Wedding in Sani Resort

Wedding in Sani Resort

Posted by Karen 
Louise
Re: Re:Weddings in Hanioti
June 16, 2006 12:17PM
Hi Alison,

We go to Polichrono every year and have also decided to get married in Hanioti and (hopefully) have our reception in Polichrono!!! Hanioti is about 10 mins in a taxi from Polichrono - the reps say that the beach road between the two towns in about a 20 minute walk, but I'm not so sure about that! :-)

I don't have any photos I'm afraid, but as far as I remember the town hall in Hanioti is a modern, marble building - very nice, and will be lovely in the photos, but definately not old-woldy! I haven't been inside, so I don't know what the interior is like...

I'm sure I've seen a florist in Polichrono - if not, Hanioti will have one. Taxi's are available from the taxi rank (which looks like a bus stop!) at the top of the main road to the beach, next to the tabacco hut.

There are lots of restaurants along the beach front - I'm sure you'll have no problem getting one of them to accomodate you! There's one in particular about half way along (Can't remember the name, sorry!) which, if you look through the restaurant itself has a really lovely little garden through the back where you can have a meal.

The Tulip restaurant is also worth looking at; it's down one of the backstreets, away from the seafront, but has a lovely fountain - just make sure you take plently of citronella candles and mozzy cream! The food isn't the best in the resort, but you do get the most amount of 'freebie afters' there! Most places bring you a complimentary dessert or drink after your meal but there we got dessert, home-grown grapes and Brandy!!!

Hanioti is a bit more lively in the evenings than Polichrono, and also has lots of bars and restaurants - you'll be spoilt for choice!

Have a fabulous wedding - you'll really be looked after there...I hope this has helped!!

Best wishes

Louise
Kayleigh
Re: Wedding in Sani Resort
June 16, 2006 04:42PM
Hi All

I have booked my wedding to get maried in Halkidiki in May 2007...... Has anyone got any info on the town hall or has anyone been to the Porto Sani Village that's where we are staying!

Thanks
Kayleigh
sarahlou
June 20, 2006 07:01PM
Hi Bev

I read you got married in Skiathos. We are going there for our honeymoon, next year. however i want to find out about getting married there. Can you help please?

Cheers
Sarah
Diane
July 28, 2006 09:52AM
Hello,

I have just read your review on the Marriage in Halkadiki.

My best friend is looking at getting married there next Sept 2007. She has been looking at the Sani Beach Hotel.

Can you give me all the details as to where the ceremony took place (in the hotel / outside) and what happens after the actual wedding re: meal / party ???

Also any information on the timescales for being out there before you are allowed to marry.

I look forward to hearing from you

Thanks

Diane

Re: Getting married in Halkidiki
August 08, 2006 08:25AM
Hello Anna,
Me and my partner are also getting married in Kassandria in September, I was just wondering if you managed to get any info / pictures of the Town Hall ? I am really srtuggling to get any joy from anywhere, I did manage to track down a small picture on the internet but the quality of the picture was rubbish and now I cant remember where I found it !! If anyone did send you any pictures or a description of the Town Hall the can you please forward them onto me, I would be very greatful. You can e-mail me direct if you wish.
We fly out on the 14th September and cant wait now !! Hope to hear from you soon.

Dean
alison
Re: Re:Weddings in Hanioti
August 11, 2006 11:31AM
Hi Louise,
sorry its a bit late the reply, I cant believe how much it takes to sort everything out, but its all done now so i can relax. I am flying out there on the 17th August so not long now, i am soo excited. Thanks for the reply and all the handy info I am sure it will all be of help.
Thanks again
Regards
Alison
Julian
Re: Wedding in Nea Moudenia
August 15, 2006 04:49PM
I read on this forum that if you were staying at the Oceania Club you are not able to get married in Halkidiki as it is out of the area of the Town Halls.
Does anyone knoe if this is true as at the moment the travel agents do not?
Or are we going to have to stay in Sani!!!!!!!!
Any info would be great.
Julian
Sabrina Barden
August 18, 2006 12:47PM
I am getting married in Kassandria town hall in 3 weeks and staying in Sani Beach Hotel. The town hall is in a quaint village, at the top of a steep hill. It is modern inside. We have arranged to have a voilin player there, through Sani's wedding co-ordinator. Don't know what it will be like - will have to wait and see!! When we get back to the hotel with our 36 guests we are having a meal on the veranda that overlooks the sea. After this we will go to the hotel disco. Basically, you can do anything you want when you get back to the hotel, they can do a cocktail party menu, bbq. The wedding co-ordinator name is anna wohlfart. She will deal with any enquiries that you have. Porto Sani village is beautiful. Can't wait!!!
Angela Devenport
August 29, 2006 09:47AM
Hello
i am looking at this wedding also. If you have a look in the first choice wedding brochure it gives you a picture of inside and out. The actually town hall you will be getting married in is not in sani but Kassandria town hall.
I hope this helps.
Also do you know that thomson is not doing weddings in Halkidiki any more so i hope you have already booked, I am having to go with First choice. Please can you let me know how it goes as i am getting married there in May 2008.
Thank you
Angie
Konstance
September 06, 2006 12:04PM

hi, we are thinking of having our wedding in skiathos and although i'm greek, I've been away for too many years to know how to arrange a wedding. also, we are doing this on the cheap so any information you nay have regarding contacts and costs would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you very much

