The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
mark
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
August 10, 2003 01:45PM
hya there
theres a big group of us coming on 18th september , would you please let me know where your bar is , hope to hear back from you , thank you
mark
August 10, 2003 01:59PM
hya again i forgot to tell ya where we are staying , were at the olympic kosmar , whgere is your bar from there please
amanda
August 11, 2003 06:07AM
Hi Karen

Yes I do remember you -really pleased you enjoyed yourself! It was lovely seeing you and really hope you do come back!
Remember next year will be a fantastic buzzing atmosphere, esp with the Olympics so get booked up!!!!

CHeers
Amanda
amanda
August 11, 2003 06:12AM
Hi Mark!
Nice of you to ask! We are a 2 min walk from your hotel! They are friends of ours and have our leaflets on reception (in case you get confused with my directions)! As you come from your hotel turn left and take the 2nd road on right - as you look down the road you will see us straight in front of you -you cant miss us!

So - not long til your hols then! How many of you are there - and are you all staying at Kosmas?
If you need to know anything about the resort, just ask!!
Look forward to seeing you!!

Cheers
Amanda
amanda
August 11, 2003 06:16AM
Aimee

Ive been trying to find prices but I need specific info - so all I can tell you about the diving is there are places you can book it in each village so you can definitely do it but you will have to give your details when you get here in order to sort costs. Sorry I couldnt help!
But I have been looking at the prices of trips with the locals and with the reps - and its up to you - but there is quite a difference! You want to check the local prices before you book with your reps - sorry reps but Im just being honest!!

Cheers
Amanda
mark
August 11, 2003 03:39PM
hya Amanda
thank you for replying to my letter i think ive got it where you are as we came last may and stayed at the kosmas apts and can remember our way around,
theres a party of 8 adults and 5 kids all staying in the kosmas aps , and should be another 2 adults and 2 kids staying somewhere else in hanioti , it was recommended to us last year by a bar owner to come september time as the nights and water were warmer than may and more comfortable than mid summer, we used to visit this little bar owned by a guy called Life with a son and daughter called Akis & georgia , i wondered if they are still there , its not far from you near the wasteland if its still there.
when we come to visit you we'll prob be wearing England football shirts so ya wont miss us lol .
hope to hear from ya soon
Mark
Amanda
August 13, 2003 08:33AM
Mark
Sorry for delay - caught that damn new MS virus so been sorting pc out!
However - Life bar still exists you'll be pleased to know!
Also your apts are really nice so you will have a great time - coming in a bigger group makes it more fun too!

Look forward to seeing you

Cheers
Amanda
Aimee
August 13, 2003 11:45AM
Hi Amanda,

Thanks for looking into the boat trips and scuba diving for me!

We shall hunt out local prices on our arrival tomorrow (this time tomorrow we should have landed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) and see what prices are like.

Looking forward to being in Hanioti, have been checking the weather on BBC.co.uk and it looks fab! The packing is done, ive gotten rid (partially!) of my traditionally pale Scottish skin with some fake tan and its just started to rain here after weeks of good weather - I couldnt be more ready for a holiday if I tried yawning smiley)

See you in the next couple of days!!!!!

Aimee
amanda
August 13, 2003 02:55PM
Hi Aimee
Had a great flight and look forward to seeing you soon. Make sure you introduce yourself when you come! Tom and family have arrived and said hi, and Jeff's gang and Eileen's family are off tomorrow so I look forward to seeing you!
The weather is fab so you are ok for the sun!

