Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!

Posted by PaulB 
PaulB
June 05, 2006 04:27PM
Hi everyone,

Returned from Chrousso Village last week after two weeks out there. Here are my ratings:

Accomodation: basic but comfortable enough. Marks - 5/10

Food: interesting variety at lunch time and for the evening meal although breakfast proved to be a bit tedious after a while. Marks – 7/10

Kids club – can’t praise the kids reps highly enough – they were fantastic. Marks – 10/10;

Unlimited ice cream – not available until the 12th day of our holiday. Marks – 1/10

Unlimited snacks etc – I’m afraid Chrousso Village idea of snacks is leftover food from breakfast and lunchtime kept warm in uattended containers. When challenged about this the restaurant manager said that it was too expensive. Well, we know how expensive hot dogs and hamburgers are – that is why we booked All Inclusive. Don’t hold your breath!! Marks – 0/10

Minibus service to local villages – great that it is there but there was often confusion about pickup times. You should also be aware that he drivers don’t really check the tickets when you are going o nwhich does end up with people being on without tickets. I had to travel with my 3 year old on my knee for one trip which is unacceptable! Just be firm with the driver and ask him to check all the tickets. Marks – 6/10

Evening entertainment – described in the brochure as ‘light’. I would say that is being over optimistic!! Marks - 2/10 (for trying!)

My advice to anyone yet to go – get on to First choice and let them know that you have heard that the hotel is not offering everything they state in the brochure and ask them what they are going to do about it. My complaint is on its way already.

Did we have a good holiday despite everything – yes, indeed we did!

Would we go back to Chrousso – never!
Lyn
Re: Chrousso Village Latest Ratings!!!!
June 05, 2006 07:41PM
I am going here on Thursday and am now not looking forward to it as much as I was.
Lyn
June 05, 2006 07:43PM
However saying that, I have also read reviews from others who think it's great. Will see when we get there.
Louise
June 05, 2006 08:43PM
We have also just returned from the Chrousso village and we also stayed here in May last year.

The Chrousso is in a remote area and there is not much evening entertainment although the kids enjoyed the mini disco. You can get the free mini bus to 2 local towns and we did not have the problems that Paul had.

The accomadation is basic but is very clean and the grounds and staff are wonderful.
There is a good variety of food but it does get a bit repetative after 2 weeks but i am sure this is the same with most all inclusive packages. The biggest let down is the snacks but we always found something and the ice cream is now available all day.

The beach is about 5 - 10 min walk but is worth it.
The wasps and mossies are a problem at the moment so take some spray but i'm not sure how long they are around for as when we went last year at this time we did not have any problems.

This place is ideal for children and we really enjoyed the Chrousso again. I'm sure we will return but may be not next year as we don't normally go to the same place twice let alone three times.

Louise
June 05, 2006 08:51PM
Forgot to add to my previous post to take swim shoes especially for the children as the bottom of the pool is rough on the feet. You can buy them at the local shop for 6 - 10 euros but sizes were limited.
Lyn
June 06, 2006 08:31AM
I was so relieved to read your post Louise. For you to have gone back a second time, it can't be that bad. Is the beach as nice as people say?
PaulB
June 06, 2006 08:41AM
I'm afraid you can only call it as you find it!

I do not want to put anyone off as we did have a great holiday despite not being offered what was in the brochure. My posting is really to inform people of what is being offered out there and giving you an opportunity to get First Choice to do something about it before you go!!
The rep really should have been on top of this problem before any complaints were received - but wasn't.

As I said I can't speak highly enough of the Bugs Bunny Club - our daughter (3) absoulutely loved it and she had a ball.

Chrousso has lots of positives - but the negatives did take the shine off it - and no-one likes the feeling of paying for something you do not get.

Hope anyone still to go does enjoy it - but make that call to First Choice before you go.

My posting should not have come as a surprise if First Choice have been true to their word as their rep in the resort did tell us that they were informing all people due to come that the facilities were not as described in the brochure!!!
Louise
June 06, 2006 06:49PM
Lyn

The beach is lovely and the water is very shallow and clear. A bit rough on the feet as you enter as a few stones and is was quite cold when we were there but the weather was getting warmer so I assume the sea will be now.
There is a couple of beach bars where you can rent sunbeds although the Chrousso does have some that it owns but not much shade. If you get there early there is a few trees which provide ideal shade and we just used a beach mat. The local shop sells buckets and spades if you need them for children.
The beach is busier at weekends as the locals go there but it was not crowded.
The beach bars were a bit expensive with a beer about 3 - 4 euros and soft drinks 2 - 3 euros compared to the local towns where beer is about 2 - 3 euros and soft drink 1 - 2 euros. Not sure about the food at the beach as we did not buy any as we went back to the Chrousso (i like to get my monies worth). People also come round selling big doughnuts for about 2 euros.
I think you can ask the Chrousso for a picnic but we did not try this.

