Afitos

CATHERINE
Re: Afitos And Friends Made!!
June 27, 2005 07:58PM
KERRY..........HAVE BEEN IN TOUCH WITH KEITH TONIGHT, VIA HIS E.MAIL. FAR TOO LONG TO POST ON THIS SITE!! BUT IF ANYONE WANTS THE INFO, AND THERE WAS LOTS OF IT, THEN LET ME OR KEITH KNOW.

HAPPY HOLS IN AFITOS EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CATHERINE.x
Kerry
June 27, 2005 09:02PM
Cheers Catherine,i'm sure i'll have a lovely time,really hope you don't think i've been ignorant not mailing but have been busy & now preparing for my hols.Would be interested in knowing which places you recomend as it's a few years since i last went to Afitos & will probably only be visiting once or twice this time round.Will make sure i take lots of pics to post in my album.xxx
keith
June 27, 2005 09:24PM
Catherine

Thx for all that, really appreciate the time and trouble. If anyone wants info on India, Bali, Kenya, Maldives, Thailand etc then do try me - one good turn deserves another.

rgds
keith
July 04, 2005 09:27PM
Tips appreciated pls on boat trips, walks etc from Afitos. And which was your favourite restaurant/bar in Afitos and why?
July 23, 2005 04:46PM
keith
Re: Afitos
July 24, 2005 07:10PM
Just back from a week in Afitos. Thanks to all the contributors on here for providing useful pre-trip info. Thanks too to Catherine for her email of useful info - and yep Catherine we did pop along and say hi to your sister Maria.

For those who've not been to Afitos before, it's a lovely quiet and unspoilt village - having not been to Greece for about 20 years it was good to find somewhere still typically Greek.

We stayed at the Zeus and this was a good base. Couldn't do justice to all the bars and restaurants in the space of a week but service and food were good everywhere. Really enjoyed the octopus at Christos - we went there twice and confirm other reports on here it's a really friendly taverna.

Best tip from us is to make yourself at home at the cocktail bar opposite the pizza place and mid-way between the pharmacy and the church square. All-day happy hour for 3.50 euro's for the biggest cocktails and friendliest service makes it a must. Yammas!
Kerry
July 25, 2005 05:51AM
Glad you had a good hols Keith.Catherine i also popped in to say hi to Maria........was v surprised when she knew who i was haha unfortunately didn't make it on her birthday but at least i did see her.Saw Sharon too,she's not changed a bit.Had a good nosey round unfortunately didn't see Christos or George.....(i say unfortunately but probably fortunately for me haha).x
Tony Pilkington
May 05, 2006 06:13PM
Hi All
Christos has had that resturant for a few years now, We have been going to Afitos for 13 years mostly staying at Vrachos, bit further up then lenny's Good old fashioned greek food is to be had at Spiro's on the crossroads across from the bread shop. He is very friendly and cheap
Tony
May 05, 2006 06:44PM
Hi everyone im getting all nostalgic reading your comments. wish i was back there now. i have posted pics on this site they were there the other day and not now. or at least i cant find any pics! any clues guys? and Kez I'm sooooooooooooo jealous - not long to go now hey love! bet you are counting down the days!
May 05, 2006 10:44PM
Hello Tony...how are you ?I am vasillis from afitos(your taxidriver). when i ll see you at the village?
Happy holidays in afitos everyone,,,,,

www.taxihalkidiki.eu
May 11, 2006 05:20PM
This is the taxi company. very good web site of their own.
May 11, 2006 09:52PM
Thank you for your kindliness Maria!

vasillis

www.taxihalkidiki.eu
DaveS
July 26, 2006 12:08PM
Don't anyone be tempted by this. There are thousands of these, they are scams.
vm
July 26, 2006 12:52PM
yes , I must agree to you Dave,
people on this forum, do NOT get impressed by this kind of letters. do stay fos=cus on our lovely Halkidiki.
Long live Afitos !!!
Alexm
July 26, 2006 11:49PM
we're planing on visiting with my mates afytos this weekend and spend the entire week exploring chalkidiki's outstanding beaches....any suggestions?
vm
July 27, 2006 05:59AM
while in afytos, try to eat at a restaurant called "Sousourada".
Christa
August 04, 2006 08:13AM
Hi Angela,

What were the Filoxenia Apartments like? I'm thinking of going there next year as they look lovely in the brochure, but it mentions that there might be noise from the nearby main road. How bad was the noise?

Thanks,
Angela
August 26, 2006 10:19AM
Hi Christa

The Filoxenia are nice clean apartments, the noise from the road is OK, the only downside is that if you are going in July/August the do not have air con but you can hire fans from the owner who is really friendly and helpful. The owners husband and son are taxi drivers and the son (Billy) recognised us this year when he picked us up at the airport. If you want anymore info about the apartments just ask
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login