Wedding in Sani Resort

Wedding in Sani Resort

Posted by Karen 
terri
Re: Getting married in Halkidiki
April 05, 2005 05:27PM
Hi there....I am also planning to get married at Sani Beach Hotel in summer 06 and I was wondering what are the Town halls like? and if any one knows how I can get pictures of them??????
Additionally are there any tips/ good points/bad points
Also good luck to you all.
Terri x
angie
April 18, 2005 07:50PM
Hi to all whom will marrying in Halkidiki, I am going on the 26th May 05,
word of warning about paperwork.
The registra will take 2 weeks to produce a non impediment for -Licence for marrige ....You are not able to apply for this until 3 months before returning to the uk. which will cost you £30.00 each
So apply for this 14 weeks before the end date of the holiday.
You and you re partner must then get certified copies of passports done at a solicitors make sure they sign their name and not just the stamp the address on the docs as this held us up at the british embassy.
You must then take the followind documents to the british embassy
long birth certificates
copies of passports
passports
marrige licence
this is only to get it done quicker as putting these documents in the post delays the time as the travel agent does not give you time to get these done really, You will have to then pay £12.00 per doc to have them certified -any thing between £4-6 for the certified copies of passports.
The wait at the british embassy is painfull although once you have handed them over you only have another 20 min wait (get there early)
you then get them translated @ £30.00 per doc by a greek translater, shop for these because you can get cheaper
then take them to the greek embassy @ £14.00 per doc they will then cerfify these for you. although exited @ wedding abroad travel agents do not tell you it will cost you around £300-£400 on top of you re wedding/holiday.
But good luck hope this helps all ENJOY THE DAY NOW THE PAINFULL PART IS DONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Louise
April 19, 2005 12:02PM
Hi Angie
Just wondered which operator you are going with. We are with Thomson's and they have told be tht we don't need to get copies of passports certified or translated, just the notices of no impediment and the birth certificates. I am confused now! We have been to the registrar today!

Thanks
Louise
Jackie
April 19, 2005 05:24PM
Hi Louise,

I am getting married in Halkidiki, due to fly out on 9th June (I may pass you Angie!!!!)

My tour operator is First Choice and they have been quite informative and clear as to what documents we need to sort out before leaving. I have been told that you need to get copies of passports certified and sent off to the Foreign & Commonwealth office but you don't need to get them translated. Birth certificates and certificates of no impediments need to be translated.

The timescales are very tight and you do need to get alot of paperwork sorted out. When are you planning to go?

Kind Regards
Jackie
Carly Musgrave
May 09, 2005 09:24PM
YOU HAVE THE SAME NAME AS ME!!
Cathy
May 18, 2005 01:23PM
We are planning to get married in halkidiki in 2006, as yet not booked it but does anyone know of any website that may have a picture of the town hall as we are undecided whether to get married there or at the hotel. It's all very confusing!
Nick Higgins
June 02, 2005 11:10AM
Am getting married at Sani in Sept 05. Have booked suite at Sani Village with family staying at Sani Beach Hotel. Apparantly you can no longer get married within the resort - you have to travel to a nearby chapel. However the reception is still held at the resort and transport to & from the chapel is arranged for you. Will let you know how we get on. Would advise you read some of the reviews from the "Holidays Uncovered" website if you have not already done so. I have never seen so many good reviews for one place.
Richard
June 12, 2005 07:27PM
I would be grateful if you could send me any details that you have on getting married in Halkidiki.

many thanks

Richard
Tracy
June 13, 2005 01:39PM
Hi Richard,

My fiance and I are thinking of getting married in Hanioti. Have you had any useful advice/information yet regarding weddings yet ? Just wondered how easy or difficult it appears to be

Tracy
Beti guest
June 27, 2005 05:50PM
Hi
My neic is getting married there next week - infact they are out there now because you have to be there for 8 days before you can get married - she has organised it through Thomas Cook - we are going out on Saturday to be there for the wedding I shall pass your e.mal on to them and hopefully they will get in touch with you and let you know the ins and outs
Regards
Beti
CATHERINE
Re: Wedding in Sani Resort
June 27, 2005 08:11PM
HI KAREN.

THE SANI IS MEANT TO BE BEAUTIFUL!! MY DAD HAD AN OVERNIGHT STAY THERE ONE YEAR, (HIDING FROM THE REST OF THE FAMILY, AS A SURPRISE,) AND HE WAS WELL IMPRESSED!!

