The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Mags
The Old Tavern
August 19, 2005 09:59AM
Hi Amanda

We first came to Hanioti in July 2003, and found your restaurant on the 2nd night! We were only there for a week, but came in every night and really enjoyed the food, especially the full English breakfast!!
We came back July 2004, and was delighted to find you still there! You may remember us co we kept comming in with a double buggy, containing my 3 month old baby and my 2 year old.
We are returning again on 31st August ( staying at the Vicky again!!!) but this time we will have an extra 2 kids, in the form of my 2 sons from my first marriage! We are all looking forward to comming, and cant wait to come to see you. I hope you still do those gorgeous full English!!!!!

See you soon
Mags & Simon
alexandra
Re: The Old Tavern
August 26, 2005 01:50PM
Hi Amanda,

Me and my husband going to Halkidiki on 4 september. We stay at the Kasandra Mare Hotel. Do you know this hotel?
Please give us the adress of your tavern because we want ti visit you!

Thank you
amanda
August 26, 2005 05:11PM
Mags and Simon

Yep we are still here - looking forward to seeing you again!

Alexandra - i cant think where this hotel is - i dont think it is Hanioti is it? Which resort are you booked into?
alexandra
August 27, 2005 04:13PM
Dear Amanda,

The hotel Kasandra Mare is not in Hanioti.
Is in Agios Mamas, Potidea. If you didn't know this hotel can you tell us if the zone where it is this hotel is in the vicinity of Hanioti. We come with our car and we want to visit a lot of places.
Thank you!
gordon
August 31, 2005 05:07PM
Hi amanda
my wife (christine) and i are coming out on the 28th will call in and see you for beer and sample some of your delights which from the messages come highly recommended, see u soon

gordon&chistine
alan &janis
September 05, 2005 02:57PM
Hi Amanda,
We are due to arrive in Hanioti on Wednesday 7th sept for two weeks so will call in to try out that breakfast. Cheers
amanda
September 05, 2005 04:07PM
Gordon and Christine
Look forward to seeing you. Prepare for cooler evenings though - they are getting a little nippy!!

Alan and Janis
Looking forward to seeing you soon - not long now!
joanne
September 07, 2005 06:12PM

Hi Manda

Just like to John and I really enjoyed the food and company at The Old Tavern.

I can recommend the Dimitries Raviloi its lush.

Hope to see you all soon

Joanne John and Loz
gordon
September 09, 2005 07:34PM
hi amanda
where abouts are you in Hanioti, we have been there for the past two years, are you near the square?, we are going to the hilltop, is it hot during the day?

Gordon
gordon
September 09, 2005 07:35PM
hi amanda
where abouts are you in Hanioti, we have been there for the past two years, are you near the square?, we are going to the hilltop, is it hot during the day?

Gordon
donna meager
September 10, 2005 12:36PM
hI AMANDA THANKS FOR THE BEST POTATOE SALAD IN THE WORLD PLEASE GIVE ME THE RECIPIE... SAY HI TO DIMITRI FOR US WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR FOR MORE POTATOE SALAD LOVE DONNA AND SIMON
PS WE HAVE AN ELECTRIC FLY SWATTER OF OUR OWN NOW!!!!
amanda
September 11, 2005 04:48PM
Joanne

Great to hear from you! Hope you all come over soon - be great to see you all again xx

Gordon - we are the other side of the Square - look for Pella Beach hotel on the beach front and we are 50 metres after it! Its really hot in the day but very cool in the evenings so be prepared!

Donna - glad you got back ok - hee hee not giving any recipes - have to come back for more!! See you next year! xx
Clare
September 12, 2005 11:50AM
Hi Amanda,
i dont know if you remember me, but me and my ex partner stuart were out there last year. I was the one dieting.
Well I'm coming back on thursday for a week and looking forward to seeing you. I am not with stuart anymore, am with a new partner.
No dieting at the moment, so definitely will be having more than a greek salad ! lol !
See you later in the week.
Clare
p.s. my new partner Neil, doesnt know about Stuart !!!
amanda
September 13, 2005 08:34AM
Hi Clare

Yeah i remember you - glad to hear you will be trying more than greek salads this time! I was pleased that you stuck to your diet but such a shame to miss out on all that yummy food - you will enjoy it even more this time!!
See you soon - and shant say a word to Neil - just hope he doesnt log into this website!
Cheers
Amanda
Dawn
September 13, 2005 01:35PM
Hi Amanda

Hope you are well, I have sent you an email to let you catch up on things here.

It would be lovely if we could come over to see you all, although not long left until the end of the season?

p.s. Amy says she misses Dimitris coffees!!! Frappes dont taste the same here somehow!

Love
Dawn
Emma
September 13, 2005 05:32PM
hi amanda thanks for some lovely meals and breakfasts. I hope you are all still busy what a wonderful place you live in.Had a wonderful holiday and look forward to seeing you all soon not next year but def 2007 but will stay at the vicky not angelo. love emma daz stevie & george. ps in case you cant remember us i always asked for melon!
Remco Beijersbergen
cancel emails
September 14, 2005 10:35AM
Good day,

Will you please stop contact us with emails.
We stayed on Halkidi in 2004, but we are no longer interested in correspondences with the Old Tavern and any other locations.

Thanks.
peter wilson
Re: wedding info
September 15, 2005 08:29PM
hi amanda

My partner and i are very interested in getting married on the island and dont seem to be able to find much info out on locations, we are trying to get pics of hanioti town hall and info on holding a reception at a local resturant but cant seem to get many contacts we would be very grateful for any advice
regards peter & louise x
amanda
Old Tavern
September 16, 2005 06:06AM
Dawn - lovely to hear from you - i got the email and will reply shortly!

Emma- the melon reminder did the trick!! Really lovely seeing you! Look forward to seeing you in 2007!!

Peter and Louise! Please email me on dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com and i can give you any info i have. I can put you in touch with someone at the Town Hall who can talk you through what you need to do/bring etc - please email me directly.

Thanks
Amanda
ps those reading weather reports - the last 2 days of rain have now given way to a really sunny morning today!!!
Brenda Dibble
Re: Old Tavern
September 25, 2005 10:47AM
Hi there,
Just read your message on the browser.
My husband John and myself are coming to Hanioti on a late deal to the Calypso. We arrive on the 13th for a week and will make every effort to come and see you.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.