Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Chrousso Village, Paliouri

Posted by Gill 
Re: Chrousso Village, Paliouri
June 09, 2006 11:16AM
Fi, you can get taxis from the airport. If you do a search on this site you will come up with the prices very recently from people asking. Not sure, but certainly no more than 80-90 euros tops. May be even less, cant remember. Don't pay First Choice silly prices. The taxis are available outside and there are always plenty.

Or hire a car? Very easy to get to Halkidiki although the Greek drivers can be a nightmare if you are not used to them.

Have a good time

Jane
June 09, 2006 12:33PM

We are off to Chrousso Village on June 15th for 2 weeks only six days to go !
Family of four all looking forward to our holiday,and as long as the beer,s cold and
the sun is hot and they have England matches on the TV who could ask for more.
Wasps or no wasps a good holiday is sure to be had,anyone else going over
for the same period see you at the bar.

Nige.
dianne james
June 09, 2006 01:05PM
Jane Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Fi, you can get taxis from the airport. If you do
> a search on this site you will come up with the
> prices very recently from people asking. Not
> sure, but certainly no more than 80-90 euros tops.
> May be even less, cant remember. Don't pay First
> Choice silly prices. The taxis are available
> outside and there are always plenty.
>
> Or hire a car? Very easy to get to Halkidiki
> although the Greek drivers can be a nightmare if
> you are not used to them.
>
> Have a good time
>
> Jane

Jane, have you already been to chrousso? when? whats it like?
fiona
June 09, 2006 01:44PM
nigdal Wrote:
> > We are off to Chrousso Village on June 15th
> for 2 weeks only six days to go !
> Family of four all looking forward to our
> holiday,and as long as the beer,s cold and
> the sun is hot and they have England matches on
> the TV who could ask for more.
> Wasps or no wasps a good holiday is sure to
> be had,anyone else going over
> for the same period see you at the bar.
>
> Nige.

Nige we will be there on your second week, family of 3 here, me and son totally footie crazy, husband who will get into the spirit onces hes had a couple of beers.... So make ours 2 chilled beers around 2pm on the 22nd june. ps get them anti mozzie coil things u light from boots, wasps hate them.
dianne james
June 10, 2006 07:51AM
Fiona, sorry to sound thick, but what are the anti mozzie things you mentioned. Do you know what theyre called......... You see I am so worried, about these mozzies and wasps. 19 sleeps to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!
June 10, 2006 08:11AM
Hi Dianne, if she means those coil things that you light and they emit a smoke plume, then you can get them over there much cheaper.

Personally we use a plug in mossie thingie ! We bought it over there and you buy refills. Plug them in and they give out anti mozzie "fumes, for want of a better word". They are completely safe and we found them to be very effective when we lived over there. Depending on the size of your room/apartment you may need two. They used to be the sort you put tablets in, but they have modernised and now it is a liquid refill.

Don't worry too much. Buy some Johnsons OFF when you get there, it is a very good repellent. And the wasps, well I hate them too. Some summers they are worse than others and it does seem that they are about early this year. Try to ignore them (I know it is difficult, I used to be the one running down the beach screaming with one wasp after me !). When we lived over there I HAD to overcome it somehow or I would have been a nervous wreck. In the three years we were there I got strung three times, once out of sheer malice ! and twice because I trod on them on the beach - beware walking barefoot along the seashore where they gather, it is verrrrry painful in the foot, believe me.

Have a great time. We have not been to Chrousso. We used to stay in Pallini Beach for over 20 years, then we progressed to staying over there three years, and now we got to apartments. This year we are going to Siviris which is a very nice place that used to have a lot of English tourists, but the British Tour Operators pulled out, as they tend to do, and now it is a haven for the German tourists. However, we have booked direct as we have stayed there before.

If you need any recommendations around Kassandra let me know. We only have 5 sleeps to go ! And we are going for 3 weeks which is nice, although our last four days we are spending in Thessaloniki as it is a beautiful city we want to explore more, and northwards.

Have a greeaaaaat holiday, I am sure you will.

Jane
Manc lass
June 10, 2006 12:49PM
Jane, just in case you didn't know First Choice still do the Pallini Beach!
They always have lots of deals for everywhere in Halkidiki in May and September.
I dont work for First Choice but I do holiday with them every year and they are good.
Manc lass
June 10, 2006 12:52PM
Jane, sorry read your post wrong I thought you said tour ops pulled out of pallini when you said sivri .
I shall go for an eye test monday!!!
June 10, 2006 01:50PM
No problem MancLass ! I was a bit puzzled til I saw your second message ! No, having lived over there for three years we know lots of people with apartments, and also get offers as this year from the place in Siviris. I like Siviris very much, we nearly managed to rent a beautiful apartment there, but it fell through. Will try again this year !!

Dianne James
June 10, 2006 02:32PM
Jane, thanks, we will certainly look out for these things. Have a great time.
LauraG
June 11, 2006 06:25PM
So i know i've written in loadsa times but IS THERE ANY1 GOIN OUT AROUND 27TH JULY-10TH AUGUST? THTS AROUND 12? luv 2 chat before hand
love loz x
Gill
June 11, 2006 09:04PM
Hi has everybody read the latest updates on the Chrousso it is on another forum on the list by RCrusoe

Gill
dianne james
June 12, 2006 08:37AM
Gill Wrote:
> Hi has everybody read the latest updates on the
> Chrousso it is on another forum on the list by
> RCrusoe
>
> Gill

Yes Gill have and everything sounds fine would you say.
John.
June 12, 2006 09:48AM
DIANNE JAMES Wrote:
> John Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Just a word of warning the Wasps are a
> nightmare
> > and are set to get worse from what I was
> told. Do
> > not leave Coke/Lemonade about as they swarm
> round
> > these like mad.
>
>
> Thanks John, Would love to know more anything you
> can tell us. You sound like you enjoyed it.Are the
> wasps everywhere, are they really that bad. Thats
> the only thing I am worried about. Did you go into
> the town? Did you go on the pirate cruise or to
> the water park? Are there cash point machines? Was
> the journey from the airport really bad? Tell us
> anything, it all helps.

