Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
sharon
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
May 04, 2005 07:18PM
Hi Sara,
I will be out there from the 9-23 June with my husband and 7 year old daughter .It sounds great and look forward to meeting up at the bar .
Sharon
sharon
May 04, 2005 07:19PM
Hi Sara,
I will be out there from the 9-23 June with my husband and 7 year old daughter .It sounds great and look forward to meeting up at the bar .
Sharon
Louise
May 08, 2005 07:39PM
I am going as a party of 10 to the chrousso village on the 19.05.05. Has anyone been this year and is it still as good as the other reviews i have read. We are going all inclusive and would like to know if the food and facilities are good for kids.

Louise
Matt N Sara
May 12, 2005 05:00PM
Hi
Is anybody going to Chrousso Village on 30th June 05 we've just booked and cant wait

Wondered if anyone else was going at the same time?

Matt n Sara
Rachel, Ian & 2 loopy kids!!!
May 18, 2005 05:33PM
Hi,

Were going here on 23rd June-7th July. It's a last minute booking as the holiday we had booked has had some facilities taken away. But I must say from what I've read so far I can't wait!!! :-)

Hope to see you there!!!!

Rachel, Ian & 2 loopy kids!!!
Pat Subbayya
May 20, 2005 05:18AM
Hi...You are going the end of June. My family is coming July 4th, 2005 for two weeks. It's been interesting reading all of this info. My son and family who live in Sweden found this place for us. My daughter and children and I are coming from Washington DC....meeting up in Sweden for a few days before going down to Greece. He got great reviews from Swedish friends.
Hope Yanks are welcome there!!! I am sure we will be a great minority.
It really sounds great, and we are all looking forward to having these weeks together since we don't meet up very often. There are 3 teens, and 1 pre-teen, so I hope they can find enough to keep them busy and happy.
Does any one out there know whether it's possible to fly to Athens for a day. Last year from Cyprus, I flew to Cairo for one very long day, and it was so exciting, and fun. Lounging at a pool or beach is wonderful, but we thought a little sight seeing would be good too.
Want everyone to know that we are one of many American families VERY MUCH a NON Bush supporter!!!!!
Martin
May 27, 2005 08:09PM
Hi all, This is a first, to talk to people you are going to meet on holiday before you go. I am going to chrousso village with my wife Michelle and son Connor 4. on the 9th of june from Gatwick for 2 weeks. It sounds fabulous and we are all looking forward to it. If you are going at the same time send me an Email. Mwatling2@aol.com. Maybe we can all wear something distinctive at the air port and make our selves known ? PS anybody know a web site to check the weather their.

Thanks Martin
Krzysiek
May 29, 2005 05:32PM
Hi everybody,
we are going to chrousso village on 15th June and I have only one (maybe stupid) question. Is there an air conditioner in the rooms? Thanks for the answer!
Karen
June 04, 2005 07:49AM
Hi Lisa,
We fly out on the 16th June, myself and husband and our 23 mth yr old daughter.. cant wait..... not long now...

see you there at the bar for a few bevvies.
bye

karen
Louise
June 05, 2005 12:54PM
Just returned from the Chrousso Village and the rooms we had did not have air conditioning. It is a great place although a bit isolated.
Matt , Sara and ethanb
June 05, 2005 09:13PM
Hi,
Can you tell me what the food was like as i have been told its very limited especialy for the kids and would you happen to know how much the trips are as we want to go on them but are worried about the prices and value for money

