The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
lindy
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
January 21, 2004 04:42PM
Hi Amanda,
I was looking in the search engine for details on available holidays within Hanioti when I came across the site. I have just read all of the messages on the board and recognised Angie, Angie and her 2 daughters were on holiday in May 2003 at Daphne when we went there(she probably won't remember me and Rob as we came on her second week).

Anyway after reading everything about your bar/restaurant I am pretty gutted that we did not manage to find you. We did get friendly with Emilos from Kelfos bar in the square and his girlfriend Anastasia (I hopefully got her name right). If you see him say hi he probably won't recognise ours names, as I’m sure with all the tourists it would be pretty hard! If you mention red vodka I’m sure that will jog his memory.

Well we would love to come back and this is where I’d appreciate your help. I been a bit stupid and left it late booking and Daphne Village is fully booked until Sept. I was hoping to come at the end of May beginning of June. I really loved everything about Daphne and I am worried if I booked somewhere else I would be disappointed. Do you know of any good hotels/apartments in Hanioti?

I'd really appreciate your help with this but if I can't find a suitable replacement I’ll just have to come and see you in Sept.

Many Thanks
Lindy

P.S
lindy
January 21, 2004 04:43PM
Hi Amanda,
I was looking in the search engine for details on available holidays within Hanioti when I came across the site. I have just read all of the messages on the board and recognised Angie, Angie and her 2 daughters were on holiday in May 2003 at Daphne when we went there(she probably won't remember me and Rob as we came on her second week).

Anyway after reading everything about your bar/restaurant I am pretty gutted that we did not manage to find you. We did get friendly with Emilos from Kelfos bar in the square and his girlfriend Anastasia (I hopefully got her name right). If you see him say hi he probably won't recognise ours names, as I’m sure with all the tourists it would be pretty hard! If you mention red vodka I’m sure that will jog his memory.

Well we would love to come back and this is where I’d appreciate your help. I been a bit stupid and left it late booking and Daphne Village is fully booked until Sept. I was hoping to come at the end of May beginning of June. I really loved everything about Daphne and I am worried if I booked somewhere else I would be disappointed. Do you know of any good hotels/apartments in Hanioti?

I'd really appreciate your help with this but if I can't find a suitable replacement I’ll just have to come and see you in Sept.

Many Thanks
Lindy

P.S
lindy
January 21, 2004 04:44PM
Hi Amanda,

Many Thanks
Lindy

P.S
lindy
January 21, 2004 04:44PM
Hi Amanda,

Many Thanks
Lindy

P.S
amanda
January 21, 2004 05:07PM
Hi lindy

I know a lot of the hotels are already booked up for the beginning of season - I know a couple that only take private bookings so there will be available rooms.
I will check them out and let you know asap. There are some nice hotels near us but I dont know the availability. I will find out and email soon. Let me know exactly what requirements - if you are looking for that side of the main road as Daphne then Cleopatra has a fab reputation. Only with Golden Sun I think. Anyway - will get back to you!

I see Emilios and Anastacia quite a bit so will pass on your regards!

Look forward to seeing you - and watch this space - will do a bit of Hotel Watch for you!

Cheers
Amanda
lindy
January 21, 2004 05:50PM
Hi Amanda,

Many Thanks for replying. Sorry to have posted my message so many times but my server kept failing and i did not realise it was sending everytime.

I'm not bothered really where the hotel/apartments are (not too far from the centre) just that they are nice.
Are you anywhere near Hotel Angelo or Amethytos?.

I will look at Cleopatra and i heard that Pegasus is nice?

I have no particular requirements except for 2 adults. I would also like to find a place where i could go with my family (2 teenage daughters), a lot of places only cater for 3 people per room which is no good as i could not trust them in a seperate room.

Well Thanks again
Lindy

P.S
Where did you come from orginally in Britain, I'm from Bristol.
amanda
January 22, 2004 04:27PM
Lindy - ok leave it to me - I will come straight back to you!
We are very close to Angelo - down the road in fact as though you are going to the beach and just round the corner from Amethysos too!

I am believe it or not from Weston super Mare and spent a few days visiting in Bristol at Christmas and New Year! Small world eh?! Email me separately on dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com and let me know where about you are in Bristol - that way I can leave the site to information on Hanioti but can also chat seperately to you as well!!

