Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Posted by PaulB 
Gill
Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
June 21, 2006 09:38PM
Di

Im still here I will talk to you , Sarah and Jo.

Gill
di james
June 21, 2006 10:41PM
Starting to get nervous about the flight, it happens every year, I wouldnt say I am scared of flying but always get this sick feeling when the holiday comes near. Worry that i havent forgotten anything. Men have it so easy dont they, basically they just turn up.
di james
June 21, 2006 10:47PM
Lyn, who used to chat on here, went on 8th june, should be back tomorrow. I am sure she will come back on and tell us all about it.
June 22, 2006 06:59AM
yep, hope she had a good time as it was her first hol for a while wasn't it.
Men do have it easy, my hubby thinks his packings done when he puts out a couple of t-shirts and shorts on the bed, no thought of sun cream towels etc etc lol. wouldn't want him any other way really, if he started to organise things too i'd never know where i was and everything would get left behind!!
Sarah
di james
June 22, 2006 07:15AM
Yes i agree, thats about my husbands contribution, throwing a couple of things on the bed. He has been forewarned though, not to tell me of anything i have forgotten when we get there. They would never even think of towels, sun cream, repellents etc. Saying that, my husband often goes on a golfing holiday with our son, and he can manage to do his own packing then!!!!!!!!! It is amazing what they can do when they have to, isnt it.
Still feeling sick and nervous about the flight, because its getting closer.
di james
June 22, 2006 10:14AM
Where are you all?????
June 22, 2006 02:37PM
Sorry Di, the sun came out and i went shopping while hubby away!!!!!
spent far too much, two dresses (which i never usually wear) some heeled shoes(which i dont usually wear either) and a top, but even better i did find that in Boots they sell suncream with added insect repellent and for the kids factor 30 with insect and wasp repellent in it, thought that was brill protect them from sun and insects in one go. so bought bagfuls!
Its all yours and Fi's fault Di, you got me over excited with your preparations lol!!!!
luv
Sarah
di james
June 22, 2006 04:02PM
Sarah, yes, i have heard of that suncream with insect repellent, supposed to be very good. Avon do one as well, and a after sun lotion with repellent too. Getting really excited now.!!!!!
June 22, 2006 05:38PM
i bet you are, are you counting hours yet or still on days
Bet Fi is sunning herself by the pool with cocktail in hand by now
bought some of theafter sun too, seemed like such a good idea,I can't wait either, 5 weeks to go
Sarah
di james
June 23, 2006 07:42AM
Sarah, sure fi will be having her early morning swim.Hope she thinks its great.I looked at the five day forecast,not very good. Today was sunny, but the next four were rain and cloud.
Lyn
June 23, 2006 09:15AM
Well we got back yesterday and we had a brilliant time!! You will love it. The weather was a bit ropey on the first week but it didn't spoil things but now it is baking!!!
Loads of lovely food. My kids tried everything and loved it. There was so much at breakfast, dinner and lunch that they weren't bothered by snacks so I didn't even look at what was available. Not too many wasps.
The grounds are stunning with lots of fruit and flowers growing everywhere. Not a huge amount of entertainment but thats how I like it. I am gutted to be home.
There is a gorgeous little dog (brown and white) who appears to be a stray there at the moment. I have been feeding him (meat from buffet). Can you please make sure he is ok? He was obviously a pet as he has been castrated. He is lovely and friendly and my son had him doing all sorts of tricks. Was so sad to leave him there. He was outside our room on the last night crying. There are also two cats there. One is a ginger and white boy and the other looks like a lynx point siamese. Would hate for them all to be going hungry now. Some people moaned about the dog and thought he was viscious but he is playing and one lady even kicked him. He doesn't beg around the tables or anything. Please look out for him.
Beach is lovely. I am so jealous of you all going soon.
Did 4 trips but the best by far was the off road jeep safari. We spoke to the bloke and booked privately to go and tour Sithonia the following week. If you book direct with him it is much cheaper than going through the rep. If anyone would like his details I have his mobile number and email address. He's a great bloke and loves kids.
Also went on the boat trip around Mount Athos which was great but a very long day if you have kids. Saw dolphins!! Made my holiday!! Also did the caves which were great but would have liked to go to the caves and come straight back but you get dropped off at a market afterwards but I found the shops in Hanioti better.
I didn't let my kids help themselves at dinner and went and got their dinner for them. I agree with others and was quite shocked as to how some people just let their kids barge in front of you. That was the only gripe with the whole holiday. But you get rude people everywhere.
Pool is great but get some shoes for the pool as your feet will get a bit scraped up otherwise.
Oh well back to reality. I can't see my floor for washing, the house looks like a tip and I have an 8 year old coming to stay from Russia on Sunday for a month. So much to do and so little time.
Any questions just ask but you will have a fab time. My 4 year old had a little romance and a proposal bless him!!
June 23, 2006 10:37AM
Lyn
Glad you had a great time. How were the apartments/studios, heard so many people asking for room exchanges recently a bit worried what to expect?
Glad the foos was good and not too many wasps, thats one or two things lkess to woryy about
Sarah
June 23, 2006 01:01PM
i would like the tour guide who did the jeep safaris number please Lyn if you would send it to me thanks
Sarah
June 23, 2006 02:01PM
i also would like jeep sarfari number aswell please just love them
di ajmes
June 23, 2006 02:37PM
Thanks lyn, you make it sound wonderful, we really cant wait now. What was the beach like?How far? Dis you hear anything about the water park? Thanks again for coming back to tell us about it, when you must be so busy.Did you go on the pirate cruise, or hear of any one who did. Cant believe your home your holiday flew.Any information would be great. Was the bouncey castle up to much. So glad you thought the wasps werent so bad.
Lyn
June 23, 2006 11:56PM
The beach was lovely. Very clear water. A good 10 minute walk. We had to take the main road in front of the hotel as the dirt track gets very muddy when it's rained although they do seem to be doing some work at the bottom end near the beach and may well be rectifying the top end of the path near the hotel which gets the boggiest.
Didn't do the Pirate Cruise. Our kids didn't fancy it and was told that it was a rip off but if you and your kids are really out going and like dancing around a lot you may well love it. Also the people who I spoke to who went on the Pirate Cruise thought that they were going to see turtles as turtle Island was mentioned. Turtle Island is just an Island that you go past that is shaped like a turtle. There are no turtles there although it does look lovely.
Bouncy castle was massive and our kids loved it. It really has to be seen to be believed!!
Wasps weren't too bad but I will say that they seem to be attracted by the lemonade more than anything else. Didn't hear of anyone being stung and they seem to be a lot less volatile than the wasps here so try not to be scared by them.
di james
June 24, 2006 07:43AM
Lyn, thanks for all your very useful information, sorry to be a pain but what were the rooms like?
di james
June 24, 2006 02:20PM
thanks lyn, could you tell me a bit about the rooms, i have heard a lot of things about people wanting to change their room because they werent happy. Some reports aboutthe rooms being basement type???
Lyn
June 24, 2006 03:43PM
I was in room 12 near the pool which was basic (but Greece is) but fine. I know someone changed their room because it was cramped but it wasn't a problem. I think they were only in the first room temporarily. I suppose you could say that the rooms could do with a little updating but we found them ok for us. We were hardly in them to be honest.
Someone asked about the water park. I saw a sign for it on the way back to the airport but it isn't close and I don't know of anyone who went. Sorry not much help there.
I am sure you will all have a great time. We did and I would probably even go back one day.
Make sure you check out the grounds. They really are beautiful.
di james
June 24, 2006 04:44PM
thanks lyn
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login