Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Posted by PaulB 
Graeme
Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
June 11, 2006 01:28PM
Hi,
We are going to Chrousso on the 13th of July. Do you happen to know if there is air-conditioning in all rooms? We are a family group of all ages (16 people) and have been on several all inclusive holidays but never to Greece. Also are the snacks and ice cream O.K for the children?
We make our own fun after a drink or two so not bothered about the entertainment. Is the beach as good as they say? We all enjoy snorkling and the sea rather than the pool
Thanks and Regards,
Graeme.
June 11, 2006 04:29PM
read r crouso new on thread on chrousso. were you fly from we go from manchester, two familys on the13/to 27
fiona
June 11, 2006 05:18PM
Well what a lovely weekend we had weather wise, really gets u into holiday spirit!!

Gill we will probably pass u at the airport! we go home on the 6th July

And Dianne i never said anything about teaching the dancing haha !!

Just got suitcases out now! so im off to sort few bits out
dianne james
June 12, 2006 08:21AM
Me too, only 17 sleeps to go, and io have managed to get nyself a bit of a tan.
John
June 12, 2006 09:41AM
I got back last Thursday 8th

The Hotel itself is good the pool is clean and the Kids loved it.

HPS who are a German holiday company lay on all daytime activities like Water Polo and Volleyball where First Choice do nothing.

Kids club gets full marks and the Girls looking after the kids are great.

Mini Disco bit samey each time but the Kids love it and it is so good to see them enjoying themselves.

Adults entertainment is non existant although on Saturday they hold a BBQ with some Greek Music which finishes at 10:30 and Monday there is a `Gala` night which again ends early over than that there is nothing you could class as entertainment.

The food gets very boring and in my opinion is not good for Kids who are fussy eaters.

Overall 6/7 out of 10 for my week at Churroso
Melanie
June 12, 2006 12:29PM
Well Paul we were there the same time as yourself. When we arrived we did have a problem with the room,we had requested a upper floor with a pool view and was put in a basment room. We ask to be moved and were told that First Choice has made a request for children to be placed in lower floors as the rails on the upper rooms were not high enough. I said that I was willinig to sign a disclaimer and take responsibility for my 6yr old and 12yr old as the basement room were not what we wanted. However it was not nessersary as the Rep spoke to FC head office and there had been a mis communication. We were moved to room 24/25. We ordered a fan which was sent to the room and ordered a safe 12 euro for 2weeks.

ROOMS.
Very clean. Provide a kettle if you like a cuppa in the morning.(we do ) Beds are comfortable clean bedding daily (not sundays) Our room was an apartment very bright clean and welcoming. TV but not needed.
Rooms could become very hot in high season make sure you order two fans if you are in appartment these are free of charge.
GROUNDS.
kept clean tidy gardeners always working. The owner is always around the grounds.
Pool clean and checked daily. Pool man added chemicals at 20.30hr. every dail sticklers for time keeping.Pool shoes are recommended although never saw any one slip. Quiet pool is very deep but good to get a quiet moment and a very large drink .Say hello to the bar man he gives very large ozo and orange hmmm.
FOOD.
The food was excellent we all came back pounds heavier. I think some times people are not happy unless they moan about something. We were a party of 7 and on no occation did we go with out. The staff are well looked after ,they eat in the same food as does the owner and his family
which to me speaks voluems about the hygene and quality and standard .
All the staff work very hard food is not left to stand it is replanished before it is left.
Our main complaint at meal times would be the amount of children(English) left to their own devices during meal times. A group of children had to be repremenaded for very bad table mannner piling food and throwing it.(wounder what the Greeks thought of that). If some of these parents spent time with their children then their appriciation of food and the hard work around them would help them try food that is a little different.
The Manager was very dilligent with the snack bar and constantly checked the area. He was always visable. Try every thing the Greek BBQ is a great night. try and get a seat near pool after to get full Greek atmosphere. The Owner attends this evening.
Gala night is good if you encourage the two guys to play and join in English people did not seem to take this oppotunity. Germans had a @#$%& night so did we my 6yr old danced all night.
BEACH
Lovely peaceful we managed to get sun bads without paying the first week but things are opening up down there now so take a towel if you dont wont to be bothered .Sea is safe and quite shallow take beach shoes. Pirate ship was a little disapointing however well worth the sea trip. veiws are stunning.
VILLAGES
Paliouri is a nice walk away along foot path when you get to the top of the hill turn left and there is a lovely square and a few taverners houses are typical of Greece. Pafkovouri is a bus trip away about 10 min top. run very efficiently by the hotel staff.tickets were checked we used it three times. HaniotI is ok glad can say we went but imagin it to be very crowdered inhigh season.
Pafkovouri very nice at night but imagin would be crowdered in summmer.
I could go on and on The 7 of us had a very enjoyable holiday, We all said we would go back again the whole experience was relaxing comfortablel and we got value for money. I might add that we have all been on many overseas holidays longhaul and short and this hotel needs nurturing by the English or we will loose it to the germans. 3 star + is about right with entertainment 4 easy. Oh and Childrens Reps for First Choice excellent say hello to Leioni and Sam and Hannah These girs are working very hard to provide a service to all First Choice Kids and adults alike.
Hope this help LOOK FORWARD TO YOUR HOLIDAYS .
Dianne JAMES
June 12, 2006 03:45PM
MELANIE, thanks for your report you make it sound wonderful/
. really looking forward to it now. Did you do any of the organised trips
fiona
June 12, 2006 03:56PM
I thought exactly the same dianne, does sound lovely and not biased

