Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
papa dogg
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
September 02, 2006 09:42AM
Just got back and had a great time at Chrousso Village. We were evacuated to the beach as a precaution but the fire never really got close, though the falling ash was an experience.

Not sure if the ash was to blame but 4 of the 5 kids in our group got an ear infection apparently from the pool - the doctor in pefkohori did a roaring trade. Did anyone else have any problems?

Wasps were a pain in the A**e (quite literally) but not bad enough to spoil our enjoyment, you soon learn the best places to avoid them and to get to the restraunt early so you can sit inside.

The entertainment was great fun (Though not exactly professional) - the Fire eating Fakir is a must see! Big shout out to the enteratinment team of Manfried, Yvette and Stellious the stud!. Still singing those damn annoying club songs including King Carracticus and TING TANG etc!!!!

All in all we had a great time and would highly recommend this hotel.

Julie
September 02, 2006 10:14AM
Hi,

We have just got back from Chroussu Village and, like you, found the fire an experience but never felt in any real danger. Our kids also had ear infections and the doctor advised swimming in the sea rather than the pool.

Our kids, aged 14 and 13, thoroughly enjoyed themselves and the entertainment and we have also got King Carricticus etc playing non stop at home!

The wasps were a real pain and meant you couldn't eat outside so it was sometimes a scramble for a table in the restaurant. Both the kids and myself got stung. Our mosquitto repellant wasn't very effective either and I think we were the all inclusive buffet for the gnats!

We hired a car a lot as we like to get out and about so this was a real experience straight after the fire. We had heard terrible reports of the devestation to Hanioiti but were relieved to find it mainly in one piece on the day after the fire. The ash was a problem for a couple of days but has now cleared.

We toured around the peninsular visiting Sani, Athitios, Neo Moudenia etc. We also drove ourselves to the caves and visited Sithonia which we loved. The only organised trip we did was to Mt Athos which we did last Monday the day of the torrential rain and thunderstorm so that was another amazing experience with the elements! We booked the trip in Hanioti as it was 11 euros cheaper per person than by booking with First Choice. The company picked us up at Chrousso and dropped us back at the end of the day so it wasn't a problem.

The hotel was very clean and tidy, food a bit boring but adequate. Myself and my daughter, as vegetarians, struggled as they has a habit of hiding meat or fish in dishes described as vegetable based but there was always pasta and rice and some of the salads were meat free.

