Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Lyn
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
September 02, 2005 07:33PM
Going to Chrousso next year. Will be going All Inclusive and just wondered what's classified as a local drink?
Mr Sharkman
September 15, 2005 06:30PM
Hello going to Chrousso village next year with friiends. and was wondering if the pools are large enough to take inflatables as we usualy take our own .Another question I was also wondering if being AI wheather the waiters take your orders or will we have to take our own orders. As on previous holidays we needed to take our orders down on note paper due to being in a large group.What is the childrens entertainment like in the evening do they do things like straw building and pool dipping. And flick the bottle top compertitions.
Kevin Litherland
September 15, 2005 07:52PM
a.palmer. All rooms are good. some have air-con, most do not- but a large fan is usually available for the whole of your stay. (free of charge, just ask when you book in at reception).

lyn. AI drinks are all locally produced, lager, gin, vodka, ouzo and probably other spirits. these are available at the pool bar from 10am-12am. There are imported drinks like stella artios but you must pay for these. There is also self service lager, coke, lemonade, fanta, bottled water from the restaurant (at meal times) or the snack bar all day. Tea and coffee are also self service from the pool bar.

Mr Sharkman. The pools are large enough for small inflatables like lilo's, rubber rings/tyres. The restaurant is self service buffet style. waiters are only there to clear away the plates etc. but watch out- if you leave the table to fetch a drink they will remove you plate, even if you have not eaten anything off it. In the evenings entertainment is at the amphitheatre, consisting of about 1 hour of music for the kids to dance/play games. followed usually by a quiz, although some nights there were more entertaining things like audience participation games.
Lyn
September 16, 2005 09:58AM
Am going next year on 8th June. What will the weather be like then and is the sea warm at that time?
amelia
September 23, 2005 04:11PM
cant wait to go,sounds great is their alot to do for my age 14 and my sisters 10? goin in the begining of june all inclusive .
Mark
September 23, 2005 08:51PM
Snap, we're going 8th June too! We went this year at that time and it was great! We stayed at Fanis in Polichrono but every day we drove to the beach at Paliouri. It is so quiet and beautiful. We were back there last week and saw dolphins in the bay!

If your flying First Choice from Gatwick we'll see you there!
Lyn
September 24, 2005 12:45PM
Yes we're going from Gatwick too!! The only thing I was worried about was the weather and sea temperatures as June is quite early in the season. Am so excited about going. There will be me, my husband and our two boys aged 10 and 4. The beach sounds fantastic. Haven't been abroad with our kids before so am really looking forward to it. We also booked with First Choice so I dare say we'll see you there!! Do you have any children? Amelia your sister is the same age as one of my sons so maybe you'll all get on.
Mrs A Sibling
September 26, 2005 07:06AM
Mr Sharkman: glad you bought up the subject of inflatables. Has anybody got any thoughts on what is 'too big' - some of ours are quite large.
Mrs A Sibling
September 26, 2005 07:08AM
Anybody got any tips for keeping the mozzies away? I've heard lavender scent repells them. Any thoughts?
Lyn
September 26, 2005 08:08AM
Skin So Soft bath oil from Avon. Loads of people swear by it and I think you can buy it on internet so don't need an Avon lady.
Mr Sharkman
September 27, 2005 07:58PM
Mrs A Sibling.
Glad you ask the question about the mozzies. We have found that lots of bug spray, lavender "stick ups" plug ins and air freshners dotted everywhere seems to have the repellent effect. We have also found the Bug zappers can be quite amusing watching the little beasts fry of an evening can become part of the evenings entertainment, have been known to pull up a chair and cheer as they enter the danger zone!. Quit gladitorial .
Thanks Lyn for tip on lavender soft bath oil. will let other members of our party know so they can start getting in a supply. Nothing like being ready for the beasts.
Mr Sharkman
September 27, 2005 07:59PM
Mrs A Sibling.
Glad you ask the question about the mozzies. We have found that lots of bug spray, lavender "stick ups" plug ins and air freshners dotted everywhere seems to have the repellent effect. We have also found the Bug zappers can be quite amusing watching the little beasts fry of an evening can become part of the evenings entertainment, have been known to pull up a chair and cheer as they enter the danger zone!. Quit gladitorial .
Thanks Lyn for tip on lavender soft bath oil. will let other members of our party know so they can start getting in a supply. Nothing like being ready for the beasts.
a.[palmer
October 12, 2005 05:31PM
Does anyone know if there are any safes in the rooms at Chrousso village. If not are there any in reception? Thanks
Kevin Litherland
October 12, 2005 07:19PM
There are safes in the rooms, but are not very big (approx 6x7x7inch). Ask and pay for the at reception when you book in. Think it was about 25 euros for 2 weeks.
Lyn
October 13, 2005 08:16AM
Am going all inclusive next June for a fortnight. Not sure how much money to take. Haven't been abroad for ten years!! Looking forward to this SO much!!
a.[palmer
October 13, 2005 11:18AM
Hi, can anyone give me a run down on what actually happens on the Pirate Cruise, and how much it was this year please.

PS, Thanks to Kevin Litherland for his responses to my previous questions.
Kevin Litherland
October 13, 2005 03:13PM
Lyn, when we went we took about 600 euros, this was far too much for us as we stayed on site nearly all fortnight, we used over half of it on duty free on the way home. There are free pre-bookable mini buses from main gate to Hanioti and Paliouri where there is plenty to spend your money on like gifts, lunch, alcohol etc.
There are also trips you can go on, but can be expensive for a large family.
Kevin Litherland
October 13, 2005 03:33PM
The Pirate Cruise consisted of a 15 minute walk to the beach where the Pirate ship was waiting, set off on a cruise to one of the islands (cant remember name), takes a while to get there, when you arrive you can walk the plank and swim to shore (need to be very good swimmer), or wait for a small boat to come and take you across. You spend most of morning on beach, sunbathing, playing volleyball, get back on boat, have 'typically Greek' lunch consisting of rice, bread, spicy sausage, salad. set sail again for 'turtle island'. prepare for disappointment - the island shape on approach resembles a turtle - it doesn't have any turtles on it. You also cannot go onto the island as is it protected, but you do stop in the islands sun trap for a good while, where you can swim in the sea if you wish. There is no beach here, so you need to walk the plank and be a very strong swimmer. (or wear some sort or float aid). Then you set off back home. If you are lucky you may see some dolphins like we did.
Lyn
October 15, 2005 03:16PM
How much is 600 euros in pounds. Sorry to sound dim.
Nikos @ halkidiki.com
October 15, 2005 03:46PM
600 Euro(s) = 411.24 GBP
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login