Afitos

Afitos

Posted by Kirsty 
Kezzybabes
Re: Staying in Afitos
April 12, 2005 05:27PM
P.S sorry,evidently i've been a bit of a spanner about the photo album!!!!!!!on the main forum page where all the topics are listed there's a banner at the top advertising a hotel,to the left of it there's a square that quite plainly says....."been to Halkidiki?upload your photo's & create your e-album" in a flashing styley!!!!!Makes it much simpler than having to put the addy in search engine,soz Kirsty,not sure how i missed that lol!!! smiling smiley
kirsty
April 13, 2005 09:38AM
I have to admit that it took me ages to notice the photo album bit - I read all the posts and looked for the link but couldn't find it. finally realised what had been blinking away at me...doh!

Does Sharon have a sister who works in Afitos? I vaguely remember that she was related to another Brit. It might have been her husband's brother's wife? So I guess that'd make it her sister in law? Too much ouzo has led to lack of brain cells...can't remember!

Was remembering v embarrassing moment in restaurant. Was sat there at lunchtime writing postcards. Mentioned in the one to my friend how gorgeous the waiter was (although with hindsight he wasn't really - I blame that on the sunshine making him look better!) The waiter in question used to sit and chat with me when the place was quiet so he came over and started reading the postcards....and understood written english perfectly. Like a chump I just thought he could speak it - not read and write it. Think I was judging him by my standards! Major blushing on my part and puffed out chest on his...
Kezzybabes
April 13, 2005 09:55AM
Oooh done it mate,had a v nice night with a barman when i was working there one year & was writing letter to my bestest bud telling her all about it & he read that (didn't realise he'd been standing behind me,reading it over my shoulder!!)he loved it of course,good job i was being complimentary lol!!! smiling smiley Not sure on the Sharon sister/in law thing.It must be Sharon you know but it's been a few yrs since i've seen her as i've not ventured to Afitos on last few visits so i'm not certain but yeah it could well be!Listen if you wanna e-mail me privately i don't mind.....up to you .It's kerrylloyd21@hotmail.com
Kezzybabes
April 14, 2005 11:56AM
MICHAEL MICHAEL.WHERE FOR ART THOU MICHAEL?????????????????????????????????????????????? smiling smiley
Kezzybabes
April 14, 2005 12:06PM
Kirsty.........i think we scared him.Perhaps he fell down Lenny's steps OR down one of the dig holes!!!!!!!!!!!!!x
Joe
April 14, 2005 12:17PM

Kezzybabes do you just come on and talk to yourself on this website?????
Kezzybabes
April 15, 2005 06:27AM
Yeah.It looks less suspect than sitting on a bus talking to myself!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No i talk to anyone that wants to ask a question about Halkidiki,i'm presuming you had one about Afitos considering you came onto this thread!?!?!?!?!
kirsty
April 15, 2005 10:04AM

Do you think maybe we could ask the government for some funding so that we can go to Halkidiki to make sure Michael's OK? A kind of rescue mission...which sad to say might involve checking all the local bars and restaurants to see if he's there. I think it's only fair...
Kezzybabes
April 15, 2005 06:16PM
Good idea,i think we should look into it lol!Can't see any reason for objection can you?i mean it's not like we'd be getting any pleasure from going into bars n restaurants serching for him for a month or so is it?????????
Angela
May 07, 2005 04:40PM
Hi Kirsty if you do go to Afitos you will find Christos now has his own taverna which is the old Harris taverna (excellant food and service). Lenny was still at the bar on the rocks last year . Sharon still works at Susies. We are looking forward to seeing them all in a few weeks time. If you do go try bar paralis for a quiet drink (come out of the old harris taverna , turn right towards the main road it is opposite a supermarket and is covered by vines) .
Kezzybabes
May 08, 2005 06:59AM
Nice to know that Sharon's still there & Lenny.....bless him!Has Harris moved or closed??That place has moved a few times over the yrs,used to be in Kalithea didn't it?Have a lovely holiday (still got 7wks til i go!!!)
Angela
May 09, 2005 05:16PM
Harris is now called Christos and is owned by the waiter called Christos that used to work at To Perasma . Hope you have a good holiday (its 7 weeks till we go).
Kezzybabes
May 09, 2005 07:12PM
You have a fab holiday too,i'm a few resorts down from you but i'll be visiting Afitos to see if Sharon remembers me lol!!!It's been ages since i've seen her.I've seen Kirsty's pics of Christos & i know him from when he worked at Harris in Kalithea(if it's not him it's his twin!!!!!)in 97 i think it was.
CATHERINE
Re: Afitos And Friends Made!!
May 09, 2005 07:28PM
HELLO KIRSTY, AND ALL OTHER CORRESPONDENTS.

