The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Debbie
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
August 05, 2003 09:14AM
Hi Amanda,

Cant beieve i was in your tavern in June and July, i have only just found this web site.I stayed in Pefkohori in june and Hanioti i july, but got around quite a bit.I hopeing you can help me as im looking to buy property in one of the resorts but not having much joy on finding good web sites for estate agents.May be you could e-mail me with some address's or phone numbers. I will be back in Hanioti in sep 2003 so i will make sure i will speak to you this time.If you can offer me any help i would be greatful, i also may be back in oct with a film crew so i will bring them to you and then you will be on channel 4 back home.
Thanks for reading
Debbie
PS you Tavern was great !!! and im single so do you think i, making the right move?????????
Ruth
August 05, 2003 10:41AM
Hi Amanda
i have just spent a week in hanioti at the Angelo Apartments, was great! i was wondering how easy would it be to find work in Hanioti starting from next year june time?
cheers Ruth x
Aimee
August 05, 2003 01:57PM
Hi Amanda,

Me and my boyfriend Ian are flying over to Hanioti from Glasgow on August 14th and are staying in the Roupel (which I believe is quite near you?) so we shall definately be over for a few brekkies and the occasional shandy (cough cough)!!

Can you tell me if there are boat trips or scuba diving schools that operate around or near Hanioti? If so, what sort of prices are they?

Thanks in advance, and see you in a week or so!

Aimee
amanda
August 05, 2003 03:17PM
Hey Debbie
What a shame we didnt just meet!
Never mind - yes there is a lot of property in Hanioti - not many Estate Agents - i will sort some numbers out for you and email shortly!
Glad you liked our place - if you come back in Sept please come and say hi - I already have Jeff and Eileen here that emailed previously - so great to put face to a name at last!!!
Debbie - lots to tell about living here - please give me your email address and I can tell more. Need to know more specifically what you are looking for - but as I am currently looking for another house - hopefully I can help you!
Please send me your direct email soon.

Cheers
Amanda
ps - as for being single and being a good move - there are many single Greek men - what do you think??!!!!!!!!!! It worked for me!
amanda
August 05, 2003 03:20PM
Ruth
Its not hard to find employment here - what kind of work are you looking for? I know many hotel owners here, as well as bar owners and a variety of others so if you tell me more maybe I can help. Its best to start arranging things early so you know you are sorted. If you want - email me more on dimitrios_amanda@hotmail.com and I'll see if I can help you!

Cheers
Amanda
amanda
August 05, 2003 03:26PM
Hi Aimee
If you come out of Roupel entrance and look left you will see us - talking of shandy - just had one myself - (yum yum) and very welcome it was too!

There are boat trips and scuba so you will be ok there - to be honest you can either do the trips through the reps or maybe even locally - whichever you prefer. I will try to find out some rough costs and let you know! The boat trips will depend on which company you are travelling with - who have you booked with?

With it being so damn hot now and the stormy weather disappeared (YES - its all gone and we have blazing skies again!) you will have a fab time - just let me know who you are booked with and I'll try to find some costs beforehand!

Cheers
Amanda
Debbie
August 05, 2003 05:35PM
Hi Amanda,

You dont know how happy you have made me with your reply, when last out i tried to find some english people to help but didnt have much luck.Plenty of greek men of cousre!!!!!! Heres my e-mail address and when you have e-mailed me back i will write and tell you everything as it will take some time.
d.batson@virgin.net

BIG BIG THANKS AGAIN DEBBIE.
kerry
August 05, 2003 06:00PM
Debbie Sorry to interfere but being single & moving to Greece is soooooo the right thing to do hahaha! I.ve spent last 6 seasons working in various resorts on Halkidiki & got spoilt for choice!!!!!!!!! Would love to live over there too,it's a beautiful place.Good luck!
Ruth
August 05, 2003 07:33PM
thanks for that amanda ill e mail you to that address all help is very welcome!this is the beginning of my search and its quite hard to find a good place to start, you may have helped me on this one! cheers Ruth x
Your Bestest Mate
August 06, 2003 06:53AM
Hi Mand & Dimitris

To everyone that might read this. We spent a totally wonderful week in Hanioti at the end of June this year. The place it lovely, the people are very friendly and helpful, the weather was boiling and we saw two fantastic thunder storms, but like Amanda said, they are here and gone in less than 2 hours, and to be honest are needed to cool everything down, if only for a few hours!

