Advice on hanioti please

Advice on hanioti please

Posted by Karen Marie 
Karen Marie
Advice on hanioti please
September 11, 2006 03:14PM
Hi Guys,

Im wondering if anyone can help me and get some stories straight. Im going to hanioti for the first time in two weeks for my birthday. I want to have a good birthday and go out for a few drinks in the evenings and nice meals sl can anyone reccomend any where to eat out. I love the greek style food and pasta and pizzas and my fiance will eat anything.

We are staying at the niais apt, anyone been there before? What is hanioti like in general? whats it like after the fire as i've been reading mixed stories about it. Some people are saying cancel your holiday others are saying you would know there has been a fire so im really confused. I've also heard people say the locals aren't friendly and lots of people saying they are. Also read the beach and sea is really dirty etc.

As you can imagine im sooooooooo confused and worried, but im also excited about going at the same time.

please help.

Thanks

Karen x x
Re: Advice on hanioti please
September 11, 2006 03:41PM
Karen - I have just got back from Naias appartments on Thursday after 2 weeks there, this is a wonderful complex, right on the beach with 2 lovely swimming pools. The bar is great, give my regards to Leo and Alex and the waitress Roxanne (from Liverpool).

Don't worry about the fire, yes it has caused damage to the surrounding hillside, but you will not even notice it where you are. Hanioti has loads of good restaurants, in particular I recommend the Garden Restaurant and Mesogias. There is a brilliant bar called somthing like Beer garden opposite the Sunshine cocktail bar. Just explore and try them all.

You will have a fantastic time, we did and I would definately go back to the Naias Hotel, just watch out for the barmen throwing ice at you!!!

John
Frank
September 11, 2006 04:31PM
Hi Karen

All above writen, what John says, I can confirm!
I am in (more or less) daily contact with my sister and daughter who are living there.
It is great! and everything is ok!
I will arivve om the 13th and the beer house is called Zithion although it is hard to read caus written in greek.
But there are many more nice places to go!
CU there
Ask Mario and Vasilis of the Beer house who is Frank from holland!
greetings
The Bold and the Beautifull
Frank and Anna
Karen Marie
September 12, 2006 09:22AM
Thanks for all the advice i feel much more positive now, it sounds such a fab place.
shelli
September 17, 2006 09:51AM
hi karen, i had the same thoughts as you did about the hotel and stuff! thanks for putting my mind at rest too smiling smiley me and my boyfriend go on thursday (21st) might see you smiling smiley x
Jeff fourkas mad dog man
September 17, 2006 01:13PM
HI everyone going to Hanioti

to see Hanioti at night is a MUST DO on your list of things

and if your not watching your waist line the cake shop across from the Taxi rank is a MUST too

lots of shops bars tavernas where you will be made most welcome

have a great time

Mr Jealous cos he cant get to Halkidiki till next year smiling smiley
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login