Aristidis and Kanelis Studios

Aristidis and Kanelis Studios

Posted by chris 
Chris
Re: Aristidis and Kanelis Studios
July 16, 2004 08:21AM
Yeah, you can't beat Metaxa especially if its free! Being a complete nervous wreck when I'm on a plane the metaxa comes in particularly handy on the way back!!!
Bev Adams
July 16, 2004 02:08PM
I didn't like the Metaxa at first, but as you say it's free - so I soon developed a taste for it! 4 weeeks on Monday getting really excited now! see you all there.
Jo
July 19, 2004 02:32PM
Hi Cris, Cathy & Bev,
You'll all be please to know that Dan went and got the new United kit on Saturday with 'Ronaldo' on the back.

I don't like Metaxa either - but it does taste slightly better out there than it does over here, and anyway Karen is more interested in the Zambucca !!!
Karen
July 20, 2004 08:01AM
Hi, Cathy Bev and Chris,

With regard to Jo's comment about me and Sambuka.........dont forget to ask Jo in August, about the only person that was sick at Dans birthday party last year (average age 14 1/2)! i will say no more.........
Chris
July 20, 2004 08:24AM
I'm hoping somewhere does some good full english breakfasts as thats the only thing that can get me going again after a heavy session on the metaxa's. Was plied with the stuff at Oscars in Kefalonia last year and woke up several mornings not knowing what planet i was on until i had a fry up! My fiance caz loves flaming zambuca's so you will be in good company!
Karen
July 20, 2004 08:48AM
Gica, our very good friend (cook lady at the Aristidis) does a fab fry up all day!
Has Caz tried Sambuka and Bailies?
Chris
July 20, 2004 09:07AM
That sounds ideal. Don't think Caz has tried Sambuka and Baileys, though she has had some strange concoctions before. We went to a Greek restaurant in Birmingham for a friends birthday and I got plastered on ouzo (an experience I will never repeat!) and Caz was drinking brain haemorrages which if memory serves was baileys with some red liquer (maybe kirsch) floating in it! When we went to Kalamaki in Zante some years back she had to drink a flaming lamborghini in one, and has also demolished a pint of tia maria and coke in one too! Basically both of our livers will be pickled by the time we get back!
Jo
July 21, 2004 07:46AM
Chris,
just ask the guy's at the Bar, and the guys at Jimmys what name Karen is also known by - they will confirm that she is also called Forumla 1 - after a night of Breezers and too many Sambuke and Bailies to count!!!
Bev Adams
July 22, 2004 08:35PM
Gordon, my other half, got sadly into Retsina and Coke - I thought I could take anything but this was beyond my palate! The happy hour cocktails at jimmys went down well though! Only Three weeks to go!!!!!
Karen
July 26, 2004 07:37AM
Take no notice of any of the things Jo has said..........i consider her last comments completely slanderous.......you will soon see for your self, what a quiet, moderately drinking, introvert sort of person i really am!!!!!!!

Chris, this time in two weeks you will be starting your journey as a married couple....... and the rest of our chat club will only have a week to go!!!! oooh er........
Chris
July 26, 2004 01:06PM
Hi Karen, after a heavy night on the flaming sambuka's last night at my best man's bbq I'm not feeling altogether with it this morning, must get some practice in for the drinking to be done on hols! It's coming round fast now, pre-ordered champers on our brittania outbound flight on friday and have picked up our tickets so its all systems go now!
Jo
July 27, 2004 08:32AM
Karen's quiet, moderate drinking, introvert side of her personality will last for about the first 5 minutes - then you'll see the real Karen!!
Chris
July 27, 2004 11:13AM
Yep same here too! Though you can tell when I've had too much as my eyes start to glaze over and i become very distant. I only found out yesterday evening that the flaming sambuka went a bit wrong on Sunday as one of my friends set fire to his hand very briefly when preparing one on Sunday!!! Fortunately it didn't burn him too much!
Bev Adams
July 29, 2004 06:15PM
Just picked up the tickets and got our euro's and travellers cheques! Starting to feel very real now very excited
Karen
July 30, 2004 08:57AM
Hi everyone, I picked up our tickets on monday too, good feeling eh!

I spoke to my friend out there last night and i could hear the music from the greek night, over the phone as he stood by the pool, wont be long before, we are all there.......dont forget to get your tickets for the greek night bbq, the food is fab and with the right mix of people willing to try the dancing, its a really fab night, not to be missed!
Jo
July 31, 2004 05:32PM
hi everyone,this is Mel Jo's daughter,
i can't wait only 2 weeks on Wednesday i'm already waitin' 2 pack my stuff!
Karen's rite with the rite mix of people the
BBQ night can b a rite laugh.
by the way r any kidz goin' between the 18th & 1st of aug.

c u all soon.
xXx
Bev Adams
August 01, 2004 02:09PM
Hi all,
How much are the tickets for the greek night and bbq? not that it matters it sounds great. Last year we did the Crazy Captains cruise - loved every minute, One for this year as well I think! 14 days and counting!!!!
Karen
August 02, 2004 08:08AM
Hi Bev,
The BBQ tickets are 10E for adults and 7.5E for children, its worth every penny the food is great!
Chris
August 02, 2004 08:21AM
One week and counting folks. Keep your fingers crossed for the weather for our wedding on Saturday!
Karen
August 02, 2004 09:09AM
Good luck with everything on Satruday Chris........your first drink at the bar has already been payed for............they know your coming!!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login