Esp with rainy days like today im really looking forward to it now
PaulB
June 12, 2006 05:59PM
"The Manager was very dilligent with the snack bar and constantly checked the area. He was always visable."

Just a pity the snacks promised in the brochure weren't so visible!!!!!!

If you take the time to read my posting properly you will see that I do not criticise the food at all! Only the lack of the promised snacks in the "snack bar" - and the absence of "unlimited ice cream".

I agree that the kids clubs reps were excellent and gave 110% to make the kids and our holidays fantastic. I'm afraid I do not share your enthusiasm about the resort rep Hannah. She should have been on top of the situation regarding what was promised for all inclusive customers and what was on offer. She wasn't. Yes, ice cream appeared during the second week of our holiday but only after I had complained.

I stand by my comments about the minibus service - if you didn't experience the problems we did then good for you - we weren't all so fortunate however

As regards to biase or not - no axe to grind from my perspective. I am a very experienced traveller throughout Europe and have gone AI with First Choice several times. I call it, honestly, and without exaggeration, and as I experienced it. Anyone got a problem with the truth??? Especially when all I am trying to do is help people have an even better holiday than we had.

Hope everyone that still has to go has a great time - but make that call to First Choice and get them to deliver what they promise.

dianne james
June 13, 2006 09:00AM
Got our tickets today, so now really excited. This lovely weather is really getting me in the mood. Just bought some more repellent.
Fiona
June 13, 2006 09:03AM

Got my tickets last week, i find it so exciting when they come through the post! like a little kid.

Dog just ate my new flip flops so im gonna have to go shopping again!

But apart from that im just waiting.... 9 more sleeps to go
John.
June 13, 2006 11:45AM
Melanie Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well Paul we were there the same time as yourself.
> When we arrived we did have a problem with the
> room,we had requested a upper floor with a pool
> view and was put in a basment room. We ask to be
> moved and were told that First Choice has made a
> request for children to be placed in lower floors
> as the rails on the upper rooms were not high
> enough. I said that I was willinig to sign a
> disclaimer and take responsibility for my 6yr old
> and 12yr old as the basement room were not what we
> wanted. However it was not nessersary as the Rep
> spoke to FC head office and there had been a mis
> communication. We were moved to room 24/25. We
> ordered a fan which was sent to the room and
> ordered a safe 12 euro for 2weeks.
>
>

Funny you should mention the upper rooms as we atayed in Room 16 with a pool view but during our stay the maintenance team came in to fis new had rails to stop kids from falling over the top but what made me laugh was that the gap on the bottom of the balcony was big enough for a baby/toddler to fall through.