IN ANSWER TO ALL YOUR QUERIES REGARDING THE ENGLISH GIRLS THAT LIVE IN AFITOS...............

YES!! SHARON STILL LIVES THERE WITH HER HUSBAND COSTOS, AND THE NAME OF THE SHOP IS 'SUZIES ART'. (SUZIE IS THE MOTHER.) AS FOR THE OTHER ENGLISH GIRL THAT SOME OF YOU MENTIONED, SHE IS SHARONS SISTER- IN- LAW, MARIA.
SHE IS MARRIED TO COSTOS' BROTHER NASOS, AND THEY OWN THE OTHER SHOP JUST FURTHER DOWN, OPPOSITE THE SUPERMARKET, CALLED THE 'CORNER SHOP'.
HOW DO I KNOW ALL THIS?.......................
BECAUSE MARIA IS MY SISTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(AND SHE IS JUST WONDERFUL!!)

SO FOR ALL YOU AFITOS LOVERS, IF THERE IS ANYTHING YOU WANT TO KNOW THEN JUST ASK ME, AND I SHALL DO MY BEST TO HELP YOU OUT! (I CAN GO STRAIGHT TO THE HORSE MOUTH YOU SEE!)

I HAVE BEEN GOING TO AFITOS NOW FOR THE LAST 13 YEARS, AND FOR ME IT IS A PLACE OF TOTAL RELAXATION! SO MUCH SO, I DONT GO ANYWHERE ELSE!!

I HAVE RELATED A LOT TO ALL YOUR COMMENTS. ALL VERY AMUSING I MUST SAY.

AS FOR THE FLOODS, WELL, THAT PARTICULAR YEAR WAS NOTHING IF NOT FUNNY!! I REMEMBER IT SO WELL! IT IS ETCHED ON MY BRAIN! IT WAS SEPT/OCT 2000, AND WE HAD ALL TRAVELLED OVER FOR MY NEPHEWS CHRISTENING. IT WAS A GREAT WEEK! UNFORTUNATELY WE FORGOT THE WATERPROOFS AND WADERS!!! NO UMBRELLA COULD SAVE US THAT YEAR!! ONE NIGHT MY BROTHER HAD TO RESCUE A COACH LOAD OF OAP GERMANS WHO HAD JUST ARRIVED BY COACH. THE CORNER SHOP AREA WAS A RUNNING RIVER AND THE OLDIES DIDNT HAVE IT IN THEM TO VENTURE IN. SO MY BROTHER TOOK ON THE SKILLS OF A FIREMAN AND HAULED THEM ALL TO SAFETY. THERE WERE SOME SIGHTS I CAN TELL YOU.
IT WOULD BE NICE TO HEAR FROM ANYONE IF THEY WERE IN THE AREA AT THE TIME, AS IT WAS ONE OF THE BEST NIGHTS OF THE WEEK!! THE WHOLE VILLAGE PULLED TOGETHER. THE BIZARRE WEATHER MADE THE WHOLE WEEK ONE TO REMEMBER!! (HOW CAN ONE FORGET MONSOONS IN GREECE?!!!!)

