The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Rosemary
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
January 08, 2004 10:48AM
P.S to the above....................If you go to the board's Home Page (link at bottom of this page) , called Halkidiki.com, there's a link to estate agents when you scroll down, on the right hand side of the page.
Lesley
January 08, 2004 12:58PM
Hi Gray

We stayed at the Cleopatra last year and had a great time -when r u going? we r booked again for May -u will be well looked after as the family who run it are very nice and make sure you are comfortable.
The apartments have everything you could want -including a kettle -not always available in Greece.
You are close to restaurants shops etc.
If you keep checking this site - as i have you will find out all you need to know about Hanioti.
Enjoy the honeymoon!
Lesley.
Gray
January 08, 2004 05:54PM
Thanks to Lesley and to Rosemary for your replies. Its good to know that the area and studios we are thinking about have been really well received. The only other place we have looked at is in Pefkhori, which I understand is along road a few miles. We are struggling to find availability, but we will be in the area beginning of September by hook or by crook.
If anyone knows of any good studios in Hanioti, preferably family run, with pool and only a couple of blocks, we would love to know the names and companies.
Thanks again to both of you for your help so far.
Gray.
Rosemary
January 08, 2004 11:50PM
Gray, Pefkohori's lovely too. You can walk to it from Hanioti, 20-30 mins depending on how fast you walk. My other thread called the Pegasus Hotel in Hanioti may sound a bit misleading, because it isn't really a hotel, its self catering studios, no kettle but everything else, family run, small bar, pool (small, but lovely). I'd go back there in a minute, (and intend to in the early summer). Check it out in Kosmar brochure
Gray
January 09, 2004 09:13AM
Thanks Rosemary, I will take a look this evening as I have the Kosmar brochure.
Gray.
sammi
January 09, 2004 11:30AM
I will visit you in May then and try out your Breakfast

cheers

sammi
amanda
January 09, 2004 02:55PM
Hello everyone
Thank you so much for your comments. I am sadly packing my cases and we are returning to colder than cold Hanioti on Sunday (minus 2 in day and -10 in night so Im told!!) and leaving sunny Britain! But at least I know we have a great summer ahead.
Not looked at a computer until today so just to letyou know Im still around (thanks Rosemary for your info to all - keeping my chat going - hope you had a fab xmas and new year!) and I promise I will be online begining of next week to give all info so check me out on Monday/Tuesday next week!

Cheers
Amanda
ps Sammi - how bizarre I had English brekkie in England - now that was weird!!!!
Scott
January 13, 2004 12:28PM
Hi Amanda,
My partner and I have just booked a holiday to Hanioti and its good to know we will still be able to enjoy and English breakfast. This is the first time we are visiting main land Greece, we usually go to the islands. What is the nightlife like there? I imagine its a lot more low key than the likes of create, but is there plenty of bars and discos? My girlfriends worried it may be a little quite. We are coming the last week in June for fortnight, so will be sure to visit you.
Scott.
Rosemary
January 13, 2004 02:32PM
Bars----yes, Discos-----no. Some of the hotels have their own entertainment but there's no nightclubs as such. A club can be reached a short taxi ride away on the main Rd. It is quiet compared to Faliraki etc but you'll be so knackered with the fantastic weather, you'll just want a nice meal and some cocktails!!!
Sheila Woodruff
January 13, 2004 03:22PM
and so say all of us!!!!
amanda
January 14, 2004 02:13PM
Well - Im back in fairly sunny and fairly mild Hanioti!!

Sheila - I am back on track for you and raring to go so will get to the bottom of your request.

Rosemary - hope you do come back this year - be great to see you again!

Gray - Im sorry I couldnt answer sooner - I have been to Cleopatra and many people staying there have been to our place - and all i have heard are excellent comments - it is family run and they cannot be faulted in any way! So youve picked a good place to stay! As for Estate Agents - I know a few here - would you like their details beforehand or when you come - let me know so i can have them ready or email them through to you!! Can I also say that I have to favour Hanioti. Pefkhouri is lovely to walk to (40 min walk for the non hiker Rosemary!!), lovely beach and nice shops but hanioti draws a lot of people from neighbouring villages as its the only place with the traditional square and little side streets full of anything and everything! Also have you sorted your wedding details yet - Id be interested to hear how you are going about it - as a few people have mentioned doing the same thing.

