Posted by Gill 
Lyn
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
June 30, 2005 10:23AM
Sounds great!!
Louise, Paul, Alex & Ollie
July 02, 2005 10:27AM
We returned from Chrousso this week after spending seven days there. Next time we will book two weeks! We all had a great time and came home with nice tans. Both the kids went to the kids club and the play parks were well used by them. Found the openeing times of the bouncy castle a little strange though as it tended to be open when the kids club was on and trying to explain to a three year old that a blown up bouncy castle is shut can be quite a task - several times a day.
The beach was glorious best time to go is late afternoon as you just burn in he day, the pirate ships come in late in the day and the kids loved watching them. We did do the pirate cruise which was slightly over-priced for what you got and apart from the kids having their faces painted as pirates - (my kids don't do face paints - suncream is a struggle) the one thing that was missing was pirates! The sights made up for it though and walking the plank and swimming to shore was great fun. (There is a small boat for people not wanting to jump). You need to take money with you as you get lunch with one drink but you have to buy the rest which can get quite expensive.
The food at Chrousso was nice, there was lots to choose from, both my kids are fussy eaters but there was always something they would eat, they even tried a few new things which is good. The restaurant is big with seating inside and out but try and eat inside as there were hundreds of wasps outside. We did eat out in Pefkahori one night in a restaurant on the seafront, we had fish and it was delicious. We also tried a gyros (our doner kebab) in Hanioti square - a totally different taste to ours and a definate improvement.
All in all it was one of the best holidays we have had and we will return in the future for longer.
Karen
July 03, 2005 06:35PM
Am just a bit concerned about the 'hundreds of wasps outside'...really?? Are we talking a few of the menaces or swarms of them and were they round the pool area aswell? Mozzies are a nuisance but wasps!!!
Kevin Litherland
July 04, 2005 10:52AM
We're assuming that there are tea & coffee making facilities in apartments - is this right? Getting really excited now with just over 5 weeks to go!
michelle
July 04, 2005 07:33PM
hi
we are thinking of going to chrousso vilage june 2006,
we are going with friends we have children aged between 11 and14 does anyone know if chrousso has anything to offer children of these ages
Lyn
July 06, 2005 04:04PM
I know it's all inclusive but obviously will still take money with us . How much would people recommend for a family of 4 for a fortnight?
sarah
July 18, 2005 10:04PM
Hello,

Theres 9 of us going on 4th till 18th august. 6 adults and 3 children aged 10, 8 and 6. Worried about no air con at night and my children are very fussy eaters. I'm sure i'm worrying over nothing. See you there.
shellie
July 24, 2005 05:05PM
Hi my oh and kids (9+11) are flying out on july 28th from manchester if anyone with similar age kids will be there would be reat to meet up.Im dead excited having read all the reviews !
Shellie
sharon
July 26, 2005 09:57PM
can any one tell us about the weather in august,and has any one been there before, whats the place like
Dawn
July 29, 2005 06:35PM
Hi there

My husband, myself and three children (11) (8) (4)are going to village chrousso on the 4 August all inclusive for a fortnight. It states in the brochure that pay bar operates from 11.oopm - 1.00pm. It may sound a silly question, but does this mean that you now have to pay for drinks between these times - just concerned as we have booked all inclusive.
Dawn
July 29, 2005 07:14PM
Hi there

Just seen you fly out on the 11th August. By then myself, hubby. kiddies (11) (8) (5) would have been there 6 days. Just thought as you would be new to the hotel, by then we could give you some helpful tips(hopefully) - I know there is nothing worse than arriving at a hotel and everybody knowing that you are new and just arrived and not knowing anybody or how anything really works - just an idea - see you all soon at the hotel - if we don't manage to meet - hope all your family have a great time - D
Richard
July 31, 2005 06:52PM
Hi Everyone
6 of us (Adults & 2 children Ages 6 & 5) are going to the Chrousso Village on the 18th August for 2 weeks !!! Can't Wait....
I have read all of the reviews and it sounds very relaxing.
We are hiring a people carrier for 4 days and just wondered where the best places were to visit ?
Anyone been to the waterpark ? If so what's it like ?
The kids will eat most things but one of the adults is a bit of a fussy eater (me actually !) Is there any plain stuff to eat aswell as the Greek ?
If you are out there between the 18th Aug & 1st Sept I'll buy you a drink or 2.....(Shhhh don't tell them we are All Inclusive).
Any other tips / advice not mentioned above would be great...
Cheers
Richard
P.S. Is it really 2hrs 20 mins transfer ?????
sarah
August 01, 2005 07:13AM
Hello,
9 of us go on 4th august too..I have someone emailing me who came back from chrousso a couple of weeks ago who has said that the kids food was awful and that the snack bar was left overs from breakfast and lunch.
I have fussy kids and most adults that are going are the same. She said the drinks are till midnight but i've read the same where it says 11pm till 1am there is a pay bar so i dont know. Alot of all inclusive hotels serve food till midnight but chrousso village does not! Time restrictions are for snacks and she said you have to pay for slushes and some milkshakes for the kids. Ice cream is serve yourself apparantley. Watch out for wasps too.
I'm sure all in all it will be fine but if your anyone like me i do want things to be just right especially when we have kids. By the way we fly from m
manchester on thursday morning. See you there...Sarah
sarah
August 01, 2005 07:15AM
Hello,
9 of us go on 4th august too..I have someone emailing me who came back from chrousso a couple of weeks ago who has said that the kids food was awful and that the snack bar was left overs from breakfast and lunch.
I have fussy kids and most adults that are going are the same. She said the drinks are till midnight but i've read the same where it says 11pm till 1am there is a pay bar so i dont know. Alot of all inclusive hotels serve food till midnight but chrousso village does not! Time restrictions are for snacks and she said you have to pay for slushes and some milkshakes for the kids. Ice cream is serve yourself apparantley. Watch out for wasps too.
I'm sure all in all it will be fine but if your anyone like me i do want things to be just right especially when we have kids. By the way we fly from m
manchester on thursday morning. See you there...Sarah
shellie roberts
August 11, 2005 04:54PM
we have just returned from two weeks at chorusso, and have no complaints, other than mosquitos, my kids who are fussy eaters ate well, my fiance also a fussy eater was well happy and all in all we had an amazing tinme, snack bar wasnt left overs, yes u had to pay for slushies but my kids were made up with pepsi, lemonade and ecven soda water,I would be back on the nexty olane were it not for the chinese laundry of washing we have here!!!!!
to all that were there from july 28th-11th august have one thing to say.......snee snou schnappi!!!!!!
chorusso rocks
:O)
Lyn
August 11, 2005 09:24PM
Glad to hear you had a good time. We're not going 'til next June and can't wait to get there! Is the beach as lovely as it sounds?
june and othersh
August 12, 2005 05:56AM
sorry but it was left overs and barely warm,i have been to lots of holidays and this was the worst for the food ,main dinners for adults were fine and breakfast was fine,there was not enough variation.
kids were limited and not good enough for me
the beach was great just a bit of a walk (take a drink)
trips were fine as well,pirate ship was great
the clenliness was superb
A. Palmer
August 31, 2005 07:31AM
Can anyone say if the pool is fresh water or saltwater please?
K. Litherland
August 31, 2005 07:41AM
Both pools are fresh water.
A. Palmer
August 31, 2005 01:37PM
Thanks.
Can anyone advise on rooms? Which are the best, and any ones to avoid if poss. thanks.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login