> and Becky found it fasinating. (if you like that
> sort of thing, the simple things bring the
> greatest pleasures)
> Well girls pack that sun cream and clothes a size
> bigger and go to enjoy it.
> One word of warning.
> On your journey hope to the uk the airport baggage
> handelers will charge 8 euro per every kg over
> I know i paid it and so did a lot of others.
> Hope this helps.
> Mel
>
Did you thank the Manager after your breakfast before leaving?

If so I saw you and the look on the Managers face was a delight he shot into the kitchen so fast you couldn`t see his little legs moving!!

We had a great week there. And my 2 Kids are still gutted to have come home and miss the kids club sooo much.

Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
June 14, 2006 02:08PM
Greeks always love their praise, it seems to mean so much to them, and they always pass the praise on to all their staff too.

Read too many reports on miserable staff, but then i think if i was them facing the rudeness of some thoughtless english holiday makers, who let kids run riots in restruants and mess up food etc i would be miserable too.

(last year cyprus all inc, i witnessed two kids having a choc mousse fight in the restruant, oh how amusing NOT!, the parents were outside leaving kids to eat in restruant alone. By time parents eventually come in to sort it out anyone in a 10 foot radius was covered in the mousse, and all the dad did was drag them off, no offer to clean up mess or apologise)

Sometimes im ashamed to be british abroad!
June 14, 2006 02:42PM
I agree, if there's one thing i can't abide its bad mannered children, mine would be grounded for a year if i ever got that sort of behaviour from them, going on holiday doesn't mean leaving your parental responsibilities behind unless you are leaving the kids behind too!!!
Can't wait til my hols 6 weeks togo
Sarah
June 14, 2006 02:59PM
Gosh, me too ! I don't have children but I do remember well a business class flight from Dubai which was the end of our 25th wedding anniversary trip. There were some people who had been upgraded (and no problem there, but surely you don't give free upgrades to people with a herd of children!). Anyway, the parent sort of lounged about with their feet on the tables etc., whilst the children ran riot. Up and down the aisles, banging tables down, slamming armrests about. It was a Thai airways flight and the crew did their best to control the kids, but the parent, what did they do, absolutely nothing.

At one point I snapped and as one of the wildest of the kids jumped and banged his way past me I grabbed his arm and said WILL YOU SHUT UP, PLEASE...... Still no reaction from the parents.

It really was a nightmare flight and we complained to Thai Airways about it too, what we had wanted was a nice peaceful business class (which we had saved hard to pay for on our anniversary) trip home. They did compensate us however with a huge Fortnum and Mason Hamper which was lovely, but the end result was the flight ruined the end of our holiday.

Although I dont have children, I was brought up to have manners and respect for others and unfortunately like you say there are a lot nowadays who leave their parental responsibilities at home.

Oh well, that is off my chest. Hope you have a good time at Chrousso. I have now finished packing having packed a large and medium case, changed to a small and medium, couldnt fit it all in and changed to large and small ! I think I am there now. A few hours sleep before midnight if possible (not usually possible as I am all firedup ready to go), and then off for the long drive to Gatwick, but at least after midnight there shouldnt be so much traffic, I hope.

Probably see some of you there, you never know. Although we stay in apartments in Siviris this time we go to Paliori to eat fairly regularly. And if you do get chance to visit Kriopigi and our friends cafe THE SWEET COFFEE SHOP we will usually be there at some point in the day and evening.