Scott - you will love Hanioti - the mainland is great - there are so many places to visit - or if you want to stay local - then you have the choice! Rosemary has pretty much answered your questions on the nightlife as far as hanioti goes. But.... you can get a taxi to a village 20 mins away and there are a few outdoor clubs as well as indoor - all are very busy and excellent in the summertime! I favoured Ahoy as when I went it was very busy!!

I hope this helps and will be in touch soon

Cheers
Amanda
Aimee
January 14, 2004 02:44PM
Happy New Year Amanda!!

Hope you had a great time when you were back in the UK!

Its been ages since I was last on the message board, was pleasantly suprised to see your thread still at the top - well done gal yawning smiley)

Doesnt look like me and Ian will return this year, he has a stag weekend of snowboarding and it'll cost a fortune - but maybe next year!

Shall email soon,

Loads a luv
Aimee & Ian x

Ps Scott - Rosemary is right, you will be that wiped out by the heat in Hanioti during summer that all you will want to do is have VERY cold cocktails and get in and out of the sea / swimming pool - clubbing didnt even enter my mind the whole week!! Hope you have a fab holiday, Hanioti is a brilliant place.
Sheila Woodruff
January 14, 2004 02:54PM
Amanda still not got to the bottom of it, ive even got Rosemary on the job. The embassy never came back to me after faxing and different faxes to different places have been unanswered.
Scott
January 14, 2004 04:24PM
Thank you all for your responses, and cold cocktails always go down well. It sounds to me like just the sort of holiday destination we were hoping for this year. We were getting fed up of not been able to walk five paces down the street without been hassled. We were looking for a place where we can have a 'few' drinks on a night, meet nice folk and have a good laugh.
Another quick question, is there any excursions anyone can recommend?
Sheila Woodruff
January 14, 2004 04:46PM
Not sure about the excursions but you couldnt find a nicer place to be. The people are so friendly and the cocktail bars are fantastic. You dont get mithered by anyone. The village square is great for people watching. You must try the ice cream parlour though just off the square. We only discovered it on our third visit to Hanioti and it will be one of first ports of call when we go back in June
amanda
January 14, 2004 06:12PM
Hi Aimee and Ian

Happy New Year back - such a shame you arent coming but I bet snowboarding is fun - what will you be doing when Ian's doing his bit then??!

Scott - there are many excursions - being on the mainland so much to see - Ive yet to see Meteora (where James Bond was filmed), Mount Olympus (although not wildly exciting - nice scenery), several boat trips (possibly sighting dolphins) - plenty - depends what u fancy! You could even stop at Mount Athos and discover yourself for a few days (!) - although nothing female allowed nearby!
Also you will not get hassled - which makes it ultra pleasant!

Sheila - Im back on the job - so watch this space!!!!

Rosemary - Jade wants to know if you are going to visit her again??!
Rosemary
January 14, 2004 10:46PM
Welcome back Amanda. I only answered as I'm on the computer a lot and I thought it would help keep it active while you were away. So glad you had fun back home. Already looked at Pegasus again for May but got to get the skiing holiday outta the way first, (31st Jan to Austria). Loved the hiking comment!!!! Well it only took me 20mins, ermmmm, well maybe a bit longer!!!
Scott=========visualise this========no time-share touts, no lager louts, no high rise buildings, no peddlars on the beach, no gypsies trying to steal your wallet whilst thrusting a flower up yer nose, no rip offs. Only peace, beauty, kind people, hospitality, a variety of reasonably priced bars and restaurants and fabby weather. There's not many places left like this in Europe, and it's called Hanioti! Lie back, relax ,and e-n-j-o-y.
amanda
January 15, 2004 10:36AM
haha - you've been fab! I like your comments to Scott - made me laugh and yes its so true!!
Hope you have a lovely time in Austria - will be thinking of you! Keep it up until then!!

Cheers
Amanda
mark & lavinia
January 15, 2004 06:33PM
we are out in june will try to pop in and see you all
amanda
January 19, 2004 04:08PM
Mark and Lavinia

Be lovely to see you both!!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.