Cheers
Amanda
Steven
February 01, 2004 04:53PM
Hi Amanda

Me and my GF are coming at the end of September. We are staying at the Hotel Calypso, any ideas what it is like? How far from you is it? What is the weather usually like at that time of year? We will definatly come and see you and have one of your brekkies.

Thanks

Steven
Steven
February 01, 2004 04:54PM
Hi Amanda

Me and my GF are coming at the end of September. We are staying at the Hotel Calypso, any ideas what it is like? How far from you is it? What is the weather usually like at that time of year? We will definatly come and see you and have one of your brekkies.

Thanks

Steven
Steven
February 01, 2004 04:54PM
Hi Amanda

Thanks

Steven
Steven
February 01, 2004 04:59PM
Hi Amanda

Thanks

Steven
Steven
February 01, 2004 05:00PM
Hi Amanda

Thanks

Steven
steph
February 02, 2004 03:30PM
ooh your brekkies sound lurvly-glad to hear that I'll be able to have a nice fry-up in a morning. stayin at macedonian sky apts so won't be far away. Coming to Hanoiti on 8th July for 2 weeks. Can't wait- at the moment it's dull,windy and cold in England. Cya in July!!! Steph
Sally
February 04, 2004 09:17PM
Hi
Im coming to Hanioti with a group af friends at the start of July, we'll try to come see you. We're staying at the Sarantis Studios, is that anywhere near you? Any idea what it's like? Whats Hanioti like for nightlife?
Thanks,
Sally.
Claire
February 04, 2004 10:00PM
Hi Amanda,
You are so helpful!! I'm coming to Hanioti with some friends in august. Is there a bank in the square? And is there a good choice of places to eat and drink? Will make sure we pay you a visit!!!
amanda
February 05, 2004 07:35PM
Hi Steven
Calypso is very nice - situated just off the main Square - its a 10 minute walk away from us - my good friends Becky & Tolis own the Mini Golf next door to Calypso so they can point you in the exact direction!
Weather end Sept is unpredictable but usually very warm in the day but prepare for cooler/cold evenings! Always prepare for a little rain - sorry but you never know!
Dont worry - we have indoor/outdoor for eating and plenty for all weathers - it'll be great to see you!!

Steph - you are just round the corner!! One big fry up coming up in July for you! Or one every day if you like!! We do all day brekkie so if you're not an early riser it doesnt matter!!!

Sally - Sarantis is nearer the entrance of the village - I've heard mixed reports but I believe the accommodation to be okay - and thats what matters! You are 10 minute walk from us - hope u get to see us!
There are plenty of bars in the village, a club on the outskirts and a club in the next village. To be honest - if you want a wicked night out - then you need to get a taxi to Kallithea (20 mins away) and there are some open air nighclubs there - fab in the summer months - go on til the early hours!
Please call in to us - even only to say hi!!

Claire - there are loads of places to eat - so plenty of selection. The nearest bank is again in Kallithea (20 mins by taxi), but there are cashpoints around (one in the Square) and plenty of places to exchange currency! We are open from 8.30 til a very silly time at night - so hope you get to see us!

Thanks
Amanda
Shirley
February 06, 2004 12:33PM
Yiasou

I will be coming to Halkidiki this year in July. I am not staying in hanioti but will be close by in chrusso village. I hope it is nice there. will be travelling around , so will pop in for a greek brekkie for me and a n english one foor my partner and two kids.
good luck with your business

Shirley
Shirley
February 06, 2004 12:33PM
Yiasou

I will be coming to Halkidiki this year in July. I am not staying in hanioti but will be close by in chrusso village. I hope it is nice there. will be travelling around , so will pop in for a greek brekkie for me and a n english one foor my partner and two kids.
good luck with your business

Shirley
Sheila Woodrurf
February 06, 2004 01:04PM
Hiya Amanda
Have managed to get into the Pegasus for a week. Will be flying out on 10 June (too long to wait though) so we will visit you this time!! Our first port of call will be to the Waikiki for cocktail happy hour though. Can we come to yours for drinks or is just an eating house? Definitely will be doing breakfast thats for sure!
See you soon
Sheila
Claire
February 06, 2004 11:17PM
Hi Amanda,
Could you tell me how much it would cost to get a taxi from Hanioti to Kalithea? I understand thats where the nightclubs are. Is this right? Thank you very much.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.