The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
jeanette
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
August 18, 2003 02:10PM
Hi Amanda,
We're coming to Kriopigi on thursday, how far is it from you and whats it like?
Thanks
Jeanette
Jennifer
August 18, 2003 02:29PM
Hia Craig

Yes I am very jealous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Were are you staying? We stayed at the Macadonian Sky. Some nice places to eat are The Old Tavern just outside the square which Amanda and her husband own (say hia to her for me if you go in), Gusto Italiano is very nice too and the Hot Goblin which sells baked potatoes like you've never seen in your life!!!! The Video bar in the square is really nice place to drink and the staff are lovely!

Jennifer
Craig
August 18, 2003 03:38PM
Hi Jen,
My girlfriend and I are staying in Sani (sani beach hotel) on the 27th Aug for 2 weeks. It's her 21st so i booked a posh hotel! We normally travel earlier, hope the weather is still scorchio. We will be hiring a car so will check out ur resort and 'the old tavern'. Travelling from Liverpool, Can't wait.
Craig
August 18, 2003 03:39PM
Hi Jen,
My girlfriend and I are staying in Sani (sani beach hotel) on the 27th Aug for 2 weeks. It's her 21st so i booked a posh hotel! We normally travel earlier, hope the weather is still scorchio. We will be hiring a car so will check out ur resort and 'the old tavern'. Travelling from Liverpool, Can't wait.
Jennifer
August 18, 2003 04:57PM
Hia Craig

We left last thursday and the weather was gorgeous!!! So i'm sure it'll still be nice. I heard that the beach there is pure sand it was more stoney by us! Good luck driving over there the Greek drivers can be a bit mad!!!! Were abouts in Liverpool are you from? Am from Waterloo in Liverpool!

Jennifer
Craig & Kim
August 18, 2003 05:43PM
Kim is from Crosby and I am from Maghull. How old are u? what school did u go to? U might know her.
Jennifer
August 18, 2003 06:30PM
I'm 18 and I went to Sacred Heart in Crosby. Where did she go?
Craig & Kim
August 18, 2003 08:06PM
Kim went to Chesterfield. Anyway, gonna go and pack now coz were going to halkidiki in 9 days!!!! yawning smileyp
Daniel
August 18, 2003 09:44PM
Hiya Amanda

We are coming over to Hanioti in the next couple of weeks. I was just wondering what we would expect to pay for a meal for two roughly. Obviously it depends how much you have to drink but for example a starter and main course each and perhaps a bottle of wine. Thanks for your time and I will look forward to one of your breakfasts I have heard so much about. Apparantly they are the best in town!!!!!!!!!

Cheer

Daniel & Michelle
amanda
August 19, 2003 03:34PM
Blimey - I know more about Liverpool than Halkidiki now!!! haha!

Craig - look forward to seeing you both - the weather is baking hot - and I mean BAKING! Apparently set to stay too!

Daniel & Michelle -hi there! To be honest everywhere varies for prices - but very roughly:
Starter - 4 euros for starter
Main - 5- 10 euros - depending on what and where
Desert 3 - 5 euros (yummy)!!! my favourite!
Drinks really vary:
alcopops - 4.00 euros
soft drinks - 1.50
beers - we range from 2.00 - 20.00 as we sell over 60 brands!
wine - really varies - between 6 - 25 euros (or we sell half or litre as well)!

Hope this helps - it is a rough guide so dont quote me - and yes - we do the best - and only true english breakfast! Cos Im a true Brit!

Look forward to seeing you
Amanda
shireen
August 19, 2003 04:06PM
Hi Amanda,

Glad to know there will be at least one place to eat when me and my friend visit Hanioti. We fly over on the 28th, hope the weather is still nice by then. We're staying at Roupel, apparently not far from your place.

Really quite relieved to hear such positive feedback from everyone about Hanioti as it is my holiday abroad and me and my friend want to have a one. Have you got any useful advice for a first timer to Hanioti?

You must get so many E-mails from people that say they will pop in and say hi, do you actually remember any of them when the come in?

