Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Posted by PaulB 
di james
Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
June 16, 2006 02:51PM
Fiona, only 10. what are you thinking of? That will never do.Theexcuses for taking more are as follows, A pair could snap, A heel could fall off, Feet could swell in the heat, Colour could look different in the sun and not match your outfit, Wasp could sting your foot making one pair unwearable, Nail varnish may not match your sandals, Roads could be cobbly or rough making high heels impossible. we need flats in each colour, heels in each colour, closed toe, open toe, fli p flops, trainees.wedges, stillettos, pointed toe round toe, shall i go on.? Regarding the lip gloss thing, of course we need every colour, I may just opt for a large cardboard cut out of angelina jolie and put it over me on my sun bed.That way everyone will think i am gorgeous and it might stop me getting stung too.
June 16, 2006 05:04PM
im giggling like crazy here now, cant wait to meet u and your family

I wont be online all weekend so will catch up with u on monday i hope

tc and have a good one
di james
June 16, 2006 05:46PM
Fiona whatever your up to at ther weekend have a good time.
Gill
June 16, 2006 05:56PM

Tickets have arrived aaaaaaaaaaaaaagh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! so excited now. 10 pairs is fine to take my elder daughter and I took 10 pairs each for a week! My partner couldnt believe it. I didnt wear them all I stuck with the comfiest cos my feet and ankles got bit sooooooo bad I had big lumps all over them! Anyway they were there just in case.

Got a funky spotted suitcase yesterday and half filled it with all the toiletries

Gill

di james
June 17, 2006 07:50AM
Gill, do you go on 6th july? I have also filled a case with toiletries, a lot of them are just in case this and just in case that but you never know. Regarding the shoe thing, men will never understand, its not worth even trying to explain to them. My husband takes great delight when we are packing up to come home in showing me all the things i havent worn. This year going to be sencible, well, going to try.!!!!!!!
Gill
June 17, 2006 08:01PM

Yeah 6th July we go and counting! Your husband sounds like Dave re the overpackng. He takes great delight in telling everybody the same story all about me and my daughters huge cases and 30 pairs of shoes!!!!!!! I must admit (but not to him) we all take too much and I am also going to be sensible this time but dont think I can face a "I told you youd manage with a lot less'"
Julie
June 17, 2006 08:28PM
Hi, Just got back on Thursday after a two week holiday, not as brown as we had hoped as the weather was a bit wet!!! looks like it will be improving though. I have a few comments but do remember that they are my personal comments, anyway,

1. Great location nice and quiet, surrounded by lush green vegitation, ten minutes walk from the beach (great off road path behind the hotel). Transfer from the airport only 1h30min. May be a bit too quiet for some, we used the free bus a lot!!
2. We were located room 5 initially, awful, above the kitchens and it stank, I complained and we were moved the next day to a great, clean, basic room with a fantastic view of the pool.
3. Food was fresh well cooked and a good variety, however, after two weeks it was a bit boring, hence the frequent trips to town!! Breakfast a bit repetative.
4. Staff at the hotel were very helpful and hard working, thumbs up.
5. Kids club, fantastic the girls work really hard and are brilliant with the kids.
6. Wasps a big pain, I used insect repellent but to no avail, it should improve though.
7. Evening entertainment very poor, you need to mix well with others as theres nothing else to do (its nice to meet new people). Take some cards etc to keep you occupied, thers only so much G and T you can drink!!
8. It does get quite chilly at night so take a few light jumpers.
9. Good tip from earlier comments, the swim shoes as the bottom of the pool is quite sharp.
10. The Pirate Ship was great even though it rained for some of it, would recomment a visit.

We would have probably had a better holiday had we had more sun shine, dont mind the odd rainy day but 7, no thank you. It looks as if it is impoving though.
Anyway, overall we had a good holiday (7/10) and I hope you have one to.

Julie
Gill
June 17, 2006 09:48PM
Hi Julie

Thanks so much for your comments much appreciated. Shame about the weather. We fancy a trip out to restaurants a couple of times. Do the buses run at night and can you recommend anywhere that is nice to go?

