Aristidis and Kanelis Studios

Aristidis and Kanelis Studios

Posted by chris 
cathy
Re: Aristidis and Kanelis Studios
July 06, 2004 03:14PM
Chris
Hope you can take stick, as my son supports Man Utd.
You should love Fourka it's like a large village rather than a town.
Every one is very friendly. You can use anyones pool and do not feel like
an intruder.
Chris
July 06, 2004 03:31PM
Yeah being a West Brom fan I am used to loads of stick so not a problem there! What is the beach like in Fourka as I have heard mixed things about it some say its really nice others say its quite pebbly.
bev adams
July 06, 2004 04:42PM
The beach is quite pebbly and rocky for the first 10 yards or so then okay - the sea is beautiful and blue and clear - a sand bank is off shore about 40 yards away, really safe for little kids and shallow up until 150 yards out - can't wait to be back . The sea is the warmest I have ever been in freat!
Jo
July 07, 2004 07:37AM
Well Cathy - that's another thing we have in common - we are Man Utd fans - my son's middle name is Trafford!!! - so he didn't have much choice in who he supports!!

Chris are you there for 2 weeks? if you are you might be venturing out of your room by the time we arrive, and you can't help being a WBA fan - we won't hold it against you!!
Chris
July 07, 2004 08:13AM
Hi Jo, yes I will be there for 2 weeks and can't wait. Have done loads of the greek islands before but this is a first on the mainland so really looking forward to it.
Jo
July 07, 2004 09:42AM
I've done most of the islands as well - but my friend, Karen, & I have been here about 8 times in the last 3 years. Although it is the mainland it does have a island feel about it. This will be our 2nd visit this year, and we might go out again in October.
Karen
July 07, 2004 10:51AM
Hi Chris,

You must excuse Jo, her countings not up to much........this is our 4th year there, not 3rd!!!

When do you get married and whats your other halfs name?
Chris
July 07, 2004 10:59AM
Hi Jo and Karen

We get married on the 7th August and we fly out from Birmingham on 9th August landing in Thessalonika at approx 9.00pm local time. My fiance's name is Carolyn. We really love Zante (Kalamaki and Tsilivi) and Corfu (the quieter resorts up north like San Stefanos). It will be interesting to see what its like on the mainland, I expect it to be really hot, normally we go late June when temperatures are high 20's low 30's but reckon we will be in the high 30's in August!
Karen
July 07, 2004 11:13AM
Its 32 today, and it will get hotter.........hope your not fair skinned!!

I have been to Zante twice, Laganas and Kalamaki, loved it too!

Halkidiki is lovely, on our peninsular, in parts when driving through, you can see the sea on both sides.
Chris
July 07, 2004 01:42PM
Afraid I am fairish skinned, though my fiance always tans really well so she will love it!!! Can you recommend any excursions or places to visit by car as we will be hiring a car for a few days.
Chris
July 07, 2004 01:50PM
Forgot to ask whereabouts is the Victoria Restaurant in Fourka
Karen
July 07, 2004 01:54PM
There are quite a few good excursions, it all depends on what you want, its different for us cos we have kiddies, first year we went on the Water Park trip and was really dissapointed, but saying that, it was four years ago, so they may have upgraded it and added more slides.

We all enjoy the boat trips, they are really good fun, but you must be broad minded and not sensitive cos you can get picked on!!!!!

As for cars, there are loads of places to go, but i would just get a map and see where it takes you!
Claire
July 07, 2004 02:47PM
Why do you get picked on?
cathy
July 07, 2004 02:53PM
I agree with you we went to the water park last year and it was crap.
The boat trip is good but can be embarising if the captain picks you out.
Chris, you can not miss any of the restaurants they are all very close to each other.
Karen/Jo do the apartments run from front to back and will we have 2 bedrooms or a sofa bed in the lounge, it would be nice to overlook the pool and gardens rather than the road at the back. Last year we stayed at
Molas with Vangelis he was lovely.
Up the Reds.
Karen
July 07, 2004 02:55PM
Hi Claire,
Well there is this mad captain and he has a girl who helps him with the entertainment and he does pick on people, to join in........last time i was dragged up to do belly dancing, which is fine in normal circumstances ie. when you have had a few drinks.......but at 10.30 in the morning wearing a bikini i was embarrassed, but you just have to keep your head down if you dont like that sort of thing, or go with it if you do!
Dont worry its never anything bad.......
Karen
July 07, 2004 03:07PM
Hi Cathy,
The apartments are all different, but i dont think any of them have sofa beds as such, they are all propper beds or bunks, some have separate bedrooms and some have all beds in one roomand you should have been given an option by Thompsons regarding views, when we travelled with them we always requested a pool view.
Claire
July 07, 2004 07:02PM
Oh dear! I think i will be keeping my head down then!!!
Jo
July 08, 2004 11:15AM
Chris,
The Victoria is the first resturant that you come to, on the left, when you are walking into the town, and George (one of the waiters) always has a red rose behind his ear!!

Cathy,
I'm gettnig asked lots of questions by my kids ( Dan & Mel) - one thing they do want to know is what are your kids names?
Chris
July 08, 2004 12:38PM
Thanks for that, look out for me in August, you can't miss me I'm completely bald (shaved not naturally bald i add!!!!) with a goattee beard. Counting down the days now particularly with the weather being so poor here at the mo.
Karen
July 08, 2004 12:55PM
Dont know about not missing you Chris......
Jo and i will be expecting a reception committee, when we arrive, with all the people we have been talking too!!!!!
You wont miss us either though, we both have short blond hair and most people think we are sisters (some even say twins) but we are just friends!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login