Kriopigi information

Kriopigi information

Posted by John and family 
Kerry
Re: Kassandra Bay Hotel
July 28, 2005 06:10PM
Emma.
Can't help on your hotel but can tell you that you should find something to eat,most places do stuffed peppers(with or without the meat)& the salads are lovely,take it you don't eat fish either???if you do then there are lovely fresh fish dishes & not very Greek but a good option if all else fails is pizza.Most restaurants should be quite accomodating & nearly all of them offer a vegetarian selection.Kalithea's brilliant,busy with lots of shops,bars & "clubs"!Bars in Kriopigi are good.Casablanca,Ostria,Classic & Cream all do good measures & wicked cocktails or go to Googlers & have a Googlers special cocktail.Have you looked on www.holidaysexposed.com & www.holidaysuncovered.com for reviews on your hotel?
Maggi Taylor
Re: Debbie and Anthony
August 04, 2005 03:19PM
Hi Debbie,

I dont suppose you are the Debbie I am looking for, but trying to find out if my good friends Debs and Anthony from Pillars have an email address that I can write to them on.
We send cards each xmas and ring each other once a year, but thought they may have an email they have not given me.
Would you please be good enough to ask them for me. You can tell them its Maggi from Spain.
Many thanks,
MT
Kerry
August 04, 2005 06:53PM
Maggi..........yes the Debs on here is the one you want,Pillars is now Googlers internet cafe/bar,Anthony runs Casablanca bar.Debs has only set her e-mail up this year,not sure how she'd feel about me putting her e-mail on here so just in case if you want to e-mail me on kerrylloyd21@hotmail.com i'll gladly give it to you that way.x
debbiediamandis@hotmail.com
August 05, 2005 03:25PM
hello Maggi, how very nice that youve found us . PILLARS RESTAURANT ..has now become GOOGLERS INTERNET/ MULTI-SPACE... sorry no more wonderful food anymore , we are a space bar,offering internet, slot machines,air hockey,football,billiards& ahuge Bouncy castle for families wanting to enjoy a drink while thier children play ,or teens can play on a different level floor pool & air hockey ,just to give them their independance and yet not to far away from parents too.. Anthony NOW runs a theme bar called CASABLANCA... remember play it again SAM ... with all the hats & wigs.. well it all went futher than that and he had to move with the times party nights hit kriopigi in a big way (casablanca is at the traffic lights just by the apartment you stayed demitri;s)... i;m telling you just incase you fancy popping over for a little ouzo&lemonade... we would love to see you so try to pull yourself away from that beautiful villa there in spain and vist us here .. my e-mail is above so you can contact me . debbie xxxx
John and family
August 12, 2005 02:01PM
Arh ...... nearly there
only 13 days left to go
Kerry
Re: Kriopigi
August 12, 2005 05:36PM
Have a lovely time John & family & i'm not at all jealous!!!!!!!!!!!hahaha
Dave
Re: Kriopigi Kassandra Bay Hotel
August 12, 2005 09:12PM
Hi, We are staying at Kassandra Bay Hotel for a cheapy week late September (19) 2005 is it worth getting a taxi from the Airport also any ideas on cost. Would also consider private hire limo as a treat - I hate tour bus trips via all the other hotels. Appreciate any info and tips for best places. many thanks
Dave Raven
Kerry
Re: Kriopigi Kassandra Bay Hotel
August 13, 2005 06:24AM
Hi Dave.....i always get a taxi to & from the airport because i don't do package holidays,you might be pushed to get a limo though,don't think i've ever seen one over there haha!There's no need to book a taxi in advance as there is a big taxi rank outside the airport (just follow the swarms of people going for coaches but turn left as they turn right)You're looking at about 50-55 euros each way,some drivers will try & charge you more or quote you more but they all run on meters anyway so keep your eye on that & it should come to roughly the price i've said!Hope that's of some use,anything else just ask.
Pam
Re: Kriopigi information
August 13, 2005 09:41AM
Hi John and Family,

we're off to the alkion on the 8th september so would be grateful of any feedback when you get home. Have a great holiday.
Pam
Dave
Re: Kriopigi information
August 13, 2005 12:50PM
Thanks for the info Kerry that is really useful. Think I used the wrong terminology with "Limo" was thinking more private hire. Taxi sounds great and Sue and I will be there on 19 Sept.

