Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
di james
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
August 03, 2006 07:52AM
Yes, have you read leos review on latest ratings, really good.??
Inez
August 06, 2006 11:37AM
Hi Caroline
Will see you there!!!! Getting excited and stressed now!!!!! got loads to do!!!!
di james
August 08, 2006 10:04PM
Hi everyone , just bringing us back up where we belong!!
leza
August 09, 2006 03:44PM
lol !!! nice one Di
Julie
August 09, 2006 05:59PM
Hi All,

We are off to Chrossu next week and I have found all the advice and information on here really useful.

On a very boring, but practical subject, can anyone tell me what the laundry facilities are like?
Due to my husband's work commitments this will be our first 2 week holiday with the kids and I'm really panicking about how many clothes I need to pack and whether I can do a little washing etc. We have a 14 year old gitl who changes her clothes every 5 minutes and a 13 year old boy who would happily wear the same clothes for the entire fortnight!

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Julie
Gill
August 09, 2006 08:34PM

Hi Julie

There is a launderette just outside the gates which costs about 5 euros a load. It was very clean. We have four children , the two boys were especially mucky and we ran out of clean clothes! and two girls who also had to have about three changes of clothes a day! so one day when it was dull I did all the dirty washing. It made it a lot easier also for when I came home.

Thanks
Gill
Julie
August 09, 2006 09:13PM
Thanks Gill,

That's really useful to know.

Julie
di james
August 09, 2006 10:14PM
Julie, balconies are ideal for drying any handwashing you do. have one of those things to hang your washing on but i would take some pegs.
Julie
August 09, 2006 10:34PM
Thanks Di. Will put pegs on the list of things to remember to pack!

Julie
DI JAMES
August 09, 2006 10:37PM
Julie, when are you going?
Julie
August 10, 2006 07:37AM
Hi Di,

We are going next Thursday, 17th, for 2 weeks. I can't wait!

Julie
di james
August 10, 2006 05:08PM
JULIE, you will love it!!!!!
di james
August 11, 2006 11:00PM
Just bringing us back up to the top where we belong.
geoff wilkinson
August 12, 2006 06:12PM
Hi julie - we are also going out on thursday 17th, we are part of a group of 14 from Maidstone, Kent!. We are taking our son (whos just turned 14) and has similar laundry habits to your son! There are also 3 x 17 year olds, 2 x 15year olds, 1 x12y/o and 1 x 9y/o so you wont miss us! See you out there
Julie
August 12, 2006 09:24PM
Hi Geoff,

We are from near Southend in Essex so not to far from you at all! Am sure we'll see you over there with such a big party!

Julie
Gill
August 12, 2006 10:40PM

Di and I have 15 year old daughters and they had a ball! There seemed to be loads of teenagers about and they all mixed together. It was nice that they had their independance but also nice that we knew they werent very far away. There is nowhere for them to wander to at night so we could relax enjoy the vodka and G&T's whilst they enjoyed themselves and we knew they were safe..

I have to stay that Chrousso is brilliant and you will love it. I would definately go again. Ignore any moans and groans you may have read on the forum just remember two weeks passes so quickly so enjoy every minute it will soon be winter and dark nights!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gill
di james
August 13, 2006 09:35AM
Yes, it did feel so safe there didnt it gill, the kids all seemed to stick togethor.because its a relatively small place everybody got to know each other.You will all have a wonderful time!!!!!!
Julie
August 13, 2006 09:50AM
Hi Di and Gill,

You both make it sound so wonderful and just the sort of place we love!

Can you tell me if it gets chilly at all in the evenings? My daughter has just got back from a school trip to the south of France and she said that although it was baking hot during the day she needed a jumper in the evenings. I wondered if Halkidiki is similar?

Did either of you hire a car at all? If so can you recommend a company at all.

Thanks for all your help and advice.

Julie
Gill
August 13, 2006 11:55AM

Hi there
I only needed a cardi on the first night not sure why cos nobody else was cold!! We went early July and didnt need them. Ive been to Greek Islands in early September ,in Corfu I needed one in the evenings but in Zante I didnt. I still pack a cardi for all of us whenvever I go away, if you dont wear it over there they come in handy on the plane home as they can be chilly.

We didnt hire a car but a couple in the next apartment to us did. They thought it would be better than the two hour coach journey from the airport. In hindsight (when they heard there was only one stop in Hanioti from the airport) they wished they had got the coach and hadnt bothered as the car was parked up all week The only other time they used it was to take another holidaymaker up into Palouri for some nappies as the local store had run out. The free courtesy bus is great I believe. We didnt use it cos our children would not leave the complex cos they were frightened of missing something! but Di did and will let you know all about the bus.

Im not sure of prices of hiring a car but I think you may be able to hire them from reception but not 100% sure.

Dont hesitate to ask any more questions

Gill
di james
August 13, 2006 09:27PM
Julie, yes it does get chilly at night or it did when we were there, i made the mistake of taking no cardigans or jumpers, but did need one.Didnt hire a car but did notice there were advertisements on the reception desk, cant remember how much it was but can remember thinking it was pretty reasonable. Isuppose it would be cheaper still if you do it independently.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login