Take care
Amanda
Katie
August 14, 2003 06:45PM
Hi amanda,
I have just come back from Hanioti well monday 4th. I went with me mum and dad and came to the old tavern anumber of times. Even saw you!!!
The resturant was superb and all staff were superb!
We stayed at the hilltop hotel which was fantastic. I have actually stayed in touch with Tania who i believe you know very well. Will you please pass a message on to her that i have sent you a letter and have tried my hardest to write it in greek!!!(i'm still learning)
OOOf i feel like the chicken off your menu, however instead i am stuck with a casserole hmmmmmmmm!!!!
Anyways i will certainly reccomend your place because as a family we certainly enjoyed.
Thanks
Katie
Louise
August 14, 2003 06:59PM
hi! i'm travelling out to Hanioti on the 21st of august! i was wondering if you could tell me what the hotel roupel was like as we have heard very little about it! i cant wait to go and will be sure to visit your pub when out there!
Thanks
Louise
kim
August 14, 2003 10:57PM
amanda,sorry to trouble you,but we are coming out on the 21st aug,my daughter has now decided to join us for the second week.so that means our two grand children will need soya milk,can we get this from the supermarkets??
looing forward to popping in to say hi.
kim
Amanda
August 15, 2003 06:26AM
Katie

Glad you had a good time and I'm calling Tania now to make sure she checks the post!

Thanks for the lovely write up on my pub/restaurant as well!

Amanda
Amanda
August 15, 2003 06:28AM
Louise

I can see Roupel hotel from my pub - its a two min walk - in fact Aimee who wrote previously arrived yesterday and is staying there!
The hotel has had various comments - I believe its basic but it is clean!
It is certainly fine as a base for you as it is pretty close to everything!
Hope this helps

Look forward to seeing you - oh and the weather is still fab!

Cheers
Amanda
Amanda
August 15, 2003 06:29AM
Karen
Hi - how is it to be back in sunny England then? Enjoying it? No - we didnt feel any earthquake! When and where was this?!
Amanda
August 17, 2003 03:40PM
Kim
No trouble at all - I havent found any in the two big supermarkets opposite my house - but I will check the main huge one tom and let u know!
Im sure I have seen it but will confirm tomorrow!
Sorry for delay in getting back to you

Cheers
Amanda
kim
August 18, 2003 07:51AM
HI,Amanda
Thanks so much,i am sure we will be able to get it there,just did not want to have to carry it out from here,makes a bit of a mess when spilt..if you know what i mean.
kim
Jennifer
August 18, 2003 11:13AM
Hiya Amanda!

Its Eileen's daughter Jennifer. Had a lovely time in Hanioti and want to go back NOW!!!! Mum gone back to work today and is hating it already. She has come down with a streaming cold now!!! Phillips ears are fine now but mine are really sore just got drops from doctors. The flight was ok slept for most of it, we weren't that delayed either but best of all I got my perfume in the airport!

It was lovely to meet you and the food is gorgeous in your restaurant!!! Would reccomend it to anyone!!!!!

Jennifer
Craig
August 18, 2003 11:17AM
Hi Jen, guess what.............. I'm going in a week. u jealous? woooooooooo hooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Jeff
August 18, 2003 11:28AM
Hi Amanda

It was very nice to meet you and Dimitri over the last two weeks. I was very impressed with your taverna, the English breakfast we had was bril and the curry I had on the Tuesday night was excellent and I really liked the look of the flambe'd steak which Dimitri was doing. I see you got your PC virus sorted, fortunately, I did not have it when I got home. We all had a wonderful time in Hanioti and I must thank you for taking time to chat and for all the information you gave us. For anyone else reading this and if you are hiring a car while on holiday, I must recommend that you pay a visit to both Golden beach and Chrouseau bay. Chrouseua bay is a beautiful gently sloping sandy bay where you can do water sports or just sunbathe and is just along the coast from Golden beach which in turn is just along the coast from Pefkahori. Unfortunately, we were at this bay during a thunderstorm, but it still looked wonderful. I am happy to reply to anyone if they want my views on the resort of Haioti, and as we did hire a car, we visited a few other places along the Kasandra peninsula. I may also be able to suggest a few eating/drinking places worth visiting.

Hope the rest of the season goes well Amanda

All the best

Jeff, Karen, Danny, Mike and Maureen from Hull
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.