All in all the kids loved it but we wouldn't go back as we did not feel enough there was enough to do and see in the area.
pete and sally
September 02, 2006 10:41AM
papa dogg you did a great nelly the elephant!!!!! Well we arrived home on thursday we had an excellant time atthe village wr met lots of truly lovely people.The complex is spread out over stunning gardens each appartment block holds around 9 rooms pleanty of space the kitchen area is much to be desired beds made and linen and towels changed most days The complex is very relaxed there are 2 pools we stayed by the large 1 each day The wasps are a problem but if you put your empty cups in the bins it isnt too bad just watch were you walk and sit as alot didnt and got stung including my son on the bottom twice !
We spent around 600 euros our cheapest holiday yet. The staff are excellant The food does get a bit repettative but was great and the little guy who ran the resurant he,d have you a table in minutes .There were 3 first choice reps 2 being the kids club reps leonni and sam they were absolute stars with the children and dan if you needed anything at reception most days hes so laid back hes horizontal.Then theres 3 reps yvette manfred and stelios watch stelios we named him stallion bit of a loud boy they played water polo and darts each day .The mini bus is good to the 2 main towns but you do need to book these in advance to save dissapointment .We were there the night of the fire and panic did set in we were told to go to the beaches which we did the british were very calm we managed to get onto a fishing trawler and taken to thesolaniki and braught back the next day by bus we did see the extent of the damage but there is a clean up opperation as we speak going on and i want to reasur everyone dont let this spoil your holiday we certanly didnt and we had a fab time .
sofee
September 02, 2006 10:47AM
we have just got bk frm chrusso village n it was the bst hol ever the entertainment was fantastic and so are manfred, stellious and evite propa miss um all loads the onli thing tht was bad tht happened was the fire nd we all had 2 sleep on the beach and the wasps are a pain but tht dint stop us avin fun. they are very friendly ppl. there was 10 of us tht went and we met up wiv other familys there so by the end ov the hol there was abt 27 ov us all us kids made friends wiv all the other kids who was our age we got on wiv manfred, stellious n evite very well n i was cryin cos i dint wanna leave manfred lol cnt wait 2 go bk again n c manfred so if u wanna go on hol i wud defentitly go there
Tracy and Gary, Dennis and Daphne
September 02, 2006 03:35PM
Got back from Chrousso on Thurs and we had fab time. The food was good, the weather was good and the staff we're really friendly.
We got evacuated because of the fire but that ended up being a minor inconvenience in what was otherwise a great hol.
The minibus was really good from the hotel to go to local villages.
The beach was really nice, pedalos 10 euro for an hour which was excellent value.
No fighting for the sunbeds, always got one even later on in the day
Although there wasn't much for the older kids to do they all joined up together and mated round so it worked really well. they had a great time.
The entertainment was ok, lots of audience participation. Was a laugh.
I emailed the hotel before we went and we got our request for rooms together so worth doing if u are going in more than one apartment.
Wasps were a prob but u got used to them, mozzies were to but again just got used to them. I tried different repellents but didn't seem to work.
Rooms were really spacious and clean.
Hi to Tracey, Inez, Derek, Peter the lilo man, Sally, Jo,Kim and all the kids!!!!
Feel free to ask any questions and I'll try to answer.
papa dogg
September 02, 2006 08:03PM
Hi Pete and Sally - thanks for the fan mail! X-factor auditions here I come!
di james
September 08, 2006 08:59PM
So glad you all enjoyed it!!!! We were there in june and loved it too!!!!
XxXclaire
September 10, 2006 10:13AM
i stayed here last week it woz excelent me and me sistas made lots of m8s its gr8 for all ages. the food woz reali nice but not much of a selection. if you r thinkin of goin in 2 town, the free bus stops at 2 places the best place is the 2nd stop hanioti its got lots of shops and the night life therre is gr8. the beach is a nice walk from the hotel and only takes about 5 - 10 mins. paliouri woz untouched by the fires. the pool woz nice and clean. the only bad point is the wasps and bees which i gt used 2 after a while. over all is a gr8 relaxin holiday!!!!
May 07, 2007 08:24AM
hi does any one know anything about the pirate ship trip is it for children and adults? or just adults?
our son will be three while we are there this may and would like to go on this for his birthday
any help would be great
May 21, 2007 02:30PM
HI. WE ARE A FAMILY OF 4 (WITH 2 BOYS), GOING TO CHROUSSO ON JUNE 7TH. IS THERE ANYBODY ELSE OUT THERE GOING AT THE SAME TIME? THANKS.JO AND SHAUN.(P.S IF ANYBODY ELSE READING THIS HAS ALREADY BEEN, I WOULD LOVE TO KNOW ABOUT AVAILABLE EXCURSIONS, AND THE SUNBED POLICY ON THE BEACH!)
May 24, 2007 05:35PM
hi, we are going on the 14th june, party of 9 including 2 girls of 21 and 3 boys aged 17,14 and 10. ru there 4 2weeks?
May 24, 2007 05:36PM
hi, my names kurt and i am 10years old. i fly out on the 14th june for 1 week,will u stil be there
May 24, 2007 05:43PM
hi, we are a party of 9 flying on the 14th june for 1 week. We have 4 boys aged 17, 14, 10 and 7months and two 21year old girls. is any1 else going around the same time?x
May 24, 2007 05:58PM
yep
May 27, 2007 05:55PM
hi Kurt.my name is Luke and I am 7 on Wednesday.Hi, I am Corey, I am 9 (10 in July).Where are you from?We're from Doncaster. We are going for 2 weeks, so will still be there when you come.
May 27, 2007 05:57PM
Hi. Yes we are going for 2 weeks.Do you know anything about the place?
May 30, 2007 07:29AM
hi to you all this is kurt and looking forward to going on holiday. hopefully we will see you there. Mum doesnt know nothing about the place just the reviews on the site and brouchure. Hope it is nice. bye for now kurt.
May 31, 2007 05:59PM
hi we just got back had a great time but there are lots of insects get plenty of spray!!!!
the pirate ship was a great day out walk the plank if you dare,great for familys it was 45 euro per adult and 22 per child under 3s free.
thats all we did and went to the towns near bye.
make sure if you love cakes you visit the bakery in pefloki ? i think it was called, its the nearest town and there is a mini bus for free to go,but book it a couple of days before it gets booked quickly
the bouncy castle is brill for kids and park next to the bar also good to keep kids happy,
however there wasnt anything at night to do but drink for adults.but good for kids there is 2 parks near the bar and the bouncy area has a great slide would be great for 3-10 year olds
and there is mini disco at 8 for engish then a german one at 8.30pm also good fun silly dances like superman, agadoo,cha cha slide
July 13, 2007 05:46AM
Going to Chrousso on 26th July 2007 with my two boys 10 and 6, is there anyone going out there at the same time? Also, if anyone has gone there recently, can you give me any information.
July 23, 2007 11:18AM
HI. WE WENT TO CHROSSO IN JUNE WITH 2 BOYS EXACTLY THE SAME AGE AS YOURS! IT WAS THE BEST HOLIDAY WE HAVE EVER HAD. THE ONLY THING TO SPOIL IT WAS THE MOZZIES. IF YOU TAKE AUTAN WITH YOU FOR THE ADULTS AND GIVE THE KIDS ZIRTEK MEDICINE TWICE A DAY, THEY ARE THE ONLY THINGS THAT STOP THE BITES.WE RAN OUT HALF WAY THROUGH, AND EVERYTHING ELSE AVAILABLE IN THE HOTEL SHOP DOESN'T WORK! THE KIDS CLUB WAS SUPPOSED TO BE FOR UNDER 8'S, BUT BECAUSE IT WAS QUIET, THEY LET MY ELDEST SON JOIN IN,THEY LOVED EVERY MINUTE!! THE PIRATE SHIP TRIP IS EXCELLENT, BUT AVOID THE CAVE/MARKET TRIP. THE ENTERTAINMENT FOR ADULTS AT NIGHT IS VERY POOR, BUT IF YOU MEET OTHER FAMILIES, AS WE DID, YOU'LL MAKE YOU'RE OWN ENTERTAINMENT. IF YOU GO TO THE BEACH, GO THROUGH THE WOODS, AS THE SUNBEDS YOU WILL COME TO ARE FREE, THE ONES NEAR THE BAR ARE NOT. HAVE A GREAT TIME!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login