Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
July 07, 2006 09:07PM
yes ours are 14 and12 we go from man 7.30 on thurs
jan
July 08, 2006 03:11PM
We also fly from manchester at 7.30 am with 2 girls aged 16. we will be in our pne football shirts
BO
July 08, 2006 06:11PM
Hello everyone,

Just got back from Chrousso village, got to say we were very disappointed.

On arrival we were checked in to a room that can only be described as a converted basement with no windows, through 1st C we had booked a studio that according to the brochure had a sofabed and bed for child under 12, unfortunately the room was only a double room with a very small old camp bed pushed up against the terrace doors. We got absolutely nowhere complaining 1st c really weren't much help at all. If you are travelling with 1st C unfortunately the brochure is not an accurate description of accommodate, they only describe two room types and there are actually five room types, some of these are lower spec that what are detailed in the brochure.

The complex it's self is very pretty set around well maintained gardens, however, this also attracts the bugs, flies, mostiquos and wasps swarm in large numbers around the complex, we saw several wasps nests around the place. During our stay we saw a large number of wasps crawling around the outside pepsi drink station, following a guest having a very audible argument with the hotel over this they finally closed it. Wasp's are everywhere, put a drink down and they are crawling in it, swim in the pool and they are floating around next to you. On a positive note the staff worked very hard to keep the place clean to minimise the impact of the wasps.

The food is ok but definately wasn't to our liking and got a bit boring towards the end of the holiday, some families had pizza delivered from the local town!! Our child ended up eating chips twice a day because even though this is a 1st C family resort the childrens buffet was very poor.

The complex is in a remote area, the minibus is essential to get around but is very sought after, if you wish to use book immediately on arrival, it only travels three times a day and gets full quickly. Hanioti is one of the local towns with lots to do, its also worth a walk in to Paliouri although it is at least 40 minutes walk - its a traditional greek town with very little tourism.

Beach - this is one of the best beaches I have seen, its a good 15 minutes walk through woods, as you approach a junction in the woods the beach is signposted to the left and right, its better if you go right, the beach is really nice and the sunbeds are free as long as you buy a drink from the beach bar at the start of the day, the drinks are really expensive but they are happy if you purchase water at 1 euro.

1st C's trips are really expensive and they push them quite hard at the welcome meetings, save your money, pop in to Hanioti and book them through the local greek tour operators - they are alot cheaper.

sandra
July 09, 2006 02:01AM
We are going in aug too
and we have a 13 yr old daughter who might be good company for yours
going from birmingham
Terrie
July 10, 2006 03:07PM
just looked at the weather on bbc and it doesnt look too good... most days forecast showers. Has anyone just come back n if so what was the weather like??
July 10, 2006 03:30PM
We have just come back, my report is on the other thread about chrousso, and is very different to Bo's

Must admit weather did surprise me a little, lots of storms at night, and one very cold rainy day, quite alot of clouds for late june early july, although saying that some days it reached mid 40's.. Suppose Global Warming to blame
July 10, 2006 03:33PM
Just to add it only took us 5 mins to walk to beach and that was in the heat of the midday sun,
Gill
July 13, 2006 05:42PM
Hi everyone
Just got back glowing report to follow

Gill
leza
July 13, 2006 06:52PM
good to hear it gill, by the way your 2 weeks has flown!
di james
July 13, 2006 10:05PM
Just got back, had a wonderful time, place is lovely, have left a long report on new thread for chrousso, but if anyone wants to ask anything fire away. Thanks fiona for the books three of which i read snd took the others home, i read little prisoner in one day, not a great holiday book fi, but i soon forgot its contents when i had a few gins down me.Hope your ok gill, thanks again for your company, and to charlotte for getting jenny to leave our sides for a few hours a daY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
July 14, 2006 09:44AM
I meant to warn u about that book di sorry!!!

Glad u had a good 2nd week, nice that jenny made a friend too..

Feels like i been back far longer than a week now sad smiley

di james
July 14, 2006 01:00PM
I know fiona, i feel like i have never been away. just cleaning up a fortnights worth of dust and the like.
Inez
July 14, 2006 05:01PM
Hi everyone!!
Myself and my husband and three children are going to Chrousso Village on the 17th August to the 31st August.
I am now getting worried after reading reviews on basement apartments!!
Can anyone put my mind at rest please?
We are going all inclusive, how much spending money shall I take?
Inez
di james
July 14, 2006 09:58PM
Inez, dont worry its fine. We did hear a lot of peoplemoaning about stupid things, go with an open mind and remember you are in greece. I think some people just like moaning and telling everyone else what there last holiday was like and how much better it was.Your holiday is what you make of it.We got to know people who were in the basement rooms and were quite happy with them.Its difficult to advise how much money to take, because it depends on what you are going to do. We did not spend too much, but we didnt go on any of the organised trips.We went out for a couple of meals, and the rest was just spent on bits for the kids and presents.
Gary
July 14, 2006 10:03PM
Hi Inez,
We're going from manchester on 17th aug for 2 weeks, how old are your kids
Inez
July 15, 2006 04:20PM
Hi Di
Thanks for putting my mind at rest. Looking forward to it .
Kind regards
Inez
Inez
July 15, 2006 04:21PM
Hello Gary
Our three children are: Rhys 10 (He will be 11 on 25th August therefore will have his birthday out there!!) Megan is 9 and Rhiannon is 8.
Inez
caroline
August 01, 2006 09:44PM
Hi Inez

Myself, my husband and 2 children (Sophie 8 and Holly 3) are going to chrousso Village 17 to 31 August from Manchester. We went last year and had a fabulous time hence the reason for returning again this year - can't wait! Hope to see you there!

Caroline
di james
August 02, 2006 03:39AM
caroline, its lovely to hear someone saying they enjoyed chrousso so much they are returning this year, have a lovely time.
leza
August 02, 2006 08:44PM
i'll second that di
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login