The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
Claire
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
February 06, 2004 11:24PM
Also i forgot to ask. We're after sandy beaches without pebbles. Is there a nice beach within walking distance of the Vicky apartments or would we need to get a taxi to find a really nice beach? If so where is nicest? Thank you.
Love Claire
amanda
February 07, 2004 08:21AM
Hi there!

Shirley - Fantastic - look forward to seeing you - my husband will be doing the morning shift so be sure to get him to call me and I will be down to say hi!

Sheila - of course Waikiki for happy hour - where else?! Actually if Im honest Nicks bar close by to Waikiki does a good happy hour as does the Golf Course - they go good prices throughout the day ! And of course you can come to us for drinks only - you dont have to eat as well! Be nice to see you - June will be here before you know it!

Claire - I will pop in the taxi firm in a mo to get you a price. Off out for a coffee (did I tell you its 20+ degrees at the mo and very sunny!!) and will email on my return! Also re: beaches. Most of Hanioti beach does have some pebbles just before you enter the sea - although the beach itself is fab. There are some beaches close by that are very sandy and absolutely stunning. If im honest (and I am) then the nicest beach I have some across is Golden Beach (although i will check the name) and its a huge cove and its unbelieveable - hardly anyone goes there (5 mins in a taxi) and it really is paradise! OK - off out now to check taxi fare.

Cheers
Amanda
amanda
February 07, 2004 12:01PM
Claire

Taxi price to Kallithea clubs - you are looking between 10 - 15 euros each way - taxi cant take any more than 4 people (and wont because too many police checks here). I dont think the prices will go up in the summer but nighttime ususally costs a little more - as you will want taxis late night/early morning if you say no more than 20 euros you should be safe!
Hope this helps!

Cheers
Amanda
Sian
February 07, 2004 12:15PM
Hi,
I and six of my friends are visiting Hanioti in July. Just wondered what the nightlife's like for 7 English girls who are 18 years of age. Also would like any information that you have on the Natasha Apartments. Will be in dire need of a kitchenette (any clue if they have one in the rooms) and we don't have a pool so wondered if there was any nearby that we could visit.
Any info that you give us will be hugely appreciated,
Sian
amanda
February 07, 2004 12:36PM
Hi Sian

Well - looks like you are all going to have some fun! Read my message above re: nightlife (about 9 postings up).
I am about to go for a walk shortly so will check out the Natasha and will email again shortly and give you the answers you want!
Give me a few hours - the weather is too nice to be indoors right now!

Amanda
amanda
February 10, 2004 07:36PM
Sian

Ok - had a good look round - but noone to ask! There isnt really a hotel close by where you can use a pool - but the beach is a 2 min walk away - or a 1 minute sprint! Sorry !
You can prob use one of the hotel pools which is a 5 min walk away if you are prepared to buy drinks at the pool bar - but check with the owners first as July is normally heaving here!!
Brenda
February 17, 2004 06:56PM
Hi Amanda,

Just found your site. Very good. We stayed in Hanioti in june 2002 at the Hotel Cleopatra which has been mentioned several times on your site and what a great time we had . I can reccommend it. The family were fantastic especially the daughter Maria. My reason for posting is to ask you if you know if she will be there this summer.Ido know she did hope to travel. If you know Maria it would be great if you could pass on our best wishes. We will pay you a visit as we hope to be back in Hanioti soon. Kind Regards Brenda and Graham Drinkwater
Claire
February 20, 2004 07:31PM
Hi Amanda,
Thank you so much for your help on the taxi prices. It's really reasuring to have someone to ask things! Just wondered if you knew anything about the Vicky Studios as that is where we have booked! Cant wait, are flying out on the 9th of August. Do you think it will be REALLY hot? We havent got air conditioning but have booked fans!!
amanda
February 22, 2004 11:12AM
Brenda -thanks for your message! I dont know if Maria is here this year but I will certainly pass on your wishes if I see her - and will of course let you know what her plans are!

Claire - Vicky Appts are very highly recommended by the people I know who have stayed there! Small, clean, family run and very personal. Also nicely located in the village - so not far away from everything - close to us in fact!!
Aug is normally very hot - lets hope we have a nice hot summer this year - we've just got rid of the snow here in Hanioti, now its freezing and raining - ARghhhhh - come on summer!!