many thanks
sara
Jurek
June 06, 2005 08:32PM
WE (My wife, my son (5) anI are also doing on that same period. See you there
Louise
June 07, 2005 06:54PM
Hi Sara
The food is a bit limited if you have fussy kids like one of ours but each lunch and dinner time their will either be fish fingers, pizza or chicken nuggetts and chips.
Breakfast consists of ham, cheese, yoghurt, croissants, peaches or pears, eggs, sausage, beans. For lunch and dinner their is always a good selection of salad, pasta's, normally 2 different meats and a fish dish with vegtables. On Sundays their is a BBQ.
I thought the quality of food was good although the snacks are not up to much and i did hear a few people complain.
With regard to the trips the hotel does not offer any and you have to book through your rep. We did not go on any of the trips although the pirate ship one which takes you out with a chance to swim in the sea and a BBQ on the beach is suppose to be good and it was 40 euros for adults and 20 euros for kids. There is also a trip to the water park which is about 1hr30 mins away but i am not sure how much this one was as it only started a couple of days before we left.
The hotel offers a free mini bus to Pefkorari (10 mins drive) and Hanoti(15mins drive) which you book at reception or you can take a taxi for 8 euros as their are no shops or restraunts close to the hotel.
We thought this place was great and the kids really enjoyed it. The beach is about 8 minute walk away but is worth it.
Hope this is helpful and i'm sure you'll have a great time.
Louise
Matt , Sara and ethan
June 08, 2005 06:57AM
Hi,Louise
thankyou very much for the info it was very helpfull,i am glad for all the advise and pleased that it seems quite easy to get to other places as was getting worried we would be totaly isolated but it all seems fine, a little worried about the kids food as mine is fussy and he wont like that every day for 2 weeks ,and the trips dont seem overpriced so far!!
many thanks again it was really appreciated
regards
sara
Karen
June 09, 2005 04:26PM
Hi,

Anyone going or has been to Chrousso in August? We have booked 2 weeks here on the 25/8 and was just wondering how busy it might be and how hot it might get. I've been to Greece several times but never in August hope we havn't made a mistake though we are looking forward to staying here as the reports seem good.

Karen.
gail
June 15, 2005 09:14AM
hi we were at chrousso village last week and it really is a beautiful place! on the whole we thought the food was very good, a good choice of different meals at lunch and dinner, deserts and snacks were limited though, i have 3 boys aged 7, 5 and 3 and they never complained about the food, my 5 year old tried everything including all the fish dishes but my other 2 stuck to fish fingers, pizza, chips, rice, cucumber and pasta! but they got by ok,they did have boiled eggs for brekkie and my boys loved the croissants with choc sauce!there is no toaster though. going to another country i didnt expect unlimited english kids food.they loved helping themselves to the unlimited ice cream scoops!
it really is a great place for young children though, 2 playgrounds in sand, 2 pools, big bouncy castle, and loads of other little boys to race around with all day and evening! we went on the pirate trip and enjoyed it it was quite expensive but it was all day and you got lunch although if the kids are fussy eaters may not like the sausages on board, no choice of lunch!
gail
Kevin Litherland
June 19, 2005 07:44AM
Anybody going to Chrousso Village 11-25 August? My wife and I, son (6) and daughter (11) all fly out from Birmingham (UK) on these dates. Not been before but really looking forward to it.
Karen
June 20, 2005 05:05PM
Anyone who wants up-to-date reports re;Chrousso check out Trip Advisor as recent reviews seem good.
louise, paul, & 2 boys (8&3)
June 20, 2005 06:06PM
We are flying out from Gatwick to Chrousso Village on Thursday 23rd June. My good friend lives in Pefkahori and helped us choose this hotel as she says it has the best facilities for kids and the beach is fantastic. Apparently you get a greek night included on a Monday which is meant to be great.
So if any one else is going on the same day - look forward to seeing you.
Lyn
June 21, 2005 07:54AM
After reading all these reviews, my husband and I have booked to go in June 2006. I know that it's a long time to wait but I wanted to book it now as it sounds great. We have upgraded our booking from a studio room to a one bedroom and I wondered if anyone else had done this and could tell me what the major differences are and what it's like etc... There will be me, my husband and two boys aged 10 and 4. It looks a fantastic, relaxing place and I can't wait but I guess I'm going to have to. So jealous of all you lucky lot going this year. Hope you all have a great time!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login