Wedding in Sani Resort

Wedding in Sani Resort

Posted by Karen 
Karen
Wedding in Sani Resort
September 05, 2004 07:37PM
Hiya

We are thinking of getting married next year in Sani - has anyone got any experiences of this, as I would love to hear about them, so I know how to prepare!!!

I would also like to hear how the marriage license paperwork side of things is - is it quite hard to complete it all??

thank you

karen
Matt
Re: Wedding in Sani Resort
September 13, 2004 01:23PM
Karen,

I've told most of this to the guy you're going to marry.

But seeing as no-one's replied yet, I'll put something in to possibly start the ball rolling.

Sani Beach is lovely. The resort (of which I've only seen the entrace to) is completely self contained and from reports I've had you will want for nothing. All the beaches in Halkidiki are great, the water is warm and calm so there will be no bother there.

The only thing I spotted was that it was so self contained that it would be quite difficult to get anywhere else. Sani is a hotel complex only. If there was a village there once, there isn't much evidence of it now. Therefore to go out to the village and sample traditional Greek life would mean a taxi ride in the least.

I guess it depends on what you guys want.

I know you are visiting later this year, so I hope you have a good look around and you enjoy yourselves.

Hope to see you soon.

Matt
Lorraine
October 20, 2004 11:46AM
have booked a wedding in halkidiki in July 2005, staying at Sani Resort. Has anyone else married there and what was it like?

cheers
Karen
October 20, 2004 03:02PM
Hi Lorraine
Sounds like you'll have bit more inside knowledge on a wedding in halkidiki - do you want to email me directly at karen@sucasa.demon.co.uk as i'd love to hear how all your wedding plans are coming along as mine are just starting!

look forward to hearing from you

Karen
HELEN
November 09, 2004 02:24PM
Hello

My name is Helen me and my husband own the Nostos hotel in Kallithea. We got married two years ago in the church in Afitos (my husband is Greek and from there) We had our wedding reception at Porto Sani it was absolutely fantastic the staff are brillent and the restaurant manger is wonderful. They organised everything and made me feel so relaxed.

Karen the papers you will need vary on what service you want. If you want you can e-mail me direct and I will try to help you out as much as I can. nostos1@otenet.gr

Hope this info is useful.
Carly Musgrave
November 23, 2004 09:24AM
Hi!

Hope you dont mind me asking, but my partner and I have booked our honeymoon in Hanioti, Halkidiki and have now changed our plans to also marry there. Really haven't got a clue as to what the first step would be to getting all the papers sorted. Any ideas as to who would be able to help get the ball rolling??
I've heard that you need to go to the Majors office of the town, but how on earth do you find the number for that!!??

I hope I'm not being too hopeful to be married in the town or whether we would have to travel to another location for the ceremony to happen!

Your advice would be greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Clueless but hopeful!

Carly
steph
November 25, 2004 02:32PM
Hi There - Dont know much about weddings, but I used to work at Sani beach and we did work at the weddings, they are very beautiful and well organised, Much nicer than anything i have been to or worked at in the UK. I would deffinately reccomend it, it has everything you could wish for and all the staff really love working at the weddings there. Hope you do go because iam sure you will remeber it forever. Some times they have champagne on the hill tops overlooking the beach and sea, some time they have the wedding reception in the restaurant that overlooks the sea at night. its very pretty. what ever you choose it will be nice. Porto sani and the marina seems to be the most exclusive place.
Hope this helps
Steph
Keren Looker
Getting married in Halkidiki
November 28, 2004 05:40PM
Dear Carly

I am also trying to organise our wedding in Halkidiki. I do have some information that may be of use to you that I have received from Thomsons. They advised what paperwork we required and I also have a list of telephone numbers for Greek translators in England.

Kind regards

Keren
Louise Howgate
Re: Getting married in Halkidiki
January 24, 2005 02:33PM
Dear Keren

We have just booked our holiday to Sani Beach Resort in June/July 2005 and hope to get married too - but have been told registrar is not taking bookings till mid Feb - have you booked your wedding? We are booking through Thomson also

Regards
Louise
Michael
January 24, 2005 06:26PM
I've been reading this thread with interest. The guy that worked at Sani summs it up well - a wedding you'll never forget.
AS FAR AS I KNOW - I think you need an 8 day residency prior to the service (might be wrong, but don't think so).
The major Travel Firms (I work for one) know the full sp on this kind of thing and do several weddings each season. Best advice would be to contact the Tour Firm of your choice and ask them. They will know all the answers (or ask people like me to check the local ground for the answer!). You ladies (good luck, by the way) are walking a known path, so I cannot forsee too many problems.
katherine meszaros
February 12, 2005 10:53AM
I am wanting to book our wedding for 2006 at sani resort. I have read all the messages,but have not read any from anybody who has got married there. I would love to hear from anybody who has. Some things that i would like to know ,where did you get married? Did you have a reception at night? did you have to arrange this when you got there? is there a lot of paper work to do before hand? I just want it to be the perfect day, not just for us but for all our family.