Thanks
Gill
di james
June 17, 2006 10:13PM
Julie, thanks so much for your comments, on thwe whole you sound as though you had a good time. Shame about the weather, it does spoil your holiday because most things you do on holiday depend on the good weather. A few people have commented that they were not happy with their room, but all said they were moved when asked to be, though it is very inconvenient. Did you have children with you, what ages? My little girl is looking forward to the bouncy castle, i hope it lives up to her expectations. Thanks again
di james
June 17, 2006 10:15PM
Gill, How old are your girls, I know you have one 15, charlotte, like jenny, how old is your other daughter?
gill
June 18, 2006 08:55AM
Hiya Dianne

Lucy is 10, 11 in September. She is really looking forward to the holiday. Lets hope our oldest two enjoy the holiday. 15 is a difficult age isnt it?

Im off reliving my youth today going to see Take That!!!!!!!
di james
June 18, 2006 09:49AM
Gill, good for you, unfortunately i was too old to be a take that fan the first time around,have a good time. 15 is a very difficult age on holiday, especially as you are somewhere strange and dont really want them to go off on their own. But feel a bit mean saying they have to stay by your side.jenny is not an awkward girl, but sometimes just worry she might be bored. Shes also quite quiet, conversation needs dragging out of her. Well you know what theyre like at that age.Very secretive.Jenny does love the sun, and lies there too long, if she gets any peace from kate whos 6 who wants her to play all the time. Our girls get on really well considering there is a nearly ten year gap between them.
di james
June 18, 2006 10:22PM
Fiona, did you have a good weekend, did you buy any shoes, repellents, or lip gloss?
di james
June 18, 2006 10:29PM
JULIE, where the world cup matches on in the hotel?
June 19, 2006 07:06AM
Had a lovely weekend thanx di. Bought some repellant yes! shoes nooo couldnt find any i liked, and lipgloss of course, plus lots of shimmery aftersuns and other things i dont need and will regret taking but hey why change a habit of a lifetime.

Told my son u have a 6 year old daughter, hes at that age where u DONT associate with girls AT ALL!! but hes quite a sweet lad underneath, he said she can come and play but she cant bring dolls haha, isnt life so sweet at their ages!

Really starting to get into holiday spirit, just today and weds morning at work to go, Pedicure, eyebrow shape and ouch bikini wax tomorrow.
One case is packed totally, other two half full so im not doing too bad on the over packing (hubby only got one pair of shorts and two t-shirts dont tell him, but i need the room for the shoes and mozzie repellents)

Right i best go get ready for work, catch u all later

ps u seen weather forecast for halkidiki? looking really good now
June 19, 2006 07:21AM
Di just been reading a posting in sea urchins....Roy saying wasps arent as bad as usual!!! was posted yesterday... he lives out there too... sounds good
di james
June 19, 2006 09:21AM
Fiona, glad you had a good weekend we did too. Sorry to say i gave into the temptation to buy a nice pair of silver flat toe posts. ( AN ABSOLOUTE NECESSITY HONEST).Also got one new lip gloss, and another roll on repellent jungle formula. your son must be a lovely boy to even consider letting an 6 year old girl play, kate is extremely shy (just like her mother), no seriously she is terribly shy.Every year we go away she wont join in the kids disco, but she loves to watch the other kids, which is fine. Last year in lanzarote, the drinks were served in plastic cups, whether they were alchoholic or not. Some how she had a few sips of my cocktail of the day, which was a long slow comfortable screw. Well she soon joined the kids disco after that, she was giving it loads on the dance floor. It was a definite lesson in the change alchohol can bring on your personality. With all your beauty treatments going on, when we get there on29th, wont have to look out for you, will just look for the glamorous angelina jolie lookalike, with the newly pedicured toes and tinted eye lashes. I am having my toes done and having a go at doing my own nails. Have never had a bikini wax, couldnt even think about it, i am an immac girl myself. Regarding weather, yes th forecast is fabulous, we originally booked for the 8th june, but jenny had exams, we would have been coming home now. It has been raining quite a lot so so glad we had to change it.
di james
June 19, 2006 09:29AM
Gill, how was the take that concert.
Gill
June 19, 2006 02:08PM

Hi there all

It was fantastic. I didnt even contain myself I went mad , sang, bellowed and danced like crazy!!!!! My daughters couldnt believe the atmosphere and how good they were or even how mad their mother was! . Anyway today Im paying the price, sore throat, aching hips, dodgy ears I guess Id forgotten what it was like to be a gyrating, hysterical twenty something pop fan!
Everybody was going for it, it was a brilliant night.

Bring it on Halkidiki it was just what I needed last night bit like holiday madness eh Di and Fiona!?

Should I bring my Take That CD........................
di james
June 19, 2006 02:22PM
Gill, most definitely bring your take that cd.That concert should have really got you in the mood.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login