The Old Tavern is a great place to visit (no, I'm not biased!) Wonderful range of food, ever flowing drinks and a great atmosphere be it morning, noon or night!

Can't wait to come back and sample it all over again!

Lynne & Gary
Aimee
August 06, 2003 09:12AM
Hi again Amanda,

Thank you for the reply, its a relatively hot day up here in Inverness (well, compared to what temperatures we normally get!!) so I cant wait for a whole week of warmth when we fly out next week!

Im actually hoping that there will be a thunderstorm or two when we get there, ive always been fascinated by them!!

We have booked our holiday through Golden Sun, are hoping to spend as little money as possible so any info regarding prices would be great!

Hope to hear from you soon,

Aimee
Kerry and Sue
August 06, 2003 01:24PM
coming on Monday 11th Aug from Leeds for a week, staying at Olympic Lakis apartment, might pop in
Debbie
August 06, 2003 05:54PM
Hi Kerry.

Great to here you loved it too, i didnt mind your comments they made me laugh!!! What kind of work did you do, im thinking of being a rep, what do you think?i wouldnt work if i didnt have to!!

Speak soon
Debbie ps if you want to keep in touch i will give you my e-mail address let me know?
Diana
August 06, 2003 06:00PM
Angela & Dimitri,
We are coming out tomorrow 7th Aug and staying at the Roupel at the moment it is 36 degrees.

Will say hi to you when we get there.

Diana & Richard
amanda
August 07, 2003 08:02AM
Weather update: For those of you who are wondering - its still very hot and sunny!!

Kerry - you would love to live here? Hahha - have you ever experienced winter here?

Kerry & Sue - Lakis is just round the corner -hope we see you!

Aimee - off on my mission for you - so watch this space!!

Lynne - you are the best - as always xxx

Ok - off to do my bit for the Brits - will email with all the info asap

Cheers
Amanda (not Angela!)
kerry
August 07, 2003 10:39AM
Amanda Haven't experienced winter there but have had plenty of reports from friends there.The year everyone got snowed in was a bit of a git but other than that i reckon i could cope,might turn alcoholic though if there's nothing else to do haha!!!!!x
kerry
August 07, 2003 10:49AM
Debbie I've worked as a waitress & in a bar,personaly wouldn't be a rep for all the money in the world but that's just me.Ended up working there by accident but turned out to be one of the best things i ever did.I'd like to stay in touch (Amanda & anyone else too) so give me details & i'll reply asap! smiling smiley
debbie
August 07, 2003 09:04PM
Hi Kerry,

Thanks for that, i cant believe your off soon its not good ive got to wait till sep,...... oh well ive been twice already.
Heres my e-mail and we can keep in touch
d.batson@virgin.net
Bye for now Debs
kerry
August 08, 2003 06:28AM
OOh confusion!!!!!!!!! Debbie i'm not the Kerry as in Kerry & Sue(earlier thread)so i'm not going anywhere,well i am but not Greece(does that make sense?)Having a break & trying some different places this year,i am missing it though! I'll mail you soon. ta ta!!! smiling smiley
karen read
August 10, 2003 10:56AM
hi ya we did come to the old tavern we loved the breakfasts you did we spoke to you do you remember you told us about the snow that you have
in the winter we could not belive it we really liked your bar .
you were very polite and we would deffenatly recommend you hope to come back soon till then take care and thanks for the hospitality
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.