I did hear that someone had fallen off the balcony which was why they hurried to solve the problem.
John.
June 13, 2006 11:54AM
PaulB Wrote:

>
>. I'm afraid I do not share your
> enthusiasm about the resort rep Hannah. She should
> have been on top of the situation regarding what
> was promised for all inclusive customers and what
> was on offer. She wasn't. Yes, ice cream appeared
> during the second week of our holiday but only
> after I had complained.
>

> I spoke to Hannah myslef and to back her up this is her 1st season as a Holday Rep and I thought she was great and always about the place if you needed her.

One thing I forgot to mention and was rather annoyed about, was that if you want guranteed seats with all the family on your return flight this will cost you 15 Euros as Thessalinki airport do not gurantee seating positions. Bit perculiar if you ask me.

>
>
>

John.
June 13, 2006 11:59AM
Melanie Wrote:
. Oh and Childrens Reps for
> First Choice excellent say hello to Leioni and Sam
> and Hannah These girs are working very hard to
> provide a service to all First Choice Kids and
> adults alike.
Smile Please come everybody wear a happy face!!!! Did you enjoy the sing alongs?!

fiona
June 13, 2006 01:29PM
So even if u have paid first choice to pre book seats in advance this isnt honoured on return flight?

strange i guess, mind u no one in their right mind would make an 8 year old sit on his own so im not unduly worried
John
June 13, 2006 01:56PM
fiona Wrote:
> So even if u have paid first choice to pre book
> seats in advance this isnt honoured on return
> flight?
>
> strange i guess, mind u no one in their right mind
> would make an 8 year old sit on his own so im not
> unduly worried

Quite right. I`ve got a 6 year old and an 8 year old and I paid my 15 euros to make sure we had them with us. I hope this isn`t just a First Choice scam.

fiona
June 13, 2006 02:20PM
I remember at some rep meetings the rep saying if u havent pre booked seats already for return journey to see her and they would arrange it etc for 10 euros or something, but as i have always prebooked it never applies, Maybe this is what isnt available in halkidiki?
John.
June 13, 2006 02:39PM
fiona Wrote:
> I remember at some rep meetings the rep saying if
> u havent pre booked seats already for return
> journey to see her and they would arrange it etc
> for 10 euros or something, but as i have always
> prebooked it never applies, Maybe this is what
> isnt available in halkidiki?

Thessaloniki is a military airport and are very fussy from what I was told.

Dianne James
June 13, 2006 04:21PM
fiona Wrote:
> So even if u have paid first choice to pre book
> seats in advance this isnt honoured on return
> flight?
>
> strange i guess, mind u no one in their right mind
> would make an 8 year old sit on his own so im not
> unduly worried

Fiona, I would expect this is just a way of making some money.
Melanie
June 13, 2006 05:41PM
Diane and Fiona
Hope you have a great time, If you are not happy with anything tell them or get Hannah the first choice rep to help. The manager who looks a little like Danny Divito was very pleased be thanked for his staffs hard work and told that the food was good. He went to the kitchens and told the staff there and then.They do want you to have a good time.

Tip on mossies my friend Alison used Avon dry lavender oil and was not bit once. We also took citronella candles to burn at the tables at night every one had them you can get them at the shop 3 euro and 2 euro for mozzie curls these light like joss sticks smell like wood burning but do the job. Wasps are more active around 6pm until 8pm as you would find at home in the summer. No one got stung. The best area to sun bath is by the shallow end of the pool on the right hand side. the other side from the shower and the toilets. The water around the paved area did seem to attracked the beasts. But by no means did this spoil the fun. If you have children with you get them to look at the ants road way when you walk to the beach my two and Becky found it fasinating. (if you like that sort of thing, the simple things bring the greatest pleasures)
Well girls pack that sun cream and clothes a size bigger and go to enjoy it.
One word of warning.
On your journey hope to the uk the airport baggage handelers will charge 8 euro per every kg over
I know i paid it and so did a lot of others.
Hope this helps.
Mel
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login