The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Amanda
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
July 24, 2003 07:27AM
Kayand Mac

Chrousso Village is 20 mins away by car! I havent been but told its really nice! You are very close to Puerto Vallitsa - a stunning and really breathtaking place. You must visit it one night - and you will see what I mean!
If you decide to hire a car - then we do a 'mean' salad!!!

Get yourself ready for the Olympics!!
Amanda
July 24, 2003 07:29AM
Pammie

If you are looking for sun and a tan - trust me you will have it -it is SCORCHING hot here at the moment - if we are having August weather in July can you imagine what August itself will be like?!

Look forward to seeing you

Amanda
tom
July 24, 2003 06:51PM
hi,good to rad positive things about your pub.what sort of beers can we expect,any newcastle brown ale,guiness.we will be arriving on the 7th aug staying for 2 weeks at the angelo hotel,are they nice?
there are 4 of us,2 adults 2 kids,looking forward already to trying your breakfeasts!! even more to a few jars at a night time!
c u soon
Amanda
July 24, 2003 09:41PM
Tom
We do over 60 different beers so plenty to choose from -of course Newky Brown and Guinness! We are really a Beer House - although didnt exactly turn out like that!
Angelo is a 2 minute walk from the pub! Ive heard its nice there - no bad comments (apart from the in-house chinese........!) but apparently rooms, and hotel in general is nice.
Im waiting for the first person from these email chats to come in and introduce themselves.... will you be the first?!!!
The weather is still waiting for you so hurry up and enjoy it too! Very hot!
See you very soon
Amanda
louise
July 25, 2003 08:41AM
Hi just got back from staying at the Angelo, had a nice time,the drinks at the bar are quite expensive, but there is entertainment on each evening, so if you dont want to go far with the kids it will be ok, we went to the greece night at the hotel, only 10 euros for a adult and 5 euros for the kids, lots of food and fun entertainment, no drinks included, but good fun. The rooms are very basic, we had room 45 which faced the Blue Sky hotel,it was a double studio for two , so it wasnt very big, the bathroom was very small(ha ha), wait till you see it.....The rooms are cleaned every day, and the maids are on the ball, the pool area is very small and shaded, which at 35 every day, its nice, we went to the beach more, as it was cooler, and with the sea having fish in it, a great time to snorkle.The resort was full of familys and couples , no larger louts...We found it quite expensive in the resort, i have been going to Greece for years, and this year i couldnt get to grips with the price increase .Anyway apart from that you will have a great holiday im sure, lots of good eating places, not to bad priced.Have a good holiday, the main man behind the bar is called George, he is a good guy.louise
Jeff
July 25, 2003 01:51PM
Amanda

Thanks for the reply..Nice to know we are in a good place..Can't believe it's really only next week. I'm sure we will pop in and see you at some point.

Regards

Jeff
Eileen
July 26, 2003 08:24PM
Amanda

Been reading all your replies. We are flying out on Thursday this week and have just looked at the weather forecast for the next 5 days - doesn't look very good. Hope this isn't what it really is like. It happens to be raining here in England hopt that's not what we are coming to. Really looking forward to holiday and hot sunny weather will make it all much better. Staying in Hanioti so will probably call in and see you!
amanda
July 28, 2003 06:30AM
Eileen

Its BOILING!! Havent seen any forecasts to be honest - but there's no rain here at the moment!
Dont worry - normally if there is a storm - it goes as quickly as it comes - and its a blessing cos its so hot! So as it is at the moment - you will be flying into the heat and sun - can you cope??!!!
Where are you staying in Hanioti?

Amanda
H
July 28, 2003 12:37PM
Hello Amanda

We are staying in polychrono @ the Efterpi Studios, do you know what they are like?
Is there much to do in Polychrono? I heard that the beach is nice!!
We are in our late twentys, so i am sure we will find something to do!!
We are traveling on the 14th August for 1 week, can't wait especially as the weather is going to be really hot!!
We will call in and say hi, and sample one of your fine ales!!

