The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Kezzybabes
Re: Niais apartment
May 10, 2005 02:07PM
Pamela....not possible to get a single room in Halkidiki i'm afraid & if she does manage to find one she'll get a hefty wallop with an under occupancy suplement!the best thing your friend can do is to book a flight & just rent a room when she gets there,there are loads for rent in Hanioti,should still be reasonable prices at that time & most rooms are to a decent standard.bit of a pain i know but if she wants to go then it might be her only option & will work out cheaper as you don't usually get charged extra for under occupancy in private rent rooms.
amanda
Re: Niais apartment
May 11, 2005 08:17AM
Let me know if she is looking for just accommodation or has a preference to being in a hotel. If its just a case of a room - then Kezzybabes is right - better to book separately. If she wants to be in a hotel - there is availability with most tour operators here and i know they will be willing to take your friends bookings! I dont understand why the travel agents cant help you - unless the problem is finding a flight seat.
Juliet
Vicky Apartments
May 17, 2005 01:02PM
Hiya,

I'm going to Hanioti on 27th June for 2 whole weeks! I'm staying Vicky Apartments, just wondering if anyone knows what they're like, anything I should be warned about before I go?!

Amanda, my boyfriend and I will be sure to pop in for a drink ... or several and if you're as good as you say I imagine we'll be back for breakfast!

Above it mentions 3 cashpoints, is that still the case? Any info would be much appreciated, cheers.
amanda
Re: Vicky Apartments
May 17, 2005 08:46PM
Juliet

It will be great to see you!
My parents are booked into the Vicky Apts this year - so I hope its good. Ive only ever heard good comments and many people visit there every year so that should tell you something!!

There are still 3 cash point machines dotted around the village so there isnt any problem there!!

We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks time!!

Cheers
Amanda
Juliet
May 18, 2005 11:17AM
Amanda,

Thanks for such a quick response!

I have another question hope you don't mind, I'm trying to work out how much spending money I'm likely to need, I've been to Greece in the past and I know prices vary somewhat but can you give me a rough idea how much the following things cost? 1) Pint of beer 2) English Breakfast 3) Typical evening meal, kleftiko (not sure of spelling!) perhaps? 4)Sandwich

If you can't get me these prices don't worry it was just an idea. I can't wait to go!!!

Cheers

Juliet
Carole
June 10, 2005 02:50PM
Angelo Apartments

Hi Amanda, we are coming to Hanioti on 23rd June for 2 weeks so no doubt we will be popping in for a brekky or two. We are staying in the Angelo apartments have read good reports so hopefully will be good. What is the weather like there at the moment from what I have seen it doesnt look too settled at the moment. We want it HOT!
angie
Tropical
June 17, 2005 03:41PM
Hi Amanda

Have enjoyed reading all about Hanioti, My friend and I are travelling out on the 8th August and are staying in the Tropical Hotel. Any clues, is it as good as all the reviews I have read!!??
And a breakfast is always better eaten after a few drinks so im sure we will be popping in !!

Angie
Sam Gooch
Hi there
June 20, 2005 10:49PM
hi i've been to Hanioti before (last august) and me and 7 mates will come for dinner! we we be arriving on the 30th june (6 lads and 2 girls) is Hanioti busy at the moment?
amanda
The Old Tavern
June 21, 2005 11:19AM
Carole

HI there - sorry its taken a while to get back! Weather very hot here so be prepared!! The Angelo is just up the road from us so be great to see you!!

Angie

Yep - Tropical is just round the corner from us - you must be expecting to come in the heat then - will be baking then!! Fantastic!! Look forward to meeting you!

Sam

Hanioti is very busy this week as this weekend was a Bank Holiday - we were innundated!! Its been a great atmosphere - lots of Greeks and a lot more tourists in general!! There is certainly a difference in the number of people in Hanioti - you can sit and "people watch" now which you couldnt really do in May! Make sure you pop in and say hi!!

Cheers
Amanda
emma
Re: The Old Tavern
June 21, 2005 04:10PM
hi we are flying out 25 august and staying at the angelo apts r they as good as weve heard? we shal look forward 2 seeing you then definately come in 2 c u. what will the weather b like?
Holiday Gal
June 24, 2005 08:45AM
Hey

re Tropical - watch out for Sakis!!! But have fun!!

xx
amanda
June 24, 2005 11:06AM
Emma - weather in Aug is really hot so be prepared - i mean really hot!!
dean fletcher
June 25, 2005 06:52PM
hi me,my gf and my parents are coming in late sept/early oct, whats the weather like then?and the sea temp?
angela wilson
June 26, 2005 10:49AM
hi my son jimmy and girlfriend linzi are in hanioti at the moment staying at the cleopatra apartments was just wondering what the weather was like today 26/jun/05 if he rings home ill tel him to call in and say hi
thanks angela wilson
Rocky
June 26, 2005 01:15PM
hi everybody, lookin to come to hanioti on july 18th, but having problems decidin were to stay, seein dat prices jus keep increasin, if anyone could reccomend a suitable hotel for 2 lads, an defiently goin to pop down an have sum breaky at old taverns, and how far are the big clubs out of haniota, cos really want to party hard for this trip, thanks

and meet lots of girls on the beach, in the town an in da clubs
Kerry
June 26, 2005 05:05PM
Rocky i take it you haven't been to Halkidiki before............you really won't be partyin hard but the clubs are all in Kalithea which is gonna cost you a bit in taxis but between 2 of you it won't be too bad.Best thing to do accomodation wise is go to your travel agent tell them where you wanna go & how much you can afford & let them do the rest.
amanda
June 26, 2005 09:47PM
Dean
The weather can be varied end Sept/Beg Oct - be prepared for sun and possibly some rain! You cant tell late in the season!
The sea is normally pretty warm - im usually still swimming until end Oct so it must be okay!!

Angela - it is roasting today - really warm!!! yeah tell them to call in and say hi - they are not far from us - 5 min walk!
Emma
June 27, 2005 07:20PM
hi amanda my hubby would like to know what beer you have bottled and and draught thankyou.
amanda
June 28, 2005 09:05AM
Hi Emma

Beer..... ok - on draught we have Alfa and bottled beer we have Amstel, Mythos, Kaiser, Heineken, Bud, John Smiths, Newky Brown - plus a few other obscure ones that i cant think of off the top of my head!!

What does your hubby like to drink?
angie
June 28, 2005 10:19AM
Hi Amanda

Talking of beer as such, my friend and I drink strongbow cider do you serve it at all??

Angie
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.