Hope this is helpful and that you have a good time.
Gill
June 07, 2006 02:26PM

I think Paul is right in telling you to raise concerns before you go. The hotels at this time of year are negotiating contracts and the amount of rooms First Choice take for next season. If First Choice contact the Chrousso with their concerns the Hotel may start to improve in the weak areas in case they lose the amount of rooms booked by First Choice.

I think if you work hard all year you deserve everything to be right when you go away ,as we all know holidays cost a lot of money. We are taking four children who all have huge appetites and that is the reason we've booked all inclusive so we arent spending all day on food. I am going to drop first choice a line or call just to express my concerns
Fiona
June 09, 2006 09:25AM
Going in just under 2 weeks, had already heard some reviews about food, and entertainment... having travelled quite alot in greece i never expect any hotel rooms to be anything else but basic.

Entertainment or lack off? Come on its World Cup!! When did we become a nation that needed holiday reps prancing around singing karoake all the time? only for 90% of people to complain they cant sing too good!!
Surely after a couple of beers and a few ouzos people are capable of good conversation and making your own entertainment.

Sometime people are too critical and base their holidays on complaining rather than getting out there and enjoying some culture, and making the most of the 1 or 2 weeks they have.

I felt pauls ratings were well put and honest, and im still sure our family will have a fantastic relaxing holiday!

ps this is from a person that had to change holidays because place we had booked actually hadnt been built, so actually having a hotel, pool and a beach is all that concerns me.

Everyone else chill out, a holiday is what YOU make it,

Fi
DIANNE JAMES
June 09, 2006 09:59AM
Fiona Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Going in just under 2 weeks, had already heard
> some reviews about food, and entertainment...
> having travelled quite alot in greece i never
> expect any hotel rooms to be anything else but
> basic.
>
> Entertainment or lack off? Come on its World Cup!!
> When did we become a nation that needed holiday
> reps prancing around singing karoake all the time?
> only for 90% of people to complain they cant sing
> too good!!
> Surely after a couple of beers and a few ouzos
> people are capable of good conversation and making
> your own entertainment.
>
> Sometime people are too critical and base their
> holidays on complaining rather than getting out
> there and enjoying some culture, and making the
> most of the 1 or 2 weeks they have.
>
> I felt pauls ratings were well put and honest, and
> im still sure our family will have a fantastic
> relaxing holiday!
>
> ps this is from a person that had to change
> holidays because place we had booked actually
> hadnt been built, so actually having a hotel, pool
> and a beach is all that concerns me.
>
> Everyone else chill out, a holiday is what YOU
> make it,
>
> Fi
fiona, totally agree you make your own fun. It will be great. You cant expect it to be exactly like england, things will be different, just chill relax and enjoy. Things would have to be really bad before i would complain. Not a fussy or picky person. It will be brilliant, as long as the wasps dont get me!!!!!

June 09, 2006 11:13AM
Fi and Diane, I totally agree. I would not have been going back for over 30 years to Halkidiki if it was full on entertainment everywhere, that would put me off totally. Just do your own thing, enjoy the culture and have a great relaxing time.

After 22 years of hotels, 3 years living there and now five years of doing our own thing booking apartments direct there must be something that keeps us going there (apart of course from our very good Greek friends)

Have a great time

Jane
Dianne James
June 09, 2006 01:18PM
Thanks Jane, I agree, personally, I enjoy a drink chat and relax in the evenings. We have been on holidays were the entertainmrnt at night was not so good but it was on those holidays that we seemed to make most friends and have the best time. As long as the children are happy. I believe one of the childrens play areas is next to the bar, that will do me. One eye on them and one eye on my gin and tonic, or beer ,or wine, or whatever I am in the mood for.
fiona
June 09, 2006 01:50PM
Had a thought regarding entertainment!!

If anyone wants greek dancing i have my ipod and speakers with a couple of zorbas tracks to play!!! surely after a couple of ouzo's we will be as good as the professionals winking smiley I have vindaloo and 3 lions too should anyone wish it dress up in england flag togas and dance to that aswell!!

(please no one remind me i said this when we are there! its a joke, think i had too much sun in the garden today )
DIANNE JAMES
June 09, 2006 03:19PM
I am up for that Fiona. Yes we willdefinitely make our own entertainment if it is lacking.
Gill
June 09, 2006 05:01PM
Count me in too! I was just concerned about the food thats all .I know what these five are like when hungry!!!! Anyway we've decided that we will find somewhere to eat if desperate but as we are only going for a week Im sure we will survive.
G
fiona
June 09, 2006 05:21PM
When do u go gill?
Gill
June 09, 2006 06:25PM

Hi Fiona

We go on the 6th July for a week. will u be back by then?
I expect a full report on the Greek Dancing !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dianne JAMES
June 10, 2006 07:57AM
Gill, We will still be there when you come, I will teach you everything Fiona has taught me!!!!!
Gill
June 10, 2006 04:27PM

Im so excited!!!! Cant believe the weather we are having here it will get us used to the weather over there its great!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login