Cheers
Amanda
amanda
February 22, 2004 11:23AM
IMPORTANT

To those who are still interested in keeping in touch on this thread - I am creating a new thread with the same name. Due to the size of this thread - the website owners themselves have asked me to begin a new one - so naturally i will do so! So feel free to still ask any questions or queries you may have - and i will do my best to help you!

Hoping to hear from you soon - please check out for the new thread.

Cheers
Amanda
keith hitchcock
April 16, 2004 02:10PM
Hi were from South Wales and love Hanioti lot of friends there.George,Magda and Costas in Gold Art jewellers.Doctor George and Katarina his Secretary.Katarina in Garys Fast Foods.Menya and Arthur in Central Cafe.Roma Pizza ,Max and his Dad in Love street etc etc.Will be in Hanioti on 9th June 2004 will come and see you.Nearer that date could you email me with weather forecast.Thank You
Frances,Diane,Robert and Keith xxxxxx
Telephone 01443 451791
amanda
April 17, 2004 09:42AM
Keith
We know all the above and they are all getting their shops ready to open so its a lovely bubbly atmosphere! George and Magda are particularly good friends - they were the first people i met when I first came here on holiday!!

The weather has been very hot but cooled down the last few days!

I will keep you updated! I have started another threaded conversation called Old Tavern Thread 2 - please check that one for any updates!!

Look forward to seeing you all in June!!

Take care
Amanda
Kerrie
April 19, 2004 05:15PM
Hello!!

Me and my Boyfriend are coming to Hanioti on the 17th May this year, its my boyfriends birthday present to me.
will the weather be any good then do you reckon??
We came last year in September and it was brilliant!! thats why we are coming again for my Birthday!

We most probably went to the old Tavern but i cant remember which pub it was??
is it near Kelfos at all?? thats where we went last year, Great Cocktails!!

We stayed at the Daphne Village last time but this time we are booked in at the Olympic Lakis Studios, know if its any good??

Hope to hear back from you soon!!

Love Kerrie and Jason xx
amanda
April 19, 2004 07:37PM
Hiya
Yep - i hope the weather is nice when u come - usually is then - but evenings can be cooler so be prepared!
Kelfos is right in the Square and we at the OT are nearer to your hotel - when you are walking to the Square, when you get to Roupel Hotel - keep your eyes peeled to the right (and at the bottom of the road) - you'll see us!
Ive heard good things about Lakis - so you wont go far wrong!

Look forward to seeing you

Cheers
Amanda
Leigh
April 20, 2004 05:47AM
Hi Sian
nightlife winds down about 1'ish in the village but for a reasonably priced taxi ride, Kalithea is where it's kicking! Bubbles is a great place to go with 3 half Dutch half Greek brothers causing chaos whenever possible. Its also in the heart of 'clubland' and you can go berserk until the sun comes up.
If you go to Bubbles ask for George and tell him I sent you (nutter ringing big brass bell at outside bar) he'll make sure your stay is great and he'll make sure you get back home ok i.e. taxis etc.
Not to be missed.

Leigh
The Hot Goblin Crew

P.s Amanda, sorry for jumping in on your thread.
amanda
April 20, 2004 09:26AM
Dont apologise Leigh! between us we should be able to answer everything! I havent experienced Bubbles so couldnt help there! Mind you - I have experienced Ahoy - now that was a night to remember! You been there?!
keith
April 20, 2004 11:12AM
Hi would you be able to give an indication of the weather in Hanioti for the 1st 2 weeks of September please.
amanda
April 21, 2004 09:51AM
Hi keith

Weather in Sept is very nice - especially for the first couple of weeks. Daytime is pleasant but not too ot and the evenings can be a bit cooler. You have to be prepared for the odd shower - but in general - it should be nice. May and September are my favourite months!
Nicola
May 01, 2004 09:33PM
Hi Amanda,

I am coming to Hanioti on 24th June for 2 weeks with my sister and staying at the Angelo. Stayed there last year and loved it. i cannot wiat to come back!!! I was just wondering, where abouts are you situated??? Are you in the square?? we went to a few bars around the square but don't think we went to yours. I hear the square has become pedestrianised is that right? Oh yeah whats the weather like late june?
Adrian
May 08, 2004 05:48AM
Hi Amanda, So where in the UK are you from????
I am hoping to get out there sometime in September, most likely to be around the 7th or so.... Can you tell me what the weather is typically like for that time of year please???

Where are the best beaches and pubs, looking for a resort where i can be entertined if i want to but not kept awake when i dont want to be....

I will come and get a brekkie from you also.. Do you have your Satellite in yet???
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.