Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
July 23, 2007 10:23PM
Thank you very much for your message, I must say I'm a little nervous about going, the reviews have not been great, I know about the mozzies but they seem to be bad in most hot places so we are prepared for that, just worried about keeping my 10 year old busy. Well no turning back now! I'm glad you had a good time and hopefully so will we!
sharon
May 29, 2008 03:16PM
hi me and my children are going to the chrousso village 12th june 08 i was wondering if anyone had just come back or going around the same time ...
June 04, 2008 06:21PM
When we went to Chrousso Village last year we went for two weeks, it was gorgeous weather but again there is a problem with Mozzies and some wasps but they tend to leave you alone if you don't annoy them. There is not much to do there at night except bingo and the kids disco but it all ends by about 8 p.m.there is also a bouncy castle area but again this ends at about 8 p.m sometimes they will do a comedy night which can be funny. I'd recommend you take board games and stuff for the kids. We went on two of the trips offered, the first being the pirate ship which was a nice day out and then we went on the jeep safari but without being too critical if you like to see alot of churches then this is for you but if not then stay clear! The towns nearby are nice and the restaurants are good there as you might want a break from the food at the resort. Like any holiday its what you make of it and who you meet. Try and contact the hotel direct and book a room with air conditioning because it gets really hot and they don't have many with air conditioning available!
sharon
June 04, 2008 08:04PM
sharon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> hi me and my children are going to the chrousso
> village 12th june 08 i was wondering if anyone had
> just come back or going around the same time ...

thanks for the reply i am looking forward to it but a little scared too. i contacted the chrousso and asked for air con but as we are staying in a 1 bed app most people have said they do have air con thankfully. i have got no room left in the cases for board game maybe a pack of cards ha ha i have read 100,s of reviews the latest being may 08 and they dont sound to bad there is meant to have been a lot of changes so lets hope so. i will let you know how it went when i get back or watch out for us on holidays from hell lol xx
June 23, 2008 08:34PM
Hi

We are going to Chrousso Village this thurs and were wondering what the food selection is like.

Is the wine drinkable and is the food edible?

Thanks
K
June 24, 2008 05:42AM
We went last year so I don't know if things have changed but the food was okay, the kids struggled a little but they don't everything anyway, it can get a little repetative and if you find this I suggest you take the free bus to the next villages as there are loads of restaurants that you can go to if you want a break, I did this with my two boys and we loved it, if you can't get on the bus the taxi's are not too expensive. The wine is a typical house wine nothing too fancy but drinkable, people didn't seem to complain as they could get as much as they wanted and they do some cocktails that are free also. Hope you have a lovely time.
June 24, 2008 06:57PM
Thanks for your comments.

What sort of food do they do and do they have real pepsi cola?

Also are there any trips worth going on and what prices do they charge?

Thanks
K
June 24, 2008 07:20PM
The food was okay, mainly turkey and some other meats, alot of things were made with greek cheese, and there was quite alot of rice, if your not fussy with your food then you will be fine but my boys didn't seem to like the food they ate alot of chips! We did go into the next towns a few times and I got them some typical english meals there but to be honest I would not expect a greek restaurant to just do English food in the complex so I'm sure you will enjoy it, I think my boys are just really fussy. From what I can remember there was real cola and the bar staff are really friendly to the kids.

We went on two trips, the pirate ship was a nice day out, the first choice reps are on there and do some things with the kids and the scenery is lovely. You all get to jump from the boat if you want to on a couple of occassions which was fun and then you get to lie on a small beach for about an hour, we also went on the jeep safari which was fairly expensive but I'm afriad to say we were not impressed as were 10 others from our place which went, the kids were really bored, myself and my two boys were put in a jeep with 2 women who I think were German!! the jeeps went so slow that you could of walked next to them and we saw alot of churches, near the end of the trip it was yet another church and some of our lot chose not to get out of the jeep as they had seen enough churches and the organiser got really annoyed and sent them home before it had finished and he sent me and my boys home even though we had got out the jeep!, not quite the jeep safari that we had wanted as we have been on others and they were loads of fun. In my case I ended up getting half of my money back because of it, so I personally would not recommend it. Don't know if you have any children going with you but they would not let my 10 year old in the kids club as they said he was too old so he was a little lost at times when my youngest got to go and play. I would recommend that you take some board games and stuff with you for the nightime. We met some really lovely people there which made the holiday which I am sure you will too.
June 25, 2008 02:01PM
has anyone else had any different entertainment going on? my mom has phoned up first choice & they told her that there was entertainment yet on the site if you go to book it says there is no live entertainment in the evenings so its all rather contadictory!
we are going in september as well so not high season.
x
June 26, 2008 05:34AM
The only entertainment that was on the complex was the kids disco at 8.30 p.m.followed by bingo for about half an hour and then about once a week they did stuff for the adults but that was about it really.
June 26, 2008 07:28AM
suspected as much as on the online booking now you have to tick a disclaimer saying you know there is no live evening entertainment yet when my moms chap booked last year this wasnt there! i warned my mom as shes getting married (ive got little ones so they will be taking us off to bed early no doubt, so not a problem for us). mom and her crew though may find it a bit lacking, i told her they will have to off to hanioti instead then which doubt she will mind as she wanted to go there anyhow.
x
sharon m
July 01, 2008 10:52PM
hi me and my 3 kids age 10,5 and 3 have just come back from the chrousso village after 2 weeks. i read all the reviews and was wondering where i was going to but i can promise you it is great. yes the food is a little different but they have to cater for all mostly germans . but u will survive there is bread chips salad rice and the ice cream is really nice. the rooms are clean and so is the whole place. the flys & wasps are a pain when you are eating outside but just ignore them and they will go away. the pools are ruff i took swim shoes (crocs) for the kids and they were fine. the weather is hot we went 12th june until the 26th up to 40 degrees but seek shade or the pool. we met some great people hello to you all and thanks for the great holiday. the entertainment was poo there is not any really kids disco at 8.00pm then bingo or a quiz after that until around 9pm . the kids reps jumping jenny crazy kaz and tania twinkle toes are fantastic my kids would not go but they were still great they need a medal for trying. the beach is around a 10 min walk if your kids walk quick mine di not we saw no snakes but lizards are around but do not hurt you. a little girl did get stung by a jelly fish but if you do we were told urine does the trick or so they say urrrrrrrr.................. trust me go and have a great time we did and will return next year ................................
July 06, 2008 03:43PM
glad you had a great time sharon!
did they have a bbq on sat night with greek dancers as advertised online with first choice or not?and did you bother with any trips whilst out there? may do the pirate boat for the kids but feel a bit nervy as my youngest will only be 4 months then so dont want to get stuck on a rocky boat for hours with a tiny baby!
also what was the kids park and bouncy castle like as the bouncy castle looks huge and thought it looked great fun for my 2 &3 year old children as it will give them something to do in the evening when it cools off a bit i hope.
jo
x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login