Dianne.

The wasps were very annoying. My advice eat in the Resturant instyead of out.

We went into Hanioti which is very nice we had a meal there which takes you away from the same old same at the hotel and the beach bar in Hanioti is lovely. 10 Euros by Taxi and you can stay there as long as you like otherwise the Churroso mini bus takes you at 7:30 but brings you back at 10:30 so does not leave you much time if you want to eat.

There are cash point machines in Hanioti but and I think there was one at the Hotel but can`t recall.

Our journey both ways were marvellous no hold ups at all and the coach journey was 1hr 30 each way but we never stopped to do drop offs Hooray!!

The local beach is fantastic with clear water and pedlos etc.

We didn`t do any excursions but they did seem rather pricey.

fiona
June 12, 2006 10:57AM
John you transfer sounds better than i expected, had heard reports of 2 and half hours plus, so thats pleasing news!

Does anyone know why the wasps are so bad here ? they arent something i have ever really associated with greece! mozzies and crickets and lots of goats yes but not wasps, Apart from them two bodied waspy things but they never annoy u anyway!

Cant wait to get my toes in the sea,, 10 more sleeps to go!

June 12, 2006 11:08AM
Hi Fi, well we have been all over Greece and I must say wasps have always been there ! I can remember well because until we lived there for three years I was a terrible baby about even one wasp, and I used to be running off down the beach all the time, not a pretty sight !

Having been going over 30 years to Halkidiki and lived there three years, I would say that usually you get a bad year every now and then. During our three years we had one really bad year. The other two not so bad, but lots of bees. Lots of beehives about too, but dont worry about them, just think of all that nice honey!

It does seem like this year is going to be one of those bad wasp years. It seems to have started early too, usually August onwards would be the prime time.

As I have said before, just watch walking along the seashore and wear flip flops, I have trodden on a few and it is not nice. We also found that early evening was worse for them when eating, worse than lunchtime. We were actually driven indoors on several occasions in the bad year, but that was late September.

Have a great time. I am off in two days, and although I am scared to death of wasps I now manage to sit (reasonably) still when they are around.

Have you seen those brilliant blue HUGE beetles that fly ! They dont harm you, but by god they are huge and so slow and buzzy. We call them flying fortraces!

I am looking forward to the noise of the crickets and seeing some lizards. But most of all that lovely clear blue sea !

If you get chance to travel out and about, call into Kriopigi and see our friends at the Sweet Coffee Shop. Huge savoury and sweet crepes, icecreams, toasties, sandwiches, specialty teas and coffees, drinks +++++ and really friendly couple. We should be there most days at some time, and evenings as we have to check in with them each day !! Seriously though, a lovely place and if you are all inclusive it is sometimes nice to go out and have a fancy icecream or crepe as well.

Bye for now.....
marie burditt
June 12, 2006 11:14AM
Sarah

We fly out on 27th July from Manchester for 2 weeks 4 adults and 4 kids (12,12,10,9) bit stressed about the bad food reviews but still looking forward to it
fiona
June 12, 2006 02:21PM
Jane we call them flying beetle things Doodle Bugs, they just crash land, lay stunned for a few minutes and fly off again, as thou they been on the ouzo themselves.

I must admit i have travelled extensively in greece, over the last 15 years and have never had a problem with wasps at all, but maybe i just been lucky! ( whos daft idea was it to take wasps on noahs ark they dont serve any purpose in life)

Always seen lots of bee's, esp when in Samo's but that was part of the islands charm with the honey trails etc, but they dont target u the minute u open a drink etc

Marie, have a look at the latest reports from chrousso, reports on the food are really good! dont go with a negative outlook hun, honest be open minded, u learn in life and esp with all inclusive holidays some people aint happy unless they whinging. I think some people need to remember that its not 5 star deluxe accomodation and just a all inclusive standard hotel in greece. You holiday is what You make it
DIANNE JAMES
June 12, 2006 03:31PM
JOHN,thanks for your comments which were really helpful to me.Iam really looking forward to it now, thanks again. MARIE, dont worry it will be fine. There are loads of good reviews.
June 12, 2006 05:09PM
Fi, just another thought, and I do not wish to scare anyone, but generally in June (why we go in June I dont know, it has just always been so !) you do get targetted by horseflies, known locally as davanos. They inject a needle into you and suck blood, ugh. Sorry, but it is as well to be aware of these.

I am not sure why they only target in June, but it has happened in Skopelos, Chios and Halkidiki, so must be the month when they breed or something. They actually go for people more who are wet from swimming or in the sea.

Like I say, please dont let me scare anyone, I mean for someone scared of wasps and all things flying, I still go in June and try to keep my eyes open for them. We call them bug eyes as they have huge Green eyes. They are fairly silent, and just sort of land on you and sting.

The pain does go very quickly though, not like a wasp sting.

Sorry.................................please all have a good time, they will all probably target me as usual.!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login