Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Karen
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
June 21, 2005 09:30AM
Hi Lyn,

You can get alot of information about Chrousso if you go into 'Holiday Truth' and 'Trip Advisor'. After reading other holidaymaker's comments regarding rooms i got onto First Choice and made a few special requests,although not guaranteed. Apparantly the best rooms to request are the 1 bedroom apartments with pool views as most have air-conditioning and mozzie screens which is a must if you are travelling in high season. The operator i spoke to at First Choice spoke highly of Chrousso and said his parents have gone back year after year as it really is beautiful..cant wait to go!!!

Karen.
Lyn
June 21, 2005 02:16PM
We had originally booked a studio but really wanted a separate area to sleep in from the kids. With a one bedroom, does this mean that the kids sleep in the lounge area? Don't want it too cramped. Have read lots of brilliant reviews on the place. Was planning on going to Bulgaria but was put off by some of the reviews. Most of the feed back on the chrousso village is positive and it sounds just what we've been looking for. The sleeping arrangements has been my only worry.
Matt N Sara
June 21, 2005 03:41PM
when are you going??
a 1 bed place will mean sofa beds but are usually really comfy
Lyn
June 21, 2005 04:51PM
Not 'til June 2006. I feel really silly worrying about all this now but I've booked early and just want to make sure that I have booked the right thing. I think it will be me and my husband in the bedroom and the kids on sofa beds in the lounge whereas a studio is all in one room.
Yury
June 21, 2005 04:58PM
Hello from Russia

I read all posts and think that Chrousso Village is good place.
I, my wife and daughter (18) go to this hotel at 10 july.
We booked two rooms studio.
What is about sport in this hotel? (I am interesting of voleyball, tennis and windsurfing).
Sara,Paul,Luke and Jess
June 24, 2005 11:14PM
We returned from Chrousso Village this week, and i have to say we had the best holiday, we met some lovely people, the hotel itself was extremely clean, the food was good, the apartment we had was a good size with a lovely big balcony that overlooked the gardens and pool. We did'nt have air conditioning, but we did request two fans, which you can do on arrival they were delivered to our room and were pedestal fans and were invaluable, it was very hot and high factor creams were needed, we got through 4 x spf30, 2 x spf15 and two bottles of aftersun, it is quite expensive to buy in the hotel shop, but you can pick it up in pefkahori or hanioti if needed.

The beach is fab and the walk down is fine, the beach is clean and the waters are clear and turquoise, just as they described it. It does get busy on the weekends, as the locals go there.

As for the children, they were in tears leaving the hotel, not wanting to leave! they went to the kids club, which was great, Sam and Jen had them doing all sorts of things! Water fights, crafts, games etc. The play areas are excellent, and close to the bar and amphitheatre.

To sum it up...... Beautiful hotel, lovely area, good and safe for kids, value for money and most importantly RELAXING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. Martin, Michelle and Connor it was lovely meeting you, hopefully we will meet up again one day
Lyn
June 25, 2005 04:28PM
So glad to hear you had a great time. We are going this time next year so I found your message really helpful as I now know what to expect reguarding the weather. We also have two boys who will be 10 and 4 when we go. Sounds like there are plenty of activities to occupy them. How old are your children? I am so looking forward to going. Did you have a studio room or a one bed room? and how much was it to hire the fans?
jane
June 25, 2005 07:02PM
just in reply im going on 11th august for 2weeks with my friend and our 2 children. hope to c u there feel free to get in contact.
Matt , Sara and ethan
June 25, 2005 08:39PM
Hi,
I know the fans are available but am not sure about cost
we have bought some to take with us from homebase they are 5.99 and are easily clipped on to any side.That way we will have them to use everywhere and would probably cost the same to hire for 2 weeks
we are going on the 30th and cant wait!!!
sara,matt and ethan

ANY ONE ELSE GOING THE SAME TIME???
Kevin Litherland
June 26, 2005 07:22PM
Can anyone who has been this year tell me if there is a dress code for the restaurant in evenings (no shorts, shirts with collars, or anything like that)? Just don't want to get there and find we should have taken different clothing!!!
sharon
June 26, 2005 08:18PM
We have just returned having spent 2 weeks there and had a fantastic time .
There is no dress code its very relaxed and shorts and t shorts are acceptable
The fans are free but request them on arrival as i assume its first come first served
Take snorkels as the sea is lovely and clear . and the watersports are very reasonable
9 euro bannana 10 euro pedelos for 1 hr etc
There is no water in the room on arrival they do say that you can drink the tap water there at the hotel but we didnt ,you can buy bottled water cheaply in the shop but if you are arriving late at night i suggest that you take a bottle with you.
For anyone who smokes the cigs were only 2euro 80 at the hotel shop
28 euros for 200 and the price is the same all over the island so you may as well purchase them at the hotel shop and if they dont have your brand ask and they will order the in .
Tobacco golden virginia 59 euros for 10x50g again from hotel shop .

