Re: hilltop
May 16, 2005 04:15PM
Hi Julie.

Hope you are ok. are you going out to the Hilltop this year

Regards mandy and dave
lisa
June 09, 2005 11:52PM
Have just returned from hanioti. beautiful. we found 2 cashpoints, and both worked everytime we tried. have a great time - go and see Arris on the beach for the watersports and visit the blue bar. steer clear of the kebabs - at 2euros you really do get what you pay for! worth hiring a car for the day or 2.
Katherine
June 10, 2005 08:11AM
Hi

I know its a few years on but is the bar on the beach with the candles and stuff still there?

It sounds perfect!

Kat
SarahD
Ref Angelo Appt Hanioti
July 24, 2006 02:51PM
My partner and I have booked to go to Hanioti end of August, we are staying at the Angelo Appartments. - Can you tell me what there like?
Re: Ref Angelo Appt Hanioti
July 24, 2006 03:09PM

You wont be dissapointed. The pool is nice. It is not far from the beach and they have some good entertainment.
Ollie
Re: Hanioti
July 28, 2006 02:02PM
Hey guys,

Me and my girlfriend (both 23) are going to Hanioti at the end of August. We're staying at the Hanioti Village Hotel - Seems to have really good reviews? Has anyone been?

Are there lots of boat trips to small islands/coves from Hanioti? Where are the best spots to snorkel?

Anyone else staying near by?

Ollie
July 28, 2006 04:57PM
HI,
YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED, WE 1ST STAYED THERE 16 YEARS AGO, THE PEOPLE WHO OWN IT ARE 15T CLASS, HONEST HARD WORKING PEOPLE, WE NOW STAY WITH OUR GREEK FRIENDS WHO OWN THE CENTRAL CAFE IN THE SQUARE, BUT WE GO UP TO SEE THE GUYS EVERY YEAR,IT HAS BEAUTIFULL GARDENS AND SWIMMING POOL,USUALLY THEY HAVE ORGANISED NIGHTS-YOU WILL NOT BE DISSAPOINTED.
YES THERE ARE NUMEROUS BOAT TRIPS-POP DOWN TO PEFKORI SOME TRIPS LEAVE FROM THERE
PLEAS PASS ON OUR REGARDS TO BILL AND PERRY.
HOPE YOU ENJOY YOUR HOL;LS
STEVEN SHERRILYN
Ollie
July 31, 2006 09:57AM
Thanks for the info Steve. I'll make sure I pass on your regards.

If anyone else has any info, please let me know.

Ta
July 31, 2006 01:30PM
Hi Ollie

Going for the ninth time to HVH on 26th August. Love it love it love it!!! We go independently now. Billy and Perry are greek/australians and run the hotel which their father Tom built. Anything I can help with, just ask!

Shirley
Jo
July 31, 2006 06:29PM
Hello,

Me and my boyfriend are going to Hanioti in september, could anybody tell me anything about the Calypso Hotel?
Also are there many places to eat and drink, any suggestions would be great...............

Jo x
Ollie
August 01, 2006 08:10AM
Shirley,

Where would you recommend we visit during our stay? Best places to eat etc?

Thanks for your help.

Ollie
August 01, 2006 08:38AM
Ollie

If you are half board at the Hotel, Rula's cooking is excellent!! If you have missed breakfast then try Amethystos which is on the way to the square. The Old Tavern (also on the way to the square) do a great fillet steak. We always go the Garden Restaurant which is on the road off the square leading to the beach (by the supermarket) and have a lovely meal there under the pomegranate trees! A walk along the beach road to Pefkohori stopping for a beer half way is great. We always go for at least one Sunday lunch up the mountains for a spit roast in a huge restaurant - loads of food and wine by the bucketful for very reasonable euros - ask Billy about it. Oh, and if you have any favourite CD's etc, take them with you, they have a great sound system......

Anything else??

Shirley
Ollie
August 01, 2006 09:45AM
We are on half board, so i'll look forward to trying her cooking!

Just one more question - have you been on any of the boat trips and are they worth doing?

Thanks for being so helpful :-)

Ollie
August 01, 2006 01:06PM
We went on the Mount Athos trip the first year. It was enjoyable and am glad we did it but it's a very early start and we did see some dolphins swimming with the boat. We also went on the sunshine cruise with the crazy captain, that was a great laugh. We have also done the sunset cruise but unfortunately, it was a cloudy night, still good though. If you want some good snorkelling, contact Roy at the Odyssey Dive Centre, we normally go down the road opposite the hotel and to the right a bit but not much to see there.

Shirley
August 01, 2006 01:50PM
Can't wait to get back to Hanioti, going on 14-28 sept, staying at Angelo anyone else going then?
August 04, 2006 04:07PM
I'll be well back by then - I'm there from 10th to 24th August.

I'll give a report when I get back. Still not read of anyone else visiting at that time?

Is local car hire cheap? I see the ones on this site but thought it might be better/cheaper in resort?

Graham

frank
August 05, 2006 06:06AM
Hi all
Im staying at the Macedonia Sky appartments from the 17th Aug to the 31st Aug.
There's myself (Frank) my wife Debbie and my step daughter Emma who's 13, we are both in our early 40's so if anyone fancys meeting up for a beer or 2 let me know.
Roll on the 17th of Aug..cant wait
Frank
August 05, 2006 07:40AM
I'm at the Angelo and will be a nice red colour by the 24th.
I'm with my wife and 13yr old daughter too. So come and say hello when you are settled in!

Graham
August 05, 2006 08:27AM
Sorry I seem to registered twice on here - one from work and one from home. Be aware that stripedblood and gdhudson aer one!
cruise reviews
August 17, 2006 08:30AM
shirleya Wrote:-------------------------------------------------------> Hi Ollie> > Going for the ninth time to HVH on 26th August. > Love it love it love it!!! We go independently> now. Billy and Perry are greek/australians and run> the hotel which their father Tom built. > Anything I can help with, just ask!> > Shirley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login