The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
amanda
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
September 15, 2003 08:25PM
Hiya Margaret

Ummm - I have to be honest - knowing there have been a few probs lately with the water I wouldnt recommend drinking vast quantities! We drink mostly bottled water- although as Angie says - teeth, etc or in small quantities is ok! I would probably recommend you stick to drinking bottled if I were you!

Angie - got your emails ta - made me laugh - I will pass your message to Ian and Stacey - they'll be in tomorrow for brekkie! Also I'll respond soon too!

Cheers
Amanda
ps - thanks for both your comments on carrying on with this thread - I was starting to wonder whether to or not! But its not hurting - hopefully helping - so why not!!!!
mark, family & friends
September 17, 2003 10:46PM
hya amanda
well 24 hrs and we will be in greece lol cya soon
mark, family & friends
hya amanda
mark, family & friends
hya amanda
stacey
September 19, 2003 03:37AM
hello everyone just got backfrom hanioti about 3 hrs ago and it was fab, people fab, bars fab, but best thing i saw was an english resturant the old taven we ate there so often they all most gave us a room, the old taven is great it caters for all any age. they do the best real english breakfast in the village, and loads of english grub. but if you want greek food just let them know the day befor. and for all you cider drinkers they do it on pump which is like gold dust out here, alot of places just get bottled, but thoses bars are still good. you have to go down to the old tavern its so easy all you have to do is go to the large grass triangle out side the biggest and best supermarket in halkidiki trust me once you get there you know where i mean and walk towards the wikiki bar which is good for a night out just befor the wikiki there is a cross roads and go down as if you would be going to the beach, sorry i am really bad at directions just ask some one, but please give it ago the staff are so lovely they never stop smiling and anyone who does not like it is just mad and cant like english food its great value good meal sizes there is not one thing that i can say that is wrong with it it is PPPPPPUUUUUUKKKKKAAAAA

thanks to everyone at the tavern love ian and stacey
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
amanda
September 19, 2003 05:56AM
Hi Mark
Nice weather at the mo - so be nice to see you!
Met Debbie and Liz who arrived yesterday and Rosemary and her party - really nice! So friendly and happy to be in Greece - especially as the weather has turned nice again!
Have a good flight!!
Cheers
Amanda
Liz
September 19, 2003 07:48AM
Hi Amanda

A group of us are arriving next week and a few of them like Guiness, do you sell it? I know one of our party will be glad to hear you have cider on draft.
angie
September 19, 2003 08:22AM
IAN AND STACEY

WELCOME HOME !!!

LOVE

ANGIE XXX
puddleduck
September 19, 2003 08:27AM
Hi Amanda,

We returned from Policrono last night. I'm so sorry we didn't get to meet you. We weren't being rude, we did come to Hanioti but couldn't find you. We wandered around for about 20 mins, had dinner, asked at the taverna and they didn't know. We also asked in a couple of shops and they couldn't help either!
I guess it's my fault - I didn't appreciate how big Hanioti was, I should have asked you for directions.

Anyway, we loved Halkidiki - I'm so relaxed I'm horizontal! So I think we'll be bakc at some point.

Take care, and keep up the good the work with this thread.

Dawn
amanda
September 19, 2003 09:25AM
Ian & Stacey
Thanks for your comments - really nice and hope you come back! We have already got another supply of Strongbow on draught ready!!

Liz - yup we sell Guiness and the cider goes down particularly well (with Ian!!)

Dawn - dont worry - so long as you had a good time! It is big here - and growing bigger!! And you are right- it is so relaxing and chilled out here! If you book again and need to know anything - just email!!

Cheers
Amanda
kris
September 19, 2003 10:39PM
i am back,tremendous week,fantastic place.please old tavern tell people what they are going to pay for their drinks.EXPENSIVE!!!competion will be coming soon.
amanda
September 21, 2003 08:04AM
Kris - Im glad you had a nice holiday and enjoyed your week here in Hanioti!
If anyone is interested in the prices - please feel free to pop in and check the prices before they order as we do 60 different beers and too many other drinks (being a pub!) to list them all!

Thank you
Amanda
amanda
September 21, 2003 08:05AM
Kris - Im glad you had a nice holiday and enjoyed your week here in Hanioti!
If anyone is interested in the prices - please feel free to pop in and check the prices before they order as we do 60 different beers and too many other drinks (being a pub!) to list them all!

Thank you
Amanda
Aimee
September 23, 2003 11:52AM
Hi Amanda,

Just to let you know I am still here and did get your emails! Work has been a complete nightmare for weeks and I just havent had the chance to reply proparly - I promise I will soon tho!

Hope everything is going OK over there in Hanioti - it has turned REALLY cold here, snow on the hills and everything - Ian is delighted at the prospect of snowboarding already!! Its jackets, gloves and scarf weather and its not even October yet... brrrrrrr!

Say hello to all for me... hope Jade is earning her keep yawning smiley)

I'll reply in full soon,

Love from a rather cold, but beautiful, Scotland
Aimee & Ian xxx
amanda
September 24, 2003 08:50AM
Hi Aimee

Dont worry at all - just email when you have the time! I only get a few minutes at a time to email so I know exactly what u mean!

The weather's pretty good here during the day at the moment - although still very cool/cold in the evenings - although i think you have it colder in Scotland!!

I will pass on your wishes to all - and yes Jade is still earning her keep!

Say hi to Ian and I hope you make it over here again some time!

Take care
Amanda
stacey
September 29, 2003 01:30AM
hi amanda
hope you are all fine just reading kris email your drinks cost the same as they do everywhere else trust me i know we were down there nearly every day missing you all say hi to every one for me you have my email address email me and i can then send you some pics i hope it is still busy
and i hope it has stopped raining, me and ian cant wait to come back. i have spoke to angie she is already planning her next holiday there. anyway must go speak to you later.
love to everyone.
stacey and ian.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Nick
September 30, 2003 08:01PM
Hi,
Just found this link. We`re flying in on monday for the week, and have a car hire booked fro 3 days. Whats the weather like at the moment (And for next week for that matter!), and what would you reccommend doing - we`re both late 20`s. I imagine its probably a little on the quiet side at this time of year but I NEED A HOLIDAY!!!
amanda
October 01, 2003 08:07AM
Hi Nick!
It is a little quieter but its really warm still in the day! Almost hot in fact! But beware - the nights are very cold so be prepared! I dont know the forecast for next week - sorry!
There are plenty of trips and if the weather stays the same - the beach is really nice here too! Hiring a car is the best idea because there is so much to see and so many places to visit!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you - please come in and say hi!
Where are you staying?!

Cheers
Amanda
Nick
October 01, 2003 07:03PM
Thaks for the info...i was hoping by just going for 1 week my wife would keep the packing down..sounds like no chance!! We`re staying at the hill top hotel. Will try and pop in and see you. Are you just off the central square?
Wendy
October 02, 2003 02:18PM
Nick
I stayed at the hilltop in July, had a fantastic time, lovely clean place, and the staff are lovely. The hill is a bit of a nightmare, but you get over it, great supermarket at the bottom of the hill, and behind that is the treck to the square. I get confused about all these threads cos half the bars they mention i didn't even see.

Have a lovely time.
Wendy
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.