Oh and what are the prices like?
food/beer/taxis
and while we're on the subject of money are there atms available here as well
thanks for any info
mr forgetfull
Kezzybabes
Re: Kriopigi information
June 13, 2005 01:47PM
Hi....never stayed at the Alkion but have only ever heard very good things about them & have visited the pool/bar area which is really nice with a good sized pool.They;re a good way down the hill to the beach (steep hill to the beach but there's a mini bus service & a little "train" that takes you up & down)Seeing as you've got kids(what ages?)you will probably need to hire a car (or get bus,very cheap)if they're teens because Kriopigi as beautiful as it is is one of the quietest & smallest resorts so a visit or 2 may be in order to the busier resorts,,it's a lovely little village but if they're small then there is an internet cafe opened this year with a kids play area.No atm's last year,doubt it this year haha but there are in Kalithea,Hanioti,Polichrono etc which are all pretty nearby by car or bus.There's a good selection of feeding & watering holes but high recomendations go to Akropolis for food & Casablanca bar for drinks & there are a few lovely little places to eat actualy up in the village,oh & there's the crepe shop,does savoury & sweet ones with coffee's & drinks,very filling,very nice & very reasonable plus a selection of fast food places(gyros are a must,like our kebabs but smaller & a lot nicer with chunks of proper meat,chips & salad)there are other restaurants & bars so it's a case of personal taste,just go for a wander & see where grabs you.I'm off to Kriopigi in 2 & half weeks so i'll update you when i get back but i know Sakis from Akropolis uses this site so he may be able to help regarding this years prices!Hope that's helped a bit.x
Jane
June 13, 2005 01:59PM
Hi, we went to Alkion last year as we got a cheap deal last minute and we had been there for drinks etc with our Greek friends many times as their friends own it. We were very pleased with it. The rooms are lovely, the staff are really friendly and although it is not near the beach the pool area is lovely and you can laze on your chairs overlooking the bay below.

As for food in Kriopigi, go with all Kezzybabes says. The crepe shop is called Gluko Cafe and is owned by our Greek friends Morfy and Sakis. They are very friendly and the food and drinks are excellent and good value.

Enjoy your stay, like Kezzy I will get back to you with prices when we return in mid July.
John and family
June 13, 2005 02:23PM
thanks for the quick replies
just wondered about evening entertainment as well (kids are 13 & 4 btw)
heard about the akropolis on saturday night ..... sounds great but what about through the week?
hope you have a good time there and looking forward to your replies when you return
regards
John and Irene
Jane
June 13, 2005 02:29PM
Hi, I think they do quizzes some evenings, and there were various other bits like a BBQ. We didnt join in as we were EXPECTED to arrive at our friends cafe at least once a day/night !! We went there as we got a cheap deal, we usually, like this year, buy our flight and stay with, again, friends of friends ! But we really thought the Alkion was nice. It was very clean and we had a super large balcony over looking the sea. The pool was very clean. There seemed to be lots of children there at the pool when we went, but as we dont have children we stayed at the quieter end of the garden ! We would certainly go again if we could get a good deal. Unfortunately for us, if we got cheap flights and then booked there it would be more expensive than a package.

I am sure you will find something to entertain the children.
Kezzybabes
June 13, 2005 02:31PM
Don't know what your hotel will offer as regards eve entertainment but apart from the Akropolis then there really isn't much but your rep may well have things on offer(i never do package hols so not too "up" on what the reps have arranged)it really is a small place,maybe a few nights out in Hanioti would be good as there is the Hotel Angelo there & they do Kareoke,bingo,stuff like that but like i say,see what your rep has on offer,they usually have a few decent nights out arranged.Again..i'll be better informed in a few weeks.
lyn
June 20, 2005 03:21PM
Please help !
Just booked a holiday to greece (1st timer)going on 14th just for a week, staying at Alkion Aporthotel (hotel Alkiom) has anybody else stayed here and could give me some details of hotel and places to go in and around the area, also day trips that you could recommend, we are a couple late 30s and EARLY 40s (yes l have a toy boy lol) and no kids for a week !

Hope someone can help me !
Thanks
Lyn
Kerry
June 20, 2005 09:36PM
Perfect resort for couples as not much to do for kids.The Alkion is lovely,about half way down the hill to the beach though so i wouldn't recomend high shoes but your hotel will call for a taxi to the top if you ask.Nice hotel,great staff,really nice pool area & a well stocked pool bar.All the trips & places to eat & drink are listed in the posts above & you're not far from the busier resorts if you want a change of pace.
Lizzie
June 21, 2005 08:04AM
Hi everyone - am going to Kriopigi three weeks tomorrow with my fella (we are so excited!!!!!!!). Have done the Greek islands before but never the mainland. We are staying at the Kassandra Bay. Does anyone have any info on the hotel? Have looked at holidaysuncovered.co.uk and read some nice things, but that was last year, and you know how things can change.............!!! Thanks, Lizzie
Kerry
June 21, 2005 09:02AM
Lizzie....don't know what it's like this year but if the reviews you've read have been good then things still will be as things change for the better over there haha,only ever heard good reports about it & if i remember rightly you're in a nice location because you're part way between Kriopigi(quiet,peaceful & pretty) & Polichrono(bit busier,few more bars & shops etc)
Lizzie
June 21, 2005 09:18AM
Hi Kerry
thank you ever so much for that. Will report when we get back.
Kerry
June 21, 2005 10:18AM
You're welcome........i'll be in Kriopigi when you're there,i'm going 30th - 14th if you end up in Casablanca bar you'll find me at the bar with a voddy n coke!!!!Have a lovely holiday.
Cheryl
June 21, 2005 05:58PM
More like you'll find Kerry under the bar with a voddy & coke!!!
Kerry
June 21, 2005 09:26PM
Yeah & an Alb.................naah quite enough information eh Cheryl?!?Will not be under the bar...................................well not until about 6a.m & we all know which bar i'll be under haha (for the simple reason that i'll probably have lost all use of my legs by then haha)Anyway don't be mean or i'll set Tolis on you,he can come & growl at you for a change!!!!!!!!!xxxxx
Lizzie
June 22, 2005 09:57AM
Hi Kerry, we fly out on the 12th, so if I see you in there i'll treat you to a big one (drink that it!). Look for the French guy with a dodgy beard, he's with me! (bless him). Have a good time. Lizzie
Kerry
June 22, 2005 11:10AM
Hi Lizzie..........your fellas "dodgy" beard won't stand out much there i'm afraid haha but will look out for you regardless.Take no notice of Cheryl,she'll get me a reputation of a vodka swilling maniac if she carries on which just isn't true hahaha.See you there.x
john and family
June 28, 2005 07:23AM
any updates appreciated
thx
Pam
June 30, 2005 04:00PM
Hi there, my husband and I are going to Kriopigi for the first time in September and really looking forward to it. Can someone tell me how far it is from the airport and is it worth hiring a car from the airport or just do the transfer thing with your rep?
kev
July 01, 2005 10:17AM
It is a quiet resort, exellent pubs and restaurants, especially the Akropolis run by the Manolos family, they love kids, and run brillint greek nights.
For a bit more to do visit the 2 towns either side of kriopagi, cheap taxis costing around £5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login