ade
Re: im board
September 06, 2005 05:40PM
The thing is we go on thursday 8th Sept
We wont have time to be sent anything
Jane
September 06, 2005 06:08PM
Maps of Halkidiki are readily available at most shops, especially the ones that sell English newspapers.

Really all you need to do is look at a general map of the area and note the places you think look interesting. The peninsula is ringed by a road, so you can drive all the way round without getting lost. The roads that go over the mountains are perhaps better for four wheel drive vehicles, but the one that goes over from Skioni to Hanioti is fine for all cars, although it has some narrow bends without barriers.

Really you can manage without a map in general. You can drive all the way round in about an hour.

Places of interest if you hire a car are

Skioni - natural fishing harbour and nice Greek town, with a fairly sandy beach and lots of sea front tavernas

Paliori a lovely really Greek village, doesnt get too full of tourists in the daytime, although I think they do a Greek evening, but never been to that)

Hanioti lively tourist type village with lots of eateries, places to drink etc

Kriopigi - lovely village, set mainly on the main road so can be a bit noisy in high season, but now should be fine. There are a couple of tavernas in the old square up the hill, and of course visit our friends at The Sweet Coffee Shop for crepes, toasties etc. Nice beach, but down a steep hill, not so bad if you are driving

Pefkohori - old village square is nice, lots of shops and tavernas, nice narrow beach with sand.

Afitos - although we have not been here for a while apparently it is still a nice real Greek village not ruined by touristy type things.

Loutra - at end of peninsula. Has a new spa building which should now be open. Villa Stasa nearby, signs point the way, is a nice Greek taverna with not too many tourists finding it, just Greeks and those in the know. Superb views of the sea, and you can even walk down the steps to the sea and swim off the rocks before you eat.

Kassandra is the main town for locals to shop. Has a market once a week, think it is on Thur? Not very exciting, but the market is quite good with lots of fruit, veg, shoes, clothes etc.

There is also Fourka, which is a flat area popular with lots of holidaymakers, but not me ! Kallithea, a very busy and tourist town, and therefore very expensive to eat and drink there. Polichrono, but I have only been down to the sea, so cant offer any advice on there.

Loads of places to explore. Enjoy yourself. I have probably missed some places, but I am sure others will reply too.
Ade
September 06, 2005 06:28PM
thanks
Sharron Nance
Morfi & sakis
July 25, 2006 06:33PM
Hi Jane

Hope you can help

have been trying to email Morfi & Sakis but email address ihave is not working we have been to halkidiki for the last 10 years or so. Remeber when sakis and Morfi worked with Morfi brother George.

Any how if you could help I would appreciate it as there GLUKO CAFE is below some apartments and I am looking for accomodation in October but cant find details and i am bored of surfing the internet.

Regards Sharron
Re: Kriopigi information
July 25, 2006 07:55PM
Sharon, their email is not working properly. I can give you Morfy and Sakis phone numbers mobile, and also shop if you want. Let me have your email address as I dont want to post on the site.

I could send via the site, but last time I tried this to Kerrie she never got the message

Cheers
Jane

ps I bet you could rent an apartment at Siviris where we went too if he is there til end Oct
terry
August 22, 2006 06:46AM
can anybody tell me if the fires in halkidiki have affected kriopigi, we are due to arrive there on thursday p.m. would appreciate any info, need to know what to expect!
August 22, 2006 06:54AM

The fires have effected the areas from pefkohori to polychrono, not as far as kriopigi, as far as I know. Best to speak to your tour operators.

August 22, 2006 09:51AM
Thank God !!
The fires in halkidiki have NOT affected Kriopigi at all !!

Since first light 10 firefighting planes and three helicopters have been airborne, making continuous sorties to pick up water in the Gulf of Kassandra.

The fire is now "being brought under control and people are being allowed back into the area".

Sakis
Kriopigi

terry
August 22, 2006 10:40AM
Our tour operator says that the flight on thursday has not been cancelled. It seems that kriopigi has not been affected, so far, we have decided to go ahead with our holiday so see you on thursday night all being well. take care everybody.
Casablanca sports bar
September 01, 2006 03:45PM
JUST TO INFORM EVERYONE THAT WE WILL BE SHOWING ALL THE FOOTBALL IN ENGLISH COMMENTRY ON SAT 2 TVs PROJECTOR SCREENING ,...COME EARLY TO AVOID DISAPOINTMENT THANKS TONY
September 04, 2006 06:58PM
been to kriopigi,hanioti and pethcohori over the last few years,i love it around there,jumping off the jetty at pethcohori is fantastic.must say met a great lunatic from kiriopigi 3 years ago,he had a restaurant[last one on the right as you went out of the village].his name was tolly.going back there on 14th so will give him a call to see if he is still there.when we stayed at the apartments above the restaurant i asked him what i should tell the taxi drivers when i had to get one back to the village,he said just say you want 'malaka'don't know if that is how it is spelt but i knew not to ask that.he made the holiday brilliant.great place for a holiday ,great people .
September 04, 2006 09:00PM
Dave what was his restaurant called?I've only been there for years but can't place the restaurant you're on about!!!!!Was it opposite a bar called woodrock?If so then he's not there anymore,come to mention it......neither is woodrock!!!!!!! if that's the wrong guy then i'm lost lol!!!!!!

smiling smiley
September 06, 2006 07:58PM
kerry,don't know what it was called.it was opposite ZORBAS.he let everyone serve them selves and settle up at the end of the session.i will let you know in 2 weeks time.i took my son and daughtr there last year'may'and he made them feel as if they were his kids.
i offered to leave them there but he said no.it was the last place out of the village as you went towards hanioti.great place.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login