AS FOR WEDDINGS AND LICENCES ETC, MY SISTER MARRIED OUT THERE SOME 7 YEARS AGO, AND EVEN THOUGH SHE WAS MARRYING A GREEK, THERE WAS A LOT OF PAPER WORK TO DEAL WITH. MIGHT BE DIFFERENT NOW? BUT IF YOU LIKE I SHALL ASK MY SISTER WHEN WE SPEAK NEXT.

BY THE WAY, ANOTHER GREAT PLACE TO LOOK AT, AS FAR AS ACCOMMADATION GOES, IS THE PETRINO SUITES IN AFITOS. THEY LOOK DELICIOUS!!!!!!! WWW.petrino-hotel.gr/en/prices/html

ANOTHER PLACE TO LOOK AT IS THE NOSTAS HOTEL IN AFITOS..........BEAUTIFUL!!!! MY PARENTS ARE THERE IN OCTOBER AND I AM THERE IN SEPTEMBER. THE WEBSITE FOR THIS ONE IS: WWW.nostas-hotel.gr/en_main.htm

WHEN ARE YOU GETTING MARRIED?

TALK SOON
CATHERINEx
Jackie
June 29, 2005 05:39PM
Hi,

I have just arrived back from Halkidiki. I got married at Kassandria Town Hall and had my reception at the Sani Beach Hotel, absolutely fantastic!!
If anyone would like any information please let me know.

Many thanks
Jackie
Mike
July 03, 2005 08:51PM
We are travelling to Sani Beach in August. Although most of the reviews have been very good, would appreciate some `up to date` reviews. Any information would be very welcome.
caroline Racher
July 04, 2005 09:57AM
Mike,

I got back from the Sani Beach on 20th June - What can I say other than absolutley Fabulous! I can not say one bad thing about the resort. The only Negative thing about the whole holiday was the taxi journey to and from the airport. The taxi driver was a terrible driver and we had two young children in the car.

With regards to Sani beach and the whole resort, it is probably the best I have been to. Everything from the room, the beach , the pool, the food, the staff, the kids club were spot on! The Sani Marina is about a two minute walk away and is amazing. If you are half Board you can also eat there. There are loads of restaurants and shops which are all fab and not really that expensive. There about three restaurants which you can use which only cost the price of your food voucher but you need to book the day before at the Sani Beach reception and they sort the rest out. (The others you can use aswell and just put your vouchers towards the cost)If you need any further specific info let me know and I am sure I will be able help.

I am sure you will have a fab holiday because I am quite fussy and there was nothing that disappointed me.

All the best

Caroline.
anne caroline
July 06, 2005 11:26AM
Dear Jacki,

I have been thinking about getting married in Sani for years, and it looks like it will finally happen in June 2006...As I currently reside in Athens, I will have a chance to visit the resort and talk to hotel staff in the course of the summer, but since you just got married there, I would really like to know more about your experience.

Which of the hotels/complexes did you stay in, and where did you organise your reception (indoors/outdoors, by the poll, by the sea..etc)? I have been to a lot of weddings in hotels in Greece, but I cannot honestly say that I have ever been completely satisfied. Sometimes, the reception takes place indoors, which is a real petty when one gets married in a country as warm and beautiful as Greece, and more often than not, the catering leaves a lot to be desired. How would you rate Sani?

I would also love to hear from others who have organised bigger weddings in Sani - my fiancee is Greek and it is therefore likely that we will have at least a couple of hundred guests for the reception...

Warm regards,
Anne Caroline
Louise
July 14, 2005 11:32AM
Just got back from getting married at Kassandria town hall and stayed at Sani Beach Hotel organised through Thomson. Everything was absolutely perfect - hotel, wedding, staff etc.

I would definately recommend to anyone!

Louise
Tracy
September 13, 2005 02:57PM
hi there, my partner and I have just booked our wedding for the sani beach club in May 2006 with our two children, family and friends, and we are to get married at Kassandria town hall, the hotel sounds fantastic from what I have read on this site but what is the town hall like?. If anyone could send a photo or give a good description I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

Tracy
Tracy
September 13, 2005 02:58PM
hi there, my partner and I have just booked our wedding for the sani beach club in May 2006 with our two children, family and friends, and we are to get married at Kassandria town hall, the hotel sounds fantastic from what I have read on this site but what is the town hall like?. If anyone could send a photo or give a good description I'd really appreciate it.
Thanks

Tracy
sheila smith
September 15, 2005 08:46PM
im getting married there in 2 weeks time ill thry and get back 2 u when we get back!
sarah
October 12, 2005 08:14PM
hi there we are thinking of choosing halkidiki as our wedding destination could you tell us any details about the town hall and what it is like as a wedding venue?
thanks
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login