Oceania Club

Oceania Club

Posted by helen 
fiona
Re: Oceania Club
June 04, 2005 05:35PM
Hi Vicky

We are also going in August and due to pay the remainder this week.Which company are you going with?
Really dont know what to think am getting a bit apprehensive especially about lack of facilities for children.In brochure it stated that there was childrens buffet.Really feel like cancelling but will lose deposit.
Jenny Small
June 06, 2005 11:01AM
After reading the negative reviews on Oceania club I have been to my travel agent to see what they had heard. They said there was no complaints (we are going with first choice) has anyone made an official complaint? please reply we go on 16th June 2005 with a 16 month baby
Michael Bamford
June 06, 2005 11:03AM
IOOS of complaints read other threads,first choice are lying,ask them about the compensation they have allready paid out.
Helen J
June 06, 2005 11:36AM
Hi Jenny

Yes i have made an official complaint but i was out there on the 12th May when very little was open. I am in direct contact with another group of people who have also lodged official complaints in the UK.

I think this is a mindfield for people who have yet to travel with very conflictinng reports.

There is no point in me explaining my circumstances because from what i have read so much has changed but you could tell your travel agent that every week so far First Choice have paid out compensation in resort. I was one of the many who refused in resort payment and taking it further in the UK. But first Choice are very aware of the problems!

I am wary of posting again on this site for fear of being called a moaner! But when i got there i simply filled in the complaints form and got on with my holiday i met some excellent people and no we didn't moan we just had a laugh and made the best of it!
Chloe
June 06, 2005 01:56PM
Hi,

Me and my boyfriend are going to the Oceania Club in a few days time - I have been reading the treads and got myself into such a panic about my holiday - today I have decided it is not worth it at the end of the day we are going to nice warm weather good food and drink etc.. It seems like most things are finished but if a few things aren't well not much we can do about it is there?

My boyfriend hasn't had chance for a holiday for 5 years! So we are going to make the most of our holiday and have great fun.

Can't wait!!

Anybody going in the next few days - See you there. x
Vicky
June 06, 2005 03:42PM
Helen,

Please tell me, are we going to arrive to an unsettled, unfinished, below standard hotel? (Oceania Club)

I would really appreciate your views on this.

Thanks.

Vicky
Stephen
June 25, 2005 06:31PM
Hi Chloe, how did you get on?

Two families going out on 11/08/05.

What is the latest please?
Rob Hirons
June 26, 2005 09:14AM
Hi

Would appreciate some feedback. We are booked for the 26th July. Any info you can give me about the Oceania would be useful as I have found several bad reviews and am looking to change my hotel.

Thanks

Rob
Julian
June 27, 2005 06:57AM
Please remove my details from this message board.
Vicky
June 29, 2005 07:06AM
lesley
July 01, 2005 08:45AM
I have already posted a response on the first link started by Ron.

Please read if you have any doubts about going from previous stories.

We were there from 16th June and thoroughly enjoyed the place. (even tho hubby broke his nose!!!)

Cannot fault it apart from entertainment in one bar (out of many!!)

Our party were aged 28, 32, 39 and 44 and will be going back.

taking our kids next time.!
Sonia
July 09, 2005 01:12AM
I have cancelled my planned trip due to hellish reviews from many feedback sites, am going to Sani resort in greece, PLEASE NOTE this is NOT a SANI resort, they are merely tenuously affiliated!!!! I am advised by first choice agent in London to try next year when things settled down and was also told that childrens club has bee closed due to unqualified staff etc. I was going with 1yr old and 4 yr old so cannot risk it. I am sure if you are adult it will be lovely!

Maxine
Daz
July 09, 2005 08:11AM
Maxine the hotel if fantastic, but yes it will be even better next year, but also the prices are to increase by 25%. The hotel was built by another hotel owner until he ran out of money, then the sani group took over and are ploughing piles of money at it to get it up to sani standard.

We returned on the 7/6/05 and had a great time.
gill
July 09, 2005 06:13PM
Does anyone know if Thomas Cook operator has returned to the Oceania. I know they stopped arrivals up to 30 June. Does anyone know?
emma clisby
July 17, 2005 01:45PM
Hi Helen

We are interested in a weeks stay next May flying from Gatwick, 2 adults and a child( age 2) we would like a seaview room, and we want to go between may 10and 25th

thanks

Emma
colin
July 22, 2005 04:32PM
Does anyone know if you have to wear some form of ID to get in and out of the complex and also to be served at the bar,restaurants etc
Jon
July 22, 2005 05:16PM
You are issued with all inclusive cards - although not once did we use these. It is extremely easy for the greek locals to even sneak in to the hotel and join in with the free food and drinks. This happened on an occasion and 2 guys were arrested.
mike
July 28, 2005 03:34PM
Does any one know if there is a big shopping centre being built at the present time next to the hotel which may cause a problem with people staying there.
eurodrain@hotmail.co.uk
July 29, 2005 09:02AM
It is being built, but it is not that big and is not causing any problems
alison
August 01, 2005 04:50PM
Hi Helen

Would it be possible for you to let me know your best price for 2 adults and 2 children (aged 15 and 13) for next August (around the 14th if possible).

I understand that I will probably have to pay adult prices for my children but would appreciate any help you can give me.

Many thanks, I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Alison
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login