HOWEVER, WE DID LOSE FAITH IN THE GREEK WEATHER FOR THAT TIME OF YEAR. SO WHEN IT CAME FOR MY SECOND NEPHEW TO BE CHRISTENED, SOME THREE YEARS LATER ( AGAIN SEPT/OCT') WE ALL WENT SO VERY PREPARED!! (NO ONE CARED ABOUT THE EXCESS LUGGAGE THAT YEAR!)
BUT IT WAS UNNESSASARY. THE THERMOMETRE HIT AN AVERAGE OF 70* EVERYDAY!! AND HAS CONTINUED TO DO SO EVERY YEAR SINCE!

SO DONT BE PUT OFF. AT PRESENT THE WEATHER IS VERY WARM INDEED!

AS FOR THE WAITERS IN AFITOS: I KNOW A FEW GEORGES, AND QUITE POSSIBLY KNOW OF THE ONE YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT. YOU SHALL HAVE TO GIVE ME A FEW MORE DETAILS. THE ONE I REMEMBER MOST TENDS TO WORK BETWEEN AFITOS AND KALLITHEA, DEPENDING ON HIS MOOD?!

WE MUST CHAT MORE. UNFORTUNATELY, I THINK I HAVE RAMBLED ON ENOUGH! SO I SHALL LEAVE IT HERE IN THE HOPE THAT WE CAN ALL TALK SOME MORE VERY SOON!

TAKE CARE EVERYONE
LOVE FROM
CATHERINE
XXXXXXXXX
AMBASSADOR OF AFITOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HA! HA!
Kezzybabes
May 10, 2005 07:30AM
What a post Catherine,reading about the monsoon made me laugh,it probably shouldn't but it did lol.I will do my best to pop & see Sharon when i'm there,she may not remember me but i'll pop in regardless as i love Afitos anyway.I don't think i know the same George Kirsty does...the one i know is George Panos......he works between Afitos & Kalithea,i know in he worked at Harris when it was in Kalithea & he worked the pool bar at the Rigas in Afitos before.
kirsty stokes
May 10, 2005 10:18AM
Catherine, I think I was in Afitos when the big flood happened. I went with my Mum, can't remember exactly but I think it was around the last week of the season in 2000. I felt a bit of an idiot as i'd told her about these charming waiters and the lovely weather etc. When we got there Christos and Vangelis were away doing National service for a couple of weeks and there was a monsoon. But still, we had a great time as everyone was as lovely as ever. I developed an aversion to apple pie after that holiday though as everytime we went to To Perasma we were given free apple pie. It was really nice of them but I still have nighmares involving giant aple pies!

I'm glad Christos has his own place, he worked so hard, I don't know how everyone manages to work so many long hours and still keep smiling. I think he said it was OK 'cos he slept all the time when the season was over. Is he still kickboxing? And has any female kept his attention long enough to marry him?

The George I met was a waiter in Haris, I think his surname is Panos as he sent me a card (with a jigsaw in it - I think they sell them in the shop on the opposite side of the road to the chemist) and I think he put George Panos with his return address. I'm still not sure why but it was very sweet of him. There was also a much younger boy who worked in Haris. He had a little sister and I think they lived opposite Haris. I seem to remember his Dad worked in Scandinavia somewhere but I can't recall his name. He was a really lovely kid though - although I guess he must be all grown up now.

Maria & Sharon must meet so many people that they won't remember me (not least 'cos I'm a bit of a porker compared to the size I was a few years ago!) but I remember them & would like to say thanks for the friendly face & taking the time to chat. It makes all the difference.

Does anyone know if there's still a rep for First Choice called Tracey working in the resort? She's 30 something and has long dark hair. Not much of a description I know...

I'll see if I can find some more photos tonight, might even have some from the bad weather, the streets running with water etc. Have definitely got one of George but i'm in it too and look like an idiot..will have to remove that bit!

xx
CATHERINE
May 10, 2005 07:37PM
HI KIRSTY!