Just to add another to your list, I'll make sure we'll pop in and say hello and have a bite to eat at least once,

Shireen
Gail
August 19, 2003 04:41PM
Hi Amanda,

Am just about to book a holiday with three of my friends. Is Hanioti a good resort for 4 English girls looking for a relaxing but not so quiet holiday?

Would appreciate your feedback!

You're place sounds great, will definitely pop in if we make it over to you!

Thanx
Gail
amanda
August 19, 2003 09:10PM
Kim - Ive had no luck with Soya- but Im sure Ive seen it somewhere -so would bring some just in case to keep u going !!
Sorry!!!!!

Shireen - hi there! You will love it here - no advice except come and have a great relaxing time!
I have had 4 parties come and say hi which is nice - I just hope everyone else does too when their holiday time comes!
Of course I remember who everyone is - its almost like waiting for friends to arrive - just waiting to put a face to a name!
Not long now - and weather is steaming hot!

See you soon !!!

Gail - I came here on holiday and met someone and am happily married- not sure if that convinces or scares you!!
Its a great place, relaxing, chilled, bars and restaurants galore and nightclubs dotted around if you want very lively (trust me - the greeks know how to party)!!
Something for everyone - hope you make it over!

Cheers
Amanda
Steve
August 19, 2003 10:29PM
Hi Amanda
We've got just 4 hours to go until we go to the airport, so i'll be quick.
There is 8 of us, 4 adults - 4 kids. We are staying at the Strand and we'll
see you quite soon for Dinner / Breakfast.

Regards

Steve - Lynn - Kids - Grandparents.
kim
August 20, 2003 09:51AM
hi amanda,
thanks for all your effort,i am sure we will find some somewhere,it is just a last minute thing ,as my daughters marriage has broken up so we said she should come with the kids,so she will bring some out...
looking forward to coming over tomorrow,06,40 flight,so see you soon.
i hope it is a nice as everyone has said..
kim
Matt
August 20, 2003 02:28PM
hi amanda
im on my way 2morro morning wat time do you open im sure ill be gagging for a pint
puddleduck
August 20, 2003 03:29PM
Hi Amanda, I've just booked a late deal and the hubby and are off to Polychrono (Kosma Studios) on the 4th of September. Can we walk to Hanioti from there? We'll no doubt pop in at some point.

You do keep saying there's nothing at Poly, should I be worried? We don't want nightclubs and rowdy bars, we like to eat at a nice taverna and have a few beers in the evening - are we going to need to come to Hanioti for all our entertainment?

From a natives point of view, can you tell us what boat trips and sightseeing trips are good too please?

Cheers!
Dawn.
amanda
August 20, 2003 03:29PM
Steve and family

Have a great flight and look forward to seeing you all !!!

Kim - I will keep my eyes open for you - and look forward to seeing you!

Mat - we open at 8.30 - 9.00 am (you know Greeks!) and the pumps and bottles are ready for you!

Look forward to seeing you all - hope you have nice flights.
The transfer here is 1 1/2 hours so unload your cases and come on down!!

Take care
Amanda
amanda
August 20, 2003 03:35PM
Hi Dawn
Sorry but there isnt that much at Polychrono - maybe you can enlighten me as to anything when you arrive - but you can walk to Hanioti you will be pleased to know - its about 40 min walk - but talk the back road not the main road - its a lovely walk!!

Ah ha - if you want nice tavernas and beers then you wont go far wrong -I really mean if you are looking for lots of entertainment, nightlife, etc - there is far more here.

There are really good trips and sightseeing tours, to Mount Athos by boat (some people saw the dolphins on the way this week), Cruise (really good reviews), to the city (umm if you like that kinda thing), to other places in north greece, just loads - you wont be disappointed!!!

(Id skip the city trip!)!!!!

Hope this helps
Amanda
Emma
August 20, 2003 07:30PM
I can guarentee everyone that The Old Tavern is lush - as it is owner by my bestest ever mate and her husband, same goes for Hanioti, lovely place for a holiday, get wait to get back there this year (hopefully)

Go there and and Amanda will give you the bigest welcome ever!!!!

Cant wait to see you at christmas (if not before)

TTFN - miss you heaps

lots of love

E.

lots of love to everyone

xxx
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.