The Old Tavern, Hanioti

The Old Tavern, Hanioti

Posted by Amanda 
amanda
Re: The Old Tavern, Hanioti
May 14, 2004 09:47AM
Hi Nicola
Sorry for the late response - been offline for a while. We are just around the corner from the Angelo - you cant miss us! Also yes the main square is pedestrianised for the main summer months and the end of June is usually gorgeous!

Adrian! Im from sunny Weston super Mare near Bristol!
Weathers pretty nice in Sept - although possibly cooler in the evenings.
There's pretty much something in every resort but the best for clubs etc would be Kallithea. They are situated just outside so good nightlife close by but also far enough away to get some kip!
Hanioti is nice in the evenings but mainly you'll find it is bars that will keep you into the early hours - although more toned down at that time of year!
debbie
May 14, 2004 11:33AM
hi amanda
just found your thread and couldnt wait until id read them all before i e-mailed you so sorry if i repeat anything you have already been asked!!!
myself husband and 2 boys (9 n 15) are flying 2 hanioti on 24th may and r staying at the kassandra apts would like 2 know what they r like and if we can use any pools nearby!
we will of course be coming 2 sample your brekkie and beers so can u tell us where u r from apts?
ive read there is a cashpoint in the village but can we use switch cards in it? also how widely accepted are switch and visa?
hows the weather at the mo? uk forecast 4 greece says rain 4 the next few days!
look forward 2 your reply its great 2 have some good honest advice from another brit
will see u on or soon after the 24th
debbie andy craig n aidan
debbie
May 14, 2004 11:35AM
hi amanda
just found your thread and couldnt wait until id read them all before i e-mailed you so sorry if i repeat anything you have already been asked!!!
myself husband and 2 boys (9 n 15) are flying 2 hanioti on 24th may and r staying at the kassandra apts would like 2 know what they r like and if we can use any pools nearby!
we will of course be coming 2 sample your brekkie and beers so can u tell us where u r from apts?
ive read there is a cashpoint in the village but can we use switch cards in it? also how widely accepted are switch and visa?
hows the weather at the mo? uk forecast 4 greece says rain 4 the next few days!
look forward 2 your reply its great 2 have some good honest advice from another brit
will see u on or soon after the 24th
debbie
May 14, 2004 12:29PM
hi
amanda its the natasha apts not kassandra were stayin in!!!
amanda
May 15, 2004 11:34AM
Hi Debbie
Im glad you said that cos I couldnt think where Kass Appts are!

There isnt a pool close by - but you are 5 min walk from the beach - so cant say fairer than that!

I will check the cashpoints - dont think you can use Switch but Visa is fine - I will get back to you on that.
There are 3 cashpoints and most places (although not all) take Visa (we also take Mastercard as do most others).
Weather's a bit dull today but the sun is trying to poke through!! After a couple of dull days - its normally gorgeous - so fingers crossed!
We are a five min walk from you appt - out of your appt, turnright and head for the park then turn left and walk straight down the road (head for Pella Hotel) - we are 50 metres after it!

Look forward to seeing you in a couple of weeks!

Cheers
Amanda
Dawn
May 15, 2004 02:06PM
Hi There

Just to say that we have just come back from Hanioti and had a lovely time. Weather excellent and hot apart from one day. Went to see Amanda and Dimitris twice, only had a week and so time flew by. Had a lovely meal in the Old Tavern, the restaurant really has a lovely relaxed atmosphere and Amanda is so helpful and friendly, can't do enough to help. We are going back in August or earlier if I have my way, can't wait to say hello to everyone, love the place.
amanda
May 16, 2004 08:42AM
Hi Dawn
Glad you got back safely - thanks for your comments - look forward to seeing you again in August! Please say hi to Amy too - was lovely to meet you both!
Teresa
May 18, 2004 08:06AM

Hi,

We are on hols near you 8 july for 2 weeks. We'll be in to see u.

what do you need to wear in evenings. Does it cool down or not ? any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks. see you in about 7 weeks and counting.

Teresa.
katie
May 19, 2004 08:53AM
hey there!
We'll probably pop in and say hi! Its our first time in greece and am hoping the weather will be good!
There are four of us: Emily, Katie, Ian and Matt.