H & A
Jon
July 28, 2003 01:56PM
Am flying out on August 18th to Hanioti Village, Gerakina beach or pella beach. Any ideas as to what they r like plus good places to visit

cheers
amanda
July 28, 2003 02:59PM
Hello H & A!!
The beach is nice and I will find out about your appts and email again to let you know!
Not that much in Polychrono - but dont worry - Hanioti is thriving at night and we are only 5 mins in a taxi!
Off to spruce up for work now (umm if I call it work) so will email tomorrow with more info for you.

Take care
Amanda
amanda
July 28, 2003 03:03PM
Jon

Pella Beach is next door to us, very grand and 90% are Germans. I dont think you will fault the hotel at all! Hanioti Village is just set off the main road - 5 min walk from us and although not as grand as Pella - it is a favourite with many - very clean and friendly. I dont know about the other - so will do my best to find out and will email again tomorrow!
Places to visit - you have the whole of Northern Greece at your fingertips, the monasteries, Mount Athos, boat trips (prob spot dolphins too), the surrounding villages, Mount Olympus - and plenty of varied nightlife depending on what u r looking for!
What more could you want??! As well as sunshine of course!!!

Amanda
Eileen
July 28, 2003 07:15PM
Amanda

Just been reading messges about storms and rain and had a look at the weather forecast til the end of the week. And yuk! all of them seem to be forecasting thunderstorms on Wed/Thurs/Fri!!!! Daughter is starting to have panic attacks - as you can well imagine!!! She says she will come and see you especially if it is raining when she will endeavour to drink you dry!!!! Only joking, but I'm sure we will call and see you. Hopefully we will see some sun and come back home with a good tan!!!

EILEEN
amanda
July 28, 2003 08:55PM
Eileen
I look forward to seeing you - and Im sorry but all I see if a bright blue sky! Lets hope they are wrong! And tell your daughter not to worry! A storm is normally quick here and amazing to watch - so Ill have the drinks ready!
Have a good flight xxx
tom
July 31, 2003 10:20PM
hi,well next thurs we will be leaving from newcastle,cant wait!,with 2 kids 9 & 2 will we be welcome everywhere! looking forward to a pint of guiness!!
cheers tom
amanda
August 01, 2003 06:02AM
The storm came yesterday afternoon and was a huge downpour! It lasted about 2 hours - and then it was bright blue for the rest of the day!
Today is a little cloudy but certainly warm - it doesnt look stormy yet!
So there's the lastest from the Hanioti Weather Watch!!!!

Tom - I think the whole of Newcastle is here so you'll have a great time!
The guiness is waiting for you!
Hope you have a good flight and like it in Angelo!
See you in a week! If you need to check anything beforehand - just email!!

Cheers
Amanda
Matt
August 01, 2003 06:37PM
hi amanda
Thanks for the reply,
sorry to bother you again but i was wondering
What are the prices like for drinks in your pub?
Are there many restraunts in the area by the roupel studios?

Thanks
Matt
tom
August 01, 2003 09:03PM
hi, thanks,we do tend to take over and we do like a drink or two!!why not!cant wait to get there.do you have sky sports(the missus will kill me for asking)
tom
amanda
August 02, 2003 03:21PM
Matt
Dont apologise - you are not bothering me!!
The prices can vary - 1.5 E for soft drinks - as we are also a restaurant/beer house - beers vary from 2.00 - 10.00 Euros!
I dont think drinks here are much cheaper than England - but I can promise its the genuine stuff!
There are one or two restaurants next to Roupel but most are in the main Square - which is only a short walk away!
Dont worry - you have a huge selection of places!!

Amanda
amanda
August 02, 2003 03:24PM
Tom
Thats good to hear!
We do have Sky Sports and will try to get it put up before you come over!
In case we dont put it up in time - you can always leave your wife in good company (with us) if you MUST watch the matches elsewhere - hahahhahah!!
Either way - you'll have a great time! Everywhere will welcome you!

Amanda
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.