Hanioti

Hanioti

Posted by Amy 
Amy
Hanioti
April 30, 2003 06:36PM
Me and my boyfriend are going to hanioti on the 17th of July.

We are both 18, and wondering if anyone else our age will be there at the time who might want to meet up!
daniel
Re: Hanioti
May 05, 2003 10:20AM
hi ive been 2 hanioti before in 2002 in may, i stopped at the hotel olympic kosma and its dead clean and nice were going again this year 2 the same hotel but in september they say its meant 2 be hotter in september i carnt wait 2 go again.

my email is porkeeee@hotmail.com
Amy
May 05, 2003 10:41AM
how old are you? go to any good pubs or anything that you could recommend?
daniel
May 05, 2003 10:50AM
hey amy, there is loads of bars and cheap eating places there, the people there are friendly. there is loads of music bars around the square and if ur lucky u may see dolphins in the sea. on the beach there is loads of different water sports.
Mark ( Daniels dad )
May 05, 2003 11:39AM
hello
Hanioti is a great place , plenty of cheap bars and places to eat , for real holiday reports of Hanioti go to this site [www.holidaysuncovered.co.uk]
Tony
May 05, 2003 01:14PM
Hello,

A party of nine of us are staying in the Angelo apts from 10th july to 24th (five adults and four kids) Where are the best beaches, pubs and is there much choice for veggies in the restaurants. Also are cigarettes cheaper at the airport and is the cash machine likely to work?
Wendy
May 06, 2003 10:19AM
Tony
I will be there until 14th July... I have been in contact with somebody who has been really helpful, lots for kids to do, i was worried my son, age 12 would get bored, but there is also a water park in Thessalonki.

There are 2 ATM's, i am taking that chance too.

Maybe I will see you around the square, it can't possibley be that big.
How old are your children?
Amy
May 06, 2003 04:40PM
i've got the whole family talking to me now eh?

=o)

*counting down the days till her holiday*
Amy
May 06, 2003 04:40PM
i've got the whole family talking to me now eh?

=o)

*counting down the days till her holiday*
Amy
May 06, 2003 04:41PM
oops didn't mean to post that twice...
Tony
May 06, 2003 08:50PM
hello Wendy,

The kids in question aren't actually mine, I'm going with my fiance and her sisters and their respective families, but as far as I can remember they are about 15, 10, 7 and 6. We should be fairly distinguishable around the square - just listen for the noise. Where are you staying?

Tony
Tony
May 06, 2003 08:54PM
Hello again Wendy,

Read through another topic called Hanioti and noticed that you (at least I assume its you) said you had been in contact with someone who had given you a list of all the best bars - are you going to share them with us?

Tony
Wendy
May 07, 2003 10:13AM
Tony
I am staying at the Hilltop Hotel in Hanioti. It is literally on a hill, but hey, all the rooms have a sea view so i am not complaining.

Here are the best bars according to my sources....

Restaurants - Lesse, Gustos, Spriros, Bahalo, some rooftop ones in the square (don't know names), and two take aways called, The Aussie down under for the biggest spuds ever and delicious fillings, Zorbas, Tropicana Steakhouse, and best of all, Kostas for a chicken kebab, its a take away but supposed to be great value for money, and his beers are the cheapest in the resort. There are some Chinese restaurants in the Square also which are supposedly quite good.

There are loads and loads ... apparantely enough to eat somewhere differently every night for two weeks. The ones i have named above are the ones that got mentioned the most.

Hope this helps Tony, i will listen out for you.

Wendy
Helen
May 07, 2003 03:02PM
Hi,

We stayed in at the Angelo Apt's last year in May and are going back to Hanioti again next week, this time to the Olympic Kosmas.

It's not often I'll go back to the same place twice, but we loved Hanioti. It's lively but not too loud or 'clubby'. There's a lovely restaurant (just off the square as you walk down to the church) called The Garden, offering traditional Greek food.

The nicest bars are the ones set around the square and the Waikiki Bar (which is on the way back to Angelos) is open quite late.

Bit of advice, don't get too excited about the market at Kassandra - we went by local bus, which was an adventure in itself as the driver seemed to be asleep for most of the journey! The market is mainly fruit and veg and clothes, not ideal if your'e looking for souveniers.

If anyone needs any more info. feel free to email me. I work in the travel industry if I don't know the answer, I'll do my best to find out!
Wendy
May 07, 2003 03:06PM
So there is a church? Do you know, do the Greeks do mass on a Sunday like us? Silly kind of question, but my mother is a churchgoer and would like to attend a Greek mass.
Tony
May 07, 2003 07:53PM
Did I dream it or did I read somewhere that there was a chill out bar on the beach that was candlelit with lights shining out to sea on the night. It will probably be dead expensive but sounds quite pleasant for a one off night. Can anyone confirm this for me? Also any veggies with any ideas of Greek specialities would be a great help as I get sick of Pizzas and pasta every night.
adam
May 08, 2003 09:19AM
Hi,

me & my girlfriend are goin 2 Hanioti on the 18th June for 2 weeks, does nebody know of any gud bars or places 2 go??? Also r there any other young couples or singles goin about the same time???
Amy
May 08, 2003 03:07PM
me and my boyfriend are going on the 17th for a week!
Amy
May 08, 2003 03:08PM
wait no... didnt read that right.. we're going in July
Pauline Collings
May 08, 2003 04:19PM
Hello Helen

Just noticed your comments about working in the travel industry - could be useful as I am off to Hanioti on 22 May 03 for 2 weeks - can't wait!!! We are staying at the Macedonia Sky Apartments - do you know anything about these? Also, is there anything there to entertain a 3 year old? Any information you may have about the resort would be most welcome. Many thanks.

Pauline
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login