Is there anything to do around hanioti that you recommend?

Thanks!
katie
May 19, 2004 08:54AM
by the way we are flying tommorrow!
so exciting!
smiling smiley
amanda
May 19, 2004 10:52AM
Teresa

Evenings in July are normally very warm but ask nearer the time cos May weather has been very unpredicatable.

Katie
Hopefully you will have arrived to nice weather - if you are flying later today and see this - look forward to seeing you all
debbie
May 19, 2004 03:25PM
hi amanda
thanks 4 the info!
a friend has just come back from hanioti and says the weather wasnt brilliant so am hoping it will improve over the next few days
did you manage to get any info on using switch debit card over there?
will be seeing you soon!
5 days!!!!!cant wait!!!!!
kris
May 19, 2004 07:47PM
im going to hanioti on the 27th of may i will come in and have brekkie
Ken
May 20, 2004 09:25AM
Hi Amanda

Will Be there on 27th. Do you "do" greek food ? kleftico, stuffado and gyros pittas?
Pam
Re: Food
May 20, 2004 02:33PM
I have seen a bargain for Halkidi but its self catering. What is the cost of meals out there. Do they offer vegertarians options? What are they?

Pam
Mark & Christine
Back again
May 20, 2004 03:10PM
Hey Amanda get the drinks chilled just booked into the Angelo apts for 19th July for a quick week ;-)
Clare
Re: Back again
May 20, 2004 06:27PM
Hi Amanda

Just wondered if you could tell me what the weather should be like at the beginning of June - myself and my b/f are coming to Hanioti on Monday 7th June for 2 weeks (cant wait)!!!

We will visit you for your good ol english brekkie yawning smiley)

Thanks

Clare
amanda
The Old Tavern, Hanioti
May 21, 2004 09:36AM
Debbie- really sorry - completely forgot - will definitely ceck tonight and email when I get home (very late) so you will know tomorrow morning about the Switch!

Weather is totally gorgeous at the mo and has been for last 3 days - maybe summer is finally here??!!!

Kris - be great to see you - please pop in!

Ken - yep - we do Greek food including Kleftiko and Stiffado, Spaghetti's, English - you name it! And lots of fresh desserts too! We dont do Gyro's though - you need to go into the Square for that!

Pam- there are quite a few vegetarian options - we do a lot of lightbites that do not contain meat, veggie-burgers, jacket potatoes to name but a few. You will find most restaurants do some forms of vegetarian meals - and self catering is better for you as your hotel may not offer a huge selection therefore you will not be tied to one place!

Mark and Christine - be great to see you - cant believe it was 5 months ago - and another 2 to go!!! And Angelo - great - just round the corner!!! Give our love to everyone please!! Are the others planning to come at any stage?!

Clare - if the weather stays like this - then be prepared for total sunshine! Although the evenings are cooler so bring a light jacket!

******************IMPORTANT****************

** PLEASE COULD ANYONE WHO WANTS TO ASK ANYTHING RELATING TO THIS THREAD OR HANIOTI PLEASE CONTACT ME ON MY NEW CONVERSATION - The Old Tavern - Thread 2 - AS I HAVE BEEN INFORMED THIS CONVERSATION THREAD WILL START TO SLOW DOWN THE WEBSITE DUE TO THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS SO FAR! THANK YOU AMANDA
Doug & Donna
May 29, 2004 06:46PM
Hi Amanda & Dimitri.
Just read your ad on the internet and decided to get in touch. Incase you don't recall who we are, Doug's the one with the bad foot who you were going to go to the pharmacy for, and who Dimitri gave a lift home to. Hope the season's going well for you. How's your neck doing?
Thank you both for a wonderful holiday. We will definitely be recommendeing you to our friends and family.
Say hello to Jade for us. Hope she's getting on ok. Take care all of you

Love from Doug & Donna
chris
May 31, 2004 01:12PM
hi there

I am coming out to hanioti this thursday with my wife and parents. Just wondered if you could help me with anyinformation on the Dionysos apartments and were you are located so we can pop in. Also current weather would be useful

chris
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.