Konstance

bev Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi,
>
> Noticed your messages with interest. I organised
> my wedding in Skiathos, Greece 2001 and can give
> you details of how to organise wedding etc.
> without going to a holiday company. I have lots
> of contacts with Hanioti and can provide details
> of booking your accommodation direct which will
> work out cheaper for a large party and give you
> more flexibility with dates etc. You can get
> married in Hanioti Town Hall which is a small
> building and the wedding takes place outside. We
> watched a wedding there last year which was
> lovely.
>
> I also have details of a privately owned apartment
> 30 metres from Hanioti beach which would be lovely
> as the honeymoon accommodation!
>
> Please contact me if you are interested or require
> any of the information regarding organising
> weddings. Good Luck!

Leighann
September 21, 2006 07:55PM

Hi,

i hope you dont mind me emailing you, myself and my partner have booked to get married in Sani in September 07, how are the arrangements going. Where have you booked to get married. i wanted to get married within the grounds of Sani beach Hotel but i've been told that they have now stopped doing this so i have booked for Kassandria.

Hope the arrangements go okay.

Kind regards
stephanie rowland
October 04, 2006 03:35PM
Hi Im looking at getting married in Halkidiki staying at the Sani beach club in September 2008 after waiting 7 years from when he asked me to marry him I want everything to be perfect. If anybody could give me any advice or just generally let me know what a wedding there is like and what the Sani beach club is like I would be over the moon as I have been told some good things and some bad!
I look forward to hearing from you,
Stephanie
October 16, 2006 08:26PM
Hi there,

I am hopefully going to be getting married in Sani in 2008 and have noticed it is Kassandria town hall that has been mentioned where the service takes place. How do you book this? also does it have to be the town hall? (does look lovely) we were looking at staying in Porto Sani Village - any info about this resort, tips/suggestions would be much appreciatied.

Many thanks
January 22, 2007 08:37PM
i am have problem getting a list of translators that are approved does anyone have any also i am getting married in sani beach club in 14 week and any feed back would be lovely thanks
January 30, 2007 08:53PM
Hi

We're getting married in Sani in September 2007. We are staying at the Asterias Suites. Some guests are coming but they are looking at the Sani beach Club and the Porto Sani Village. Can anyone tell me if they are all within walking distance or are they far apart?

Any other advice would also be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Alison
February 03, 2007 02:15AM
Hi Alison,

We have stayed several times at the sani resort.3 times at the sani hotel one time at the porto sani and 1 at the asterias suites. Its better to accomodate your friends at the village because its closer to the suites (5 min walking). If you stay atthe suites do not accept to stay at suite no 46-47-48-49-50. These are the worst suites. Last year we had to make a room change on the second date of the arrival.

Thank you,

Paula
February 05, 2007 10:14PM
Have booked to stay at sani beach club in May and have booked to get married at Kassandria town hall - any positive feedback or advice would be much appreciated - evening reception ideas?
Michellexxx
February 05, 2007 10:19PM
Did u get married in Halkidiki? I am getting married there in may this year - we are staying at the Sani Beach club Hotel in Sani and are getting married in Kassandria at the town hall - any advice, information and evening reception ideas would be very welcome -Michellexxxxx
February 05, 2007 10:32PM
Helen
My name is Michelle and I live in North Wales - I have booked to stay at the Sani Beach Club Hotel and we are getting married at Kassandria Town Hall in May. I would love to hear any information you can give me about Sani the resort, the wedding venue (Kassandria town hall) and any suggestions you may have for our evening reception. Also, how far is your hotel from Sani? My brother in law has nowhere to stay yet! I also have some friends that cannot afford to stay at the Sani Beach Club and would be grateful to hear of a cheaper alternative! Any information you can pass on to me would be very welcome - I have a one year old and would be interested to know if i will be able to get baby food and baby milk in Sani and I also love Harvey's Bristol Cream Sherry - do you have this in Halkidiki?
Michellexxxxx
February 06, 2007 11:41AM
i am also getting married in sani in may stay at sani beach club we fly out on the third do u know the date u are getting married i bought a magazine the other day and it a a good write up on the resort and what u can do for the evening reception there is roof top resturants and a boot that u can hire
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login