The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Amanda
The Old Tavern, Hanioti
July 15, 2003 08:07PM
Hi there

This is just to let you know - if you are holidaying in Hanioti this year, please come and see myself and my husband Dimitri in The Old Tavern Pub! We have just opened this year and cater for everyone - the only English brekkie with real English food, delicious evening meals and friendliness like no other! We also have a big kids menu - so please make a note to come and see us - even if only to say "hi"!!!!
Amy
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
July 16, 2003 12:56PM
Me and my bf may pop in and say hi smiling smiley

its Amy and Graham....

...recognise graham by his south african accent smiling smiley
Amanda
July 16, 2003 01:00PM
Excellent - please pop in !! When are you coming? Its BAKING here at the moment - and due to get hotter very soon! Im just preparing you for fab weather!!
Amy
July 16, 2003 08:37PM
we are supposed to be travelling tonight....

however the current thunderstorm here is making me a little bit worried!
Jenny
July 16, 2003 09:04PM
Hi I am going with my mum and younger brother at the end of the month. Is the weather really going to be very hot? It has been really hot here in England but it is due to rain very shortly - so we are being told!!! We will more than likely call to see you as we are staying for 2 weeks. Don't think you will miss us, I am 18 brother is 12 but very fair skinned and quite tall and mum is just mum!!! Can't wait, am really looking forward to the holiday. Do you know what the Macedonian Sky apartments are like? Don't mind too much so long as they are not really, really awful, at least we won't have to spend too much time in if the weather is really that nice!!
Daniel
July 17, 2003 10:18PM
Hiya Amanda

We are over in Septemer first couple of weeks so if you are still open around then we will pop in for a breaky or two. Do you know of any car hire firmsin Hanioti its self as I am stuggling somewhat to find any. I would really appreciate it if you could help. I totally understand if you think I am being a little cheeky so if not thats cool and we will see you for breakfast in September.

Cheers Daniel and Michelle
Amanda
July 18, 2003 08:26AM
Jenny - its so hot here its August weather now not July! Its supposed to hold nowbut if we have the odd day cooler - trust me - you wont complain!

I will check out the Macedonian this afternoon and email you back to let you know! The are 2 min walk from us so watch this space!!
Amanda
July 18, 2003 08:30AM
Hi Daniel and Michelle

We are open all year round (except for 3 weeks when we come to England for Xmas - YIPPEE)!!

Loads of car hire firms here so dont panic - cheaper to book locally here than from UK anyway - so leave til you get here!

Anything you need to check before you come, dont hesitate to ask as its no probs - even if its just a weather check for last minute packing!

Where are you staying??
bobhump
July 18, 2003 08:47AM
How very bizarre, we ate here last night just before flying home.

Very nice it was.
Amanda
July 18, 2003 03:57PM
Really pleased to hear you enjoyed your meal!

Jenny - I've been told the Mac Sky is really nice so you have no worries there!
kim
July 18, 2003 04:33PM
hi,myt wife and i plus 3 girls are coming out 21st aug for two weeks,staying pefkohori,if your not far we will come to visit.
kim
Amanda
July 19, 2003 05:29AM
Hi Kim
You are 2 mins away in taxi/car and a 40 mins walk away! Its a lovely walk down the back road - very pretty and not many cars. Everyone who comes takes this road (parallel to the beach) and as you come into Hanioti you will come straight to us first!
Come in and say hi - be great to see you!!
Cheers
Amanda
kerry
July 19, 2003 06:37AM
Hi,can't come to Greece this year so i'll just say hello this way instead smiling smiley Did i read right that you're open all year?How does that work then?I thought the place was just seasonal (unless the people i've worked for for the last 6yrs have been lying to me to get rid of me hahahahaha) Ooooh you're so lucky being there all yr,i love the place (Greece,not just Hanioti)Having a break from the waitress malarky this year but dead jealous of everyone who has been or is going,i'll be there next year though so i'll come & say hi properly then.Have a good (what's left of)season.
Steve
July 21, 2003 08:35AM
We'll add you to our list of places to eat (i luv me brekkie me!) when we come to Hanioti, which is apparently not far from where we are staying, especially as we will no doubt be renting a car.

My wife and I are staying at Noulis Appts in Polychrono - have you heard anything about them? Not too sure what to expect!

Look forward to seeing you between 1st and 14th August!

Any info you could give us on the Noulis would REALLY be appreciated!

Steve and Sue
Amanda
July 22, 2003 06:41AM
Nice to hear from you Kerry! Yes we are open all year round - there is nowhere for the locals to go in the winter apart from the other villages to eat or drink - so at least now there will be somewhere for people to go!
It is great living here I must admit - so you are right to be jealous - hahahhahahahahh!!!!
I hope you do come next year and you must come in and say hi! Just to make sure you come - its really hot and sunny now and the place is buzzing! Is that enough to make you book up???!!!!
Amanda
July 22, 2003 06:47AM
Hi Steve and Sue
Was chatting to a rep last night who deals with Noulis in Polychrono - she said its very basic with no swimming pool - but its clean and very close to the beach! Hey - so long as its clean and the shower works - thats all you need!!!
To be honest there isnt a lot in Polychrono so I expect you will come to Hanioti quite a bit - and if you're hiring a car - better still!
If you need to know anything else before you come - just email and I'll try and help!
Look forward to seeing you in Aug!!!

Amanda
Jeff
July 22, 2003 10:38AM
Hi Amanda

Myself and my wife Karen and our sixteen year old son Danny are coming to Hanioti with our best friends Mike and Maureen on 31st July. We love to try out all the local bars and restaurants and I'm sure we will pop into yours at some point. I am easy to spot as I'm a baldy and I may be sporting a Hull City shirt. We will be looking out for places with Sky satelite to catch some sports events also. We are staying at the Dyonysis, Hope it's OK, It looks nice on the brochure. We have been to all the Greek islands but this is our first time to the mainland and the first time back to Greece for quite a few years.

All the best

Jeff
Kay
July 22, 2003 11:59AM
Hi Amanda,
I just book our 2004 holiday to Paliouri - Chrousso Village hope its ok. Is it far from where you are because we would certainly like to visit. Hope you do Greek Salad!

Kay & Mac
pamela
July 22, 2003 02:16PM
Hi Amanda
threre,s a group of coming out on the 21st of aug were sure to visit you guys what,s the weather like as were all looking for a bit of a tan!
see you soon pammie
Amanda
July 24, 2003 07:19AM
Hi Jeff
What can I tell you - you are staying in a hotel right next door to where I live - and 2 mins away from my pub!
Dionysos is a fab hotel with one of the best nights entertainment (I hear them every night when I get home) - so if you want to have a laugh, good karaoke, nice rooms, nice pool - you have it!
Plenty of places with Sky (we are getting it put too!)
The weather is still very hot - so what more could you want?!
Please come in and say hi - its only next week!

Amanda
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.