The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
DEB
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
June 02, 2004 10:00AM
HI,

looking forward to coming next week, will definately pay you a visit, my hubby loves his english breakfast,
Whats the weather like at the moment?
My son is on a gluten free diet, and quiet a fussy eater, do you think there will be enough plain food around and do you serve any gluten free meals?

thanks
Deb
amanda
June 02, 2004 11:38AM
PLEASE PLEASE COMMENT ON THE OLD TAVERN THREAD 2 INSTEAD OF THIS CONVERSATION THREAD BEFORE IT GETS WIPED OFF!

Incidentally Doug and Donna - yes I remember you both! Glad you got back ok! My neck is a lot better now thanks - no excuse not to work hard!
Jades well and looking forward to finishing school in 9 days- then she has 12 weeks off!!! Arghhh!!

Hi Chris - Ive answered your info on the other Old Tavern thread!! Cheers!

Deb- be nice to see you! The weather has been really hot lately although a light sprinkling of rain just now - cleared up already!
We do most of our meals from fresh so keeping them plain wont be a problem - you will be ok in some of the other places - but best to check first! Not long now!!

PLEASE AGAIN REFER TO THE OTHER OLD TAVERN CONVERSATION - THANK YOU!
Mick
June 26, 2004 03:00PM
Can you tell me the directions from Strand Village to your pub please ?
amanda
June 27, 2004 10:33AM
PLEASE REFER TO THE CONVERSATION THE OLD TAVERN - THREAD 2 - THANK YOU
Emily
Hanioti
June 28, 2004 01:00PM
Hi Amanda,

Just got back from Hanioti on Thursday and loved it - wish I was back there!!

Wish I'd found your website sooner as would have come in for English breakfast definitely! Spent most of the time in the evenings in the main square.

Wondered if you could give me a bit of advice about working abroad over there - I've often wanted to work a season abroad and loved Hanioti this year so thinking about trying to find some bar work there for next year - do you know how I could go about it or anyone over there who hires bar staff for the season? I would of course make it a priority to come in and visit!!!

Cheers,
Emily xx
kelly
Re: Hanioti
July 29, 2004 02:59PM
hey Amanda me and my boyf are heading out to Hanioti on the 12th of August were staying in the tropical only coming for a week but am positive we will be hunting you out especially if u do an english breakie smiling smiley hows the beaches over your way? Weather over here is very warm at the mo so will hopefully have a bit of a tan when we get there. Cant wait sill be soooo much fun!
see you in a couple of weeks
kelly x x
tina
July 30, 2004 11:44AM
where do you live weather here is crap!!! cant wait to go to Hanioti on weds to get out of this @!#$ weather!!!!!!!
kelly
August 01, 2004 03:48PM
live in cleveland stockton on tees, having some great weather at the mo. when you going to Hanioti have u been before?
Georgie
August 09, 2004 09:37AM
Thank you so much for the wonderful meal we had in the Old Tavern last week. You came so highly recommended and we weren't disappointed.

The menu has a good choice and I love the little comments throughout. Everyone was so obliging and helpful.

Your toilet was the only one I went to in the 2 weeks we were in Greece which had a lock on the door!

Many thanks again and all the best for the future.

Georgie
jelena
August 09, 2004 03:14PM
U polihronu postoji veleki broj taverni, skoro sve sam ih obisla i ne postoji ni jedna koja nije vredna pomena i jos manje posete!
Jelena, Bgd, 2004.
Sue
August 10, 2004 11:48AM
We ate at the old Tavern and did not go back after the meal my steak pie was tiny and mushy peas distgusting my boyfriends burger sat in his stomach for the whole night, the place was busy and our service was poor they 4got our bread and the waiter was rather grumpy to us but the rest of the staff + amanda were very nice.
amanda
August 10, 2004 12:28PM
Sue
Im very sorry you didnt enjoy your meal in my restaurant. All the steak and kidney pies are the same size and this is the first complaint Ive heard about them. Its a shame whilst you found the time to comment on the internet you didnt find time to tell me while you were here.
I hope you enjoyed your holiday all the same!

Jelena - Im sorry but I dont understand your message!
Sue
August 10, 2004 12:34PM
I would never complain but I thot I had to express my view after all I was really looking forward to my meal there and have to say I did not enjoy, (sorry) I did find a blace just past the car ride in the first square, there are two pubs but its the same eating place cant remember the name (started with the letter (A) its blue and white checked tables, the food was great we ate there for a week!!!
Zoe
Re: Macedonian Sky
August 10, 2004 12:40PM

3 of us are coming to Hanioti 2 weeks this thursday, can't wait.
But I would like to find out about the Macednoian Sky Apartments and nearby things.
Any information would be brilliant.
Zoe
August 10, 2004 12:40PM

But I would like to find out about the Macednoian Sky Apartments and nearby things.
Zoe
August 10, 2004 12:42PM

Sue
August 10, 2004 01:39PM
If there are a group of you and you are young dont expect great things to do and you have to travel to get to clubs!! we are just back got 3 bad weather days out off 14
amanda
August 12, 2004 09:31AM
Hi Zoe
Some friends of mine are staying in Mac Sky at the mo and they are very happy there - very friendly and very clean Im told!

The weather is pretty nice at the moment!
There are plenty of bars for you to enjoy in the evenings, a mini-golf, go-karts, a nightclub which opened a few weeks ago which plays good music - albeit very small inside!
There is a club in the next village which is 5 mins away in a taxi which has good reviews but the main nightlife is in Kallithea which is 20 mins away with good range of nightclubs. With the Olympics starting soon - you can imagine the whole atmosphere here - its really nice.

You'll be here before you know it!
Remco
Re: Niais apartment
August 12, 2004 12:36PM
Hello Amanda,

We stay in Hanioti, apartment Niais and will pop in for a visit. We come from the Netherlands and have a little kid (1,5 year).
Can you tell of the apartment is nice and is it close to the sea.
See you in september. (our stay is september 9th till 22nd). How's the water?!
Pamela
Re: Niais apartment
May 10, 2005 10:23AM
Hi there

A friend of mine is trying to find a single room in Hanioti, but she is having no joy at all with any of the travel agents - the dates are approx 23rd June for 7 nights - do you know of any hotels which may take her!!

Kind Regards

Pamela
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.