Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Amy 
dave and mandy
Re:hanioti
July 19, 2004 10:46PM
hi julie hope you have had a great holiday, cant wait to hear all the news from hanioti
Julie
July 20, 2004 08:57AM
Hi DAve & Mandy
Back from Hanioti. Had a lovely time, weather perfect too hot some days, in the 40's!! Not much has changed in Hanioti, a few new bars and restaurants. We hired a car this time and had a drive around which was nice. Hoping to go back again at the end of September, so might see you there. Is there anything in particular you wanted to know about the Hotel? Food not brilliant, breakfast got a bit boring in the hotel, so we treated ourselves to a proper english breakie in the square some mornings, the best we found was 4 euros, can't remember the name of the place but was right opposite the fountains. Had a brilliant night when Greece won the football, the whole place was mad. Fireworks, partying all night long!! Don't think anyone went to bed that night. Where are you flying from? Any questions ask away.
Sue
July 20, 2004 09:02AM
Where did you stay Julie, I am staying at the Olympic Lakis!
rob
July 20, 2004 02:50PM
hi amy,
me and some friends will be in hanioti on thursday for two weeks...were a bunch of guys (19-23.....all very well behaved!) you're more than welcome to join us for a drink!!!

see you thursday!!!!!

rob
dave and mandy
July 20, 2004 11:15PM
hi again julie, glad you had a great time,was thinking of you when greece won and how we wished we was out there. glad Hanioti has not changed we like it just the way it is. we fly out of gatwick how about you, we take footpath is open ok.
Julie
July 21, 2004 07:20AM
Hi dave and mandy
Footpath is again open, although for some reason the old one was closed and a new one made across some farm land. Quite a trek back up a fairly steep hill, especially when the weather is in the 40's and at night cover yourself in bug repellent! How long are you going for 1 or 2 weeks. Not sure if we are definitely going yet, but hope to go last week Sep first week Oct will probably fly from Gatwick if we can.
dave and mandy
July 21, 2004 07:34AM
good morning julie. we fly out on 20 sept but only for a week. thanks for info. stay in touch best wishes mandy and dave.
dave and mandy
July 25, 2004 09:49PM
Hi ya Julie. Bet you wish you was back in Hanioti out of this weather we are having here.We was just wondering weather their are any fridges in any of the rooms at the Hilltop.Some of the bed and breakfast have them so you can keep cold drinks etc. best wishes from mandy and dave
Julie
July 27, 2004 08:04PM
Hi mandy and dave
You can hire a fridge at the hilltop, can't remember how much though we didn't bother, but would probably be a good idea to chill drinks. Would work out cheaper as drinks at the hotel quite expensive. Beer in supermarket about 70-80 cents, hotel 2.50 euros. So if you stock up, quite a saving. I bet your counting the weeks.
dave and mandy
July 27, 2004 09:30PM
Thanks Julie, Yes the weeks are not going fast enough.
Zoe
August 02, 2004 04:55PM
hi there, Me and two friends are staying at The Macedonian Sky hotel from 26 August this year. Has anyone been there this year? And if so have you got any info about the hotel and nearby stuff. Getting pretty excited, but never been to Greece and would like to know what I can do for the two lovely long weeks that we are there!!!
Any replies would be good!!
lauretta
August 05, 2004 11:47AM
Hi Helen my name is lauretta. my partner and i are going to Hanioti 12th aug 2004 staying in the calypso arapothel can't really find any grounded info would be much appreciated if you know of anything staying in hanioti for 14 days, looking so forward to this holiday all i want is good baech, food and comfy bed which is clean!! if you could recommend us any other valuable information that too would be greatly recieved.

Best wishes lauretta x
a
August 05, 2004 01:24PM
Stayed at the Calypso in June of this year - fantastic place - good staff, lovely pool and only a stroll to the beach. Say hello to Kris, Yanni and Greg.
Katie
olympic kosmas hotel
August 08, 2004 10:46AM
Hi stayed at olympic kosmas hotel from the 29th july-5th august, brilliant place, the people there are lovely, would definately recommend it. If anyone is going there please say hi from Katie and Cassie.
dave and mandy
hilltop
August 29, 2004 07:45AM
hi julie are you going back to hilltop. rgds mandy and dave
emily
Re: hilltop
September 14, 2004 04:01PM
just thought I'd reply to ur comment about olympic kosmas hotel... i also went there this year and the hotel was cleasn as you said, but didnt you find the staff were arrogant and impolite? their smiles seemed to be put on and fake. one thing we did enjoy about hanitoi was waikiki bar. we were there every night almost and never felt out of place
Claire
September 14, 2004 05:59PM
We loved waikiki too! And the long haired bar man!!! We were in there most nights. How long ago were you there?
Julie
September 15, 2004 09:16AM
Dave and Mandy

Hope you have a lovely time at the Hilltop. You are flying out on Monday am I right? We are still hoping to try and get on a last minute deal the last week of October. Let me know when you are back what you thought of the Hotel.
Regards Julie
mandy and dave
October 13, 2004 10:51PM
Hi Julie,
Sorry it has took so long to reply but our pc has been down.Yes Hilltop was great.we regret we only booked 1 week, weather was fantastic and the staff at the hotel were brilliant. Did you manage to get another week.
Regards
Mandy and Dave
Julie
October 15, 2004 07:50AM
Hi Mandy and Dave

Glad you had a lovely time. The Hotel Hilltop has a good reputation and yes the staff and owners are all lovely. Did you get to know George the barman and Gianni the waiter, who is very funny. Did they had a greek night when you were there? A great laugh!
Yes we managed to book another week, the last of the season. Weather was good for the most, the last two days it rained non stop. It was strange though, as the village was almost deserted in the evenings and for the last 3 days the hotel was only a third full. Are you planning to go back next year? We would like to.
Regards
Julie
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login