanioti next year. Can anyone give me any guidance on this please. i.e. costs, whats needed. I want it as a surprise to my husband!
amanda
Re: Getting Married
November 19, 2003 03:46PM
Sheila

Now thats a nice request! I will speak to hubby - I am off to the pub shortly with the kids for dinner! I will have a word and email u later tonight!
I dont think there is a great deal involved - I will find out and email you back!

Cheers
Amanda
Sheila Woodruff
November 25, 2003 02:44PM
Hi Amanda
Did you manage to get any details for me
Ta, Sheila
amanda
November 25, 2003 06:05PM
Hi Sheila

I am waiting for the lovely lady in the local Town Hall to give me last bit of info so will be in touch very shortly!!! Sorry I didnt get back sooner but I havent forgotten - promise!!
(I'll give her a gentle English nudge)!!

It'll be a nice surprise for your husband - I also noticed someone else asking for wedding info so I can let you both know asap!

Cheers
Amanda
Sheila Woodruff
November 26, 2003 08:46AM
Im not sure if he will think its a nice surprise!!! My daughters in on it as well as friends that we met in Hanioti this year. Thanks
Sheila Woodruff
December 09, 2003 04:41PM
Have you had any luck yet Amanda!!!
Gray
January 08, 2004 09:45AM
Hi Amanda, Not quite sure why the thread subject line changed, so I have hopefully changed it back for you. My partner and I are great fans of Greece and have been many times. This year we intend to marry and honeymoon in Hanioti with a view to buying an apartment in the area. We are planning on staying in the Cleopatra Studios and wondered what they are like and also if you new of any decent estate agents in the area?
Thanks and keep up the great work as the gUrU...Gray.
Rosemary
January 08, 2004 10:44AM
I'm sure Amanda will be in touch on the board soon, as I think she's been back in Britain for the hols, but I'll tell you what I know of the Cleopatra too. We met with 2 men who have been using the apartments regularly and they said they were lovely. We stayed opposite the Cleopatra and it looks very nice. It's on the main road, small, well kept and has nice gardens and pool area. You are handy for all the amenities in Hanioti, the main square being about 7 mins walk away. There's a small supermarket acroos the road and through the grounds of the Angelo, or the huge supermarket is a couple of minutes to your left as you come out your apartment. Hope this is of some help to you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.