Pefkori is definately worth a visit lots of shops and resturants right on the beach and the beach is very nice (not as nice as at chrousso) although if you fancy a change its worth it .

Hanioti is also nice to wander around with shops and resturants and the hotel offer a free shuttle bus in the morning and evening although you need to book up the evening one at least the day before as it is popular but if its full its only 8 euros each way in a taxi which can be ordered from reception.
anyway i am sure you will have a lovely time ,if you have any other questions please feel free to ask
sharon
nancy
June 26, 2005 08:48PM
Hi,

Yes, we are going at the same time too. Myself and my 2 sons aged 8 and 13. Reading all the mails it sounds like we've made a good choice. Countdown begins now, roll on the 30th....:-)
Lyn
June 26, 2005 11:44PM
Sounds great doesn't it? I (unfortunately) have a whole year to wait 'til I get to visit this tiny piece of heaven for myself. Love reading everyone elses experiences of the place though.
Yury
June 27, 2005 08:59AM
Is there safe box in room or in reception?
How much it costs?
Lyn
June 27, 2005 10:25AM
What is the beach like? Tried finding photos of it but have had no luck. Is it a sandy beach, how big is it? and does it get very crowded? Have heard that the locals use it at weekends so it must be ok! Also can you buy beach toys out there (buckets, spades etc...) or is it best to bring our own.
Nancy
June 27, 2005 10:31AM

Hi Sharon,

Glad you had a great time, now really looking forward to my holiday there. Was wondering if you know of there are ATM facilities there or not., or if you are better with the travellers cheques.

thanks

Nancy
Karen
June 27, 2005 02:42PM
Just wondering what age the kids club/activities are aimed for? I have a 7 + 10 year old who enjoy participating as long as there are children their own age. Also i hear they have a bouncy castle there and again would like to know if there are height restrictions etc. Thanks.
Sara,Paul,Luke and Jess
June 29, 2005 11:19PM
Hi there, the beach is white sand, and you can buy buckets and spades etc in the hotel shop also fishing nets, hats, postcards, snacks, cans of beer if you wish and books, although these are expensive at 13 euros each, and also they do a few souveniers, also in answer to one of the other messages, the kids club this year ran only until 8 years old, but the mini disco etc is for all, there were loads of kids of all ages though and my children ( 7 & 8) made so many friends in the pool and the parks. all i can say is for those of you that are going.......I wish i could come back with you, we've come home so relaxed and chilled out!!!! We stayed in a one bedroom apartment and we had plenty of room for the four of us. we were over looking the pool and gardens, it almost felt a bit caribbean. The greek night on sundays is good and the bbq outside is a nice change, the waitresses and waiters work they're socks off and are always polite as is the restaurant manager, the only thing they ask is that you don't go waltzing in in your swimmy's ......I saw one girl get asked to leave to change as she came in wearing her bikini, and guys i would wear a t shirt in for meals, other than that its pretty relaxed, i see its going to be 41 degrees out there this weekend so looks like its hotting up, we all came home with lovely tans, but do be careful down at the beach as its so easy to burn, Have fab time everyone.
Sara,Paul,Luke and Jess
June 29, 2005 11:24PM
Hello Nancy,
I did'nt see any ATM facilities, thats not to say that there was'nt mind you, ther is a safe in your room, which you pay for on arrival and they give you the key, travellers cheques and cash would be fine.
Sara,Paul,Luke and Jess
June 29, 2005 11:28PM
Hi Karen,
I forgot to mention this before, the parks and bouncy castle have no height restrictions, the bouncy castle is huge and is shaped like a big fairground, it is open between 10-12 and 4-6pm and they also turn water on at times to make it more fun!! the kids love it!! there is seating around it, so you get a drink from the bar and just sit and watch your kids.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login