JUST SPENT THE LAST 20 MINS WRITING TO YOU, KEZZY AND ANGELA!! ONLY TO GO AND LOSE MY INTERNET SERVICE, ALONG WITH MY NOVEL TO YOU ALL!! RATHER CHEESED OFF, I CAN SAY!

DONT HAVE TIME NOW TO FILL YOU ALL IN, AS I ADDRESSED EACH OF YOU INDIVIDUALLY, SO I SHALL HAVE TO KEEP IT SHORT NOW.

FIRSTLY, YOU WERE EXPERIENCING THE 'MONSOONS' AT THE SAME TIME AS US. WE SURELY MUST HAVE CROSSED PATHS SOMEWHERE? SOMEWHERE UNDERCOVER NO DOUBT!! HA!HA! HOPE IT WAS NOT TOO MUCH OF A BAD HOL FOR YOU? WE MADE THE MOST OF IT AND ENSURED A RISE IN PROFITS WHEN IT CAME TO THE BEER WE ALL DRANK!! LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU DID WITH YOUR TIME. APART FROM GETTING WET THAT IS!!

KEZZY: LOVED YOU PHOTOS!! THE ONE OF AFITOS BEACH IS THE SAME IMAGE I HAVE IN MY MIND WHEN I THINK OF THE PLACE. VERY IMPRESSED WITH ALL YOU SUBMITTED. YOU HAVE OBVIOUSLY TREAVELLED HE PENNINSULA WELL. WOULD YOU SAY AFITOS IS THE BEST OF THE VILLAGES OR NOT? WOULD LOVE YOUR COMMENTS.

ANGELA: COULDNT LEAVE YOU OUT! BUT BECAUSE YOU HAVNT RAMBLED ON LIKE THE K-GIRLS, I HAVE VERY LITTLE INPUT FOR YOU. I AM SORRY! ALL I CAN SAY IS, I WISH YOU A VERY HAPPY HOLIDAY, AND HOPE YOU HAVE THE BEST TIME!! LET ME KNOW ALL ABOUT IT UPON YOUR RETURN.

WELL GIRLS, IVE GOTTA GO, BUT I SHALL RETURN AND FILL YOU IN WITH WHAT I HAD INTENDED TO TELL YOU IN THE FIRST PLACE.

ALL OF YOU HAVE THE BEST TIME IN AFITOS, AND PLEASE REMEMBER TO SAY HELLO TO MY SISTER MARIA, IN THE CORNER SHOP, AND TO VISIT SHARON ALSO, AT SUZIES, JUST UP ABOVE. AND BY THE WAY, THEY ARE SISTER-IN-LAWS TO EACH OTHER!! AND IF ANY OF YOU HAPPEN TO BE THERE ON THE 2ND OF JULY, JUST WALK INTO THE CORNER SHOP AND WISH MARIA A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! NOW THAT WOULD BE GOOD!!
AND SHE WOULD JUST LOVE IT TOO!!

TAKE CARE GIRLS.
LOVE FROM
CATHERINE
XXXXXXXXX

PS: IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO CONTACT ME PRIVATELY YOU CAN DO SO BY E.MAIL....... BETTYBOOPACOOP@AOL.COM I LOOK FORWARD TO MORE CHATS!!
Kezzybabes
May 10, 2005 11:41PM
Hi again.....thanks for the comments on my pics....i have tons more,must get them on!Just to save me prattling in an e-mail (as Kirsty knows i can do only too well lol)for nothing,just wanted to check that your e-mail addy is actualy lower case!!!didn't want to write a rambling mail only to have it sent back to me because i've put wrong addy in lol.Let me know & i'll mail you asap.x
kirsty
May 11, 2005 08:53AM
hello....have added a few more photos, one is of George - is it the same guy you are thinking of Kerry?
Kezzybabes
May 11, 2005 12:58PM
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA OOPS!!!!!Just looked at pics Kirsty & nearly fell off me chair!!!!................yep that's George!Not a ladies man huh??????i'll fill you in on e-mail!!!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login