Happy holidays everybody, kalo kalokairi (good summer) to you all

Jane
June 14, 2006 03:05PM
Have a great flight jane, and a lovely time xxx tc
Gill
June 14, 2006 07:14PM
Have a fab time and thanks for your advice

Gill
dianne
June 14, 2006 08:24PM
dianne
June 14, 2006 08:27PM
Thanks for all your help jane have a good time
di james
June 14, 2006 10:41PM
FIONA, got to say i agree with your comments. People would not allow there children to act that way in a restaurant at home but appear to think its ok abroad. As you said I am sometimes ashames to be british abroad. It annoys me also when people moan for moanings sake.Last year on holiday in bulgaria, the staff in the restaurant worked so hard.They appear to work every meal time and in between. Never have a day off and get paid buttons.British people would still moan for the most trivial things and never thank them for anything. Some people treat the staff as if they are some kind of second class citizen. They would not dream of treating people like this at home. One family I would say ruined their holiday by moaning. The mother spent that much time waiting in the reception area for the rep, ( to tell her her latest grumble) she went home white.Some people are not happy unless they are moaning. Any way I will get off my soap box now because I am turning into a moaner myself.
di james
June 15, 2006 10:24AM
Anyone else going on or around 29 june. Or just come home?
June 15, 2006 12:11PM
Think i have scared di off with all my comments haha
di james
June 15, 2006 05:06PM
Fiona of course you havent scare me off with your comments. However i did worry when you told me to attach a brown paper bag to my holiday hat!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! come on england!!!!!!!!!
di james
June 15, 2006 06:03PM
Well done the england boys!!!!!
June 16, 2006 07:03AM
Dont ya just love it when u come on line first thing and all the sad spammers have sent our fantastic threads on this forum to the bottom of the page!!!!!

Go Away and leave us alone!! we wanna talk mozzies, suntans, swimming pools etc not how to get cheap @#$%& thank you winking smiley
di james
June 16, 2006 08:17AM
Fiona, just got in from work (night shift) and couldnt resist logging on to tell you i have got another mozzie repellent, or potential one. Original source, lavender and tea tree shower gel, one of the girls in work brought it in for me but you can buy in asda and boots. ( how sad am i). Was really tempted when advwertised in yesterdays daily express was a bug zapper. It looked like a kind of lantern thing which you hang up. It was 19.99 but you got one free.Hubby says i am becoming obsessed, banned me from buying anything else that is remotely to do with wasps or mosquitos.Oh how i hope he gets stung......only joking.
June 16, 2006 08:40AM
I know i think my obsession with mozzie and bug repellants is getting out of hand too.

We always go to greece in june around these same two weeks, i never get bitten, and half the time i hardly even bother with mozzie repellents etc..

My sister has a beauty salon in town, going for my pedicure, eyelash tint etc on tuesday, shes giving me two aromatherapy oils, lavender and citronella, apparently just putting 5 drops of each in a water spritzer is the best repellent out, plus if i do get bit the lavender oil helps with the after effect. Doesnt look like i will get my avon things in time, but i can hope... just getting really worried about the luggage allowance 20kg isnt alot really!

Weather looks like its improved a heck of alot over there this week thou so thats another worry off my mind
di james
June 16, 2006 09:01AM
Fiona, no 20kg is not a lot of luggage allowance when you repellents weigh 10kg. Like you I have never been bit by mosquitos, though havent been to greece for about four years. Its just on here when i first came on people were mentioning the mosquitos and wasps all the time. I think its because i would hate my little girl to get bitten. If you think your going to go over on your luggage, just leave some of husbands out, he wont notice.Men are happy to wear the same thing all week, noone will notice.Different for us we do need a matching pair of shoes for every outfit dont we, and a couple of outfits we have no intention of wearing but take " just in case ".Men just dont realise how hard it is for us women, hair products, make up, earrings, belts, bags, etc etc etc etc............
John
June 16, 2006 11:09AM
This is turning into a ladies fashion thread Lol!!!!

Us men don`t really care what we wear as long as the beer is cold and the footballs on.
June 16, 2006 01:03PM
My biggest dilemma is deciding how many lipglosses to take, and that maybe my scented fruity ones might actually attract wasps....... I think angelina jolie is gorgeous with her big lips but i dont entertain the idea of all the wasps in halkidiki using their stings to make me have nice lips

Sorry i been sat in the sun too long today i think!!

Is 10 pairs of shoes for 2 weeks too many ?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login