Sincere thanks again

Dave
Roger Norman
Kriopigi Walking
August 13, 2005 01:01PM
Going to the Alkion for 2 weeks from 1st September, this is our first visit to this area of Greece.

Is there any walking possible into the surrounding countryside, we are 2 moderately fit 61 year olds. Anyone know of any guide books, maps, sources of advice locally?

Thanks in advance

Roger
Kerry
Re: Kriopigi Walking
August 13, 2005 05:13PM
Dave ...it was very early when i read the post so i probably mis understood it anyway haha(damn night shifts!!!!!)The taxi's are very comfortable,mostly Mercs so you'll get there in comfort!...Roger...yes there is walking,lovely places to walk to too,if you are staying at the Alkion then a walk up through the village of Kriopigi is nice & you can walk to Kassandria that way too & the other resorts are walkable to,ask at your hotel if they have a map to plan your walks,if they don't i'm sure they'll be able to tell you where to get one or have a look for one of the AA pocket guides or the rough guide books,these usually have maps & all the info you need.
John and family
Kriopigi
August 16, 2005 01:40PM
Pam
going for 2 weeks from the 25th aug and so get back when you are going
i will drop a note from there if i have time and give you some details
anyone else going to the alkion from 25th Aug ?
Iulia
August 17, 2005 02:30PM
In 7 days me and my husband will be at Kassandra Pallace Hotel,which is a 4 stars hotel...as they say.I've red the reviews from TripAdvisor and holidaysuncovered.com, and some people say that it's not even 2 stars.That's nothing we can do now,as we already payed and we cannot change anything now.
Today I was looking on internet to see again were we are going....and accidently I've seen the same picture at Kassandra Palace Hotel as at Kassandra Inn Hotel(which is a 2 stars hotel).They are both in the same place,but the rooms are different...of course at 2 stars, no AC and who knows how many "no"s...
Now our probleme is ...wich one is the hotel? I'm wondering if those who wrote that the hotel is about 2 stars even if they payed a 4 stars hotel,maybe they were placed in those rooms which belong to Kassandra Inn ,not Kassandra Pallace....I am really very confused .
So..please help me! If anyone of you has been there please tell me how is there and how do I get what I've payed for....Please!

P.S.: please excuse my English.
Iulia
August 18, 2005 09:17AM
In 7 days me and my husband will be at Kassandra Pallace Hotel,which is a 4 stars hotel...as they say.I've red the reviews from TripAdvisor and some people say that it's not even 2 stars.That's nothing we can do now,as we already payed and we cannot change anything now.
Today I was looking on internet to see again were we are going....and accidently I've seen the same picture at Kassandra Palace Hotel as at Kassandra Inn Hotel(which is a 2 stars hotel).They are both in the same place,but the rooms are different...of course at 2 stars, no AC and who knows how many "no"s...
Now our probleme is ...wich one is the hotel? I'm wondering if those who wrote that the hotel is about 2 stars even if they payed a 4 stars hotel,maybe they were placed in those rooms which belong to Kassandra Inn ,not Kassandra Pallace....I am really very confused .
So..please help me! If anyone of you has been there please tell me how is there and how do I get what I've payed for....Please!

P.S.: please excuse my English.
nicole
im board
August 25, 2005 07:59AM
hay peoplz im realy board iv never heard of a plae called kurripigi or sumptin can a nice guy thats 13 plz tell me about it xxoo thanx wb to me plz
sharron
Re: im board
September 05, 2005 05:36PM
i cant wait for this trip (also going on sept 8th) this resort seems perfect for the peace and quiet i crave at the minute. i just hope this aparthotel live up to its 'reputation'.

anyone know what the weather is like.
Kerry
September 05, 2005 07:48PM
Sharron.....yes Kriopigi is perfect for peace & quiet,you have the busier resorts nearby if you want noise.Afitos is also worth a visit if you like nice quiet "proper" Greek places.
Ade
September 06, 2005 05:32PM
Does anyone know how to get a map of kriopigi or even halkidiki
Pam
September 06, 2005 05:38PM
Hi there, i went on line to the greek tourist board (GNTO) and requested maps and booklets etc.of halikidiki and the surrounding area and they sent load of stuff for free!!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login