Katherine.
Roy
February 16, 2005 05:20PM
I know that JMC use to organise weddings in Halkidik.Give them a try most travel agents in the UK should be able to give you their number
Jackie
February 16, 2005 08:58PM
I am due to get married in June 2005 at Kassandra town hall which has been booked with my holiday package through first choice since last year. We are due to stay at the Sani Beach Hotel with numerous friends and family. I now understand that the hotel conducts wedding ceremonies in their grounds which I am also looking into.

If anyone would like me to let them know how it goes I would be happy to tell you!!

Jackie
Louise
February 17, 2005 08:24AM
We have now had our wedding confrimed for 1st of July 2005 - we are booking through Thomsons and staying at the Sani Beach Hotel - originally we were told we would get married in the hotel grounds but that is not possible so all the weddings are to take place on Fridays at the town hall. Hope this may be of use
Jackie
February 17, 2005 09:06PM
Hi Louise,

Many thanks for replying to me so quickly! I have emailed first choice to
ask if it is possible to marry at the Sani Beach Hotel and I will let you
know what they say! It is very strange as we have been told that the
weddings are conducted on a monday and tuesday at Kassandra town hall so we
have provisionally booked monday 20th June but this can't be confirmed until
we arrive at the resort!!

Kind Regards
Jackie
Liz Ward
Getting married in Halkidiki
February 20, 2005 08:52PM
Helen,

I wonder if your know of the area could help me please.

My partner and I thought we had everything perfectly planned for our wedding this year in Halkidiki. We booked with First Choice to stay at the new Oceania Club in Nea Moudania, and added the wedding package, leaving on 19th May.

Only yesterday I received a letter from First Choice to say that we cannot stay at the hotel and get married at either Hanioti or Kassandria town halls - apparently the hotel is out of the dedicated region?

The hotel they are recommending we move to does not compare, and has poor reviews on the net. Also, we have family coming out for the second week, some booking through First Choice and some have booked driect. They are many people now that are going to be affected.

Our first thought is for us to stay 'within the region' for the first week and then to move to the Oceania, or even better to find another place to hold the wedding ceremony. From other messages on this message board it appears that the Sani resort used to do weddings at the hotel, but no longer do.

We feel really let down by them, I think they have assumed that this new hotel will just fit in with the usual package, without checking...

If there is any ideas anyone has to help resolve our situation please let me know!!

Regards,

Liz Ward
Claire
February 23, 2005 05:31PM
Iam in the process of booking my wedding likely to be likely to be at Porto Sani id love to hear how your day goes. Also did you find booking it all straight forward as ive got to book for my whole family around 22 poeple and some of them will be traveling from different airports did you get all the info you needed to be sure it will be what you want?
steve
February 23, 2005 11:50PM
Saw Liz's thread....whynot contact Sani Resorts Direct. They have English speaking (and typing!) staff who would be able to tel you whether they can organise it; either at Oceania OR the main Sani Village Complex....

The web site is www.saniresort.gr and there is a contacts section.

I also believe there are some people who have reviewed weddings at the Sani Resorts on www.holidaysuncovered.com. Just click on the Halkidiki relevant section and read on...

Hope it helps and good luck with wedding

Steve
Jackie
February 27, 2005 09:35PM
Hi Claire,

I will be very happy to let you know how my big day goes!! Like you, I have around 21 family and friends coming out with me and we have all booked, some with me and some separate as different deals were found.
I know that most of the wedding is planned during your first week but I am trying to sort out some things now!
terri
April 05, 2005 05:27PM
Hi there....I am also planning to get married at Sani Beach Hotel in summer 06 and I was wondering what are the Town halls like? and if any one knows how I can get pictures of them??????
Additionally are there any tips/ good points/bad points
Also good luck to you all.
Terri x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login