Afitos

Afitos

Posted by Kirsty 
CATHERINE
Re: Afitos
May 11, 2005 02:25PM
HI KERRY!

AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY, WITH AN EVEN BETTER NIGHT AHEAD!! HAVE FUN!!

JUST LOOKED AT KIRSTY'S PHOTOS.............AND IT IS GEORGE!! THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM HE WAS WORKING IN KALLITHEA. THAT WAS IN JULY 03. I WAS HAVING A DAY OUT WITH MY LITTLE NEPHEW WHEN HE SPOTTED US WALKING THROUGH THE CENTRE. DONT REMEMBER THE CAFE/RESTAURANT BUT IT WAS IN THE MAIN SHOPPING PRECINCT, WHERE ALL THE CAFE BARS ARE. DO YOU KNOW THE ONES I MEAN? ANYWAY HE WAS HIS CHATTY PLEASANT SELF. FOREVER SMILING AS HE DOES. HE EVEN SPOTTED MY MUM & DAD WHEN THEY WERE OUT THERE TOO. HE MUST JUST STAND AROUND HOPING TO SEE WHO HE KNOWS. THEN HE POUNCES!! HA! HA!
SO CHECK OUT KALLITHEA WHEN NEXT IN HALKIDIKI.

AS FOR MY E.MAIL ADDRESS I THINK IT IS ALL UPPER CASE? YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

WILL BE IN TOUCH AGAIN SOON.
ONCE AGAIN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LOVE FROM
CATHERINE
XXXXXXXXX

PS: HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO AMSTERDAM? WOULD LOVE YOUR VIEWS ON THAT. GOING IN FOUR WEEKS TIME. TA!
CATHERINE
HI KERRY!

AND A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU TOO!! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY, WITH AN EVEN BETTER NIGHT AHEAD!! HAVE FUN!!

JUST LOOKED AT KIRSTY'S PHOTOS.............AND IT IS GEORGE!! THE LAST TIME I SAW HIM HE WAS WORKING IN KALLITHEA. THAT WAS IN JULY 03. I WAS HAVING A DAY OUT WITH MY LITTLE NEPHEW WHEN HE SPOTTED US WALKING THROUGH THE CENTRE. DONT REMEMBER THE CAFE/RESTAURANT BUT IT WAS IN THE MAIN SHOPPING PRECINCT, WHERE ALL THE CAFE BARS ARE. DO YOU KNOW THE ONES I MEAN? ANYWAY HE WAS HIS CHATTY PLEASANT SELF. FOREVER SMILING AS HE DOES. HE EVEN SPOTTED MY MUM & DAD WHEN THEY WERE OUT THERE TOO. HE MUST JUST STAND AROUND HOPING TO SEE WHO HE KNOWS. THEN HE POUNCES!! HA! HA!

AS FOR MY E.MAIL ADDRESS I THINK IT IS ALL UPPER CASE? YOUR GUESS IS AS GOOD AS MINE!!!!!!!! GOOD LUCK!

ONCE AGAIN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LOVE FROM
CATHERINE
XXXXXXXXX

PS: HAVE ANY OF YOU BEEN TO AMSTERDAM? WOULD LOVE YOUR VIEWS ON THAT. GOING IN FOUR WEEKS TIME. TA!
CATHERINE
HI KERRY!

ONCE AGAIN
HAPPY BIRTHDAY
LOVE FROM
CATHERINE
XXXXXXXXX

CATHERINE
Re: Afitos And Friends Made!!
May 11, 2005 02:27PM
SORRY GIRLS! GOT IMPATIENT WAITING FOR THE LAST MESSAGE TO BE POSTED, SO I KEPT HAMMERING ON THE DAMN KEY!! OH WELL, YOU HAVE A TRIPLICATE COPY NOW. ONE FOR EACH OF YOU!!
Kezzybabes
May 11, 2005 03:34PM
Haha Hi Catherine..................not my birthday!!!Where did that come from???????????Oh Georgy Georgey i think it might have been the same year i saw him last(or the yr before,i get a bit confused!!!!!)but sounds like he was working in the same place as when you saw him,will fill you in on Georgy boy by e-mail but if any of you have his number,next time you text or whatever could you just say Kerry says hi & if he doesn't remember me i'll break his legs!!!!!!!!!(not really but i will slap him round the mush!!!!!!lol).Going back to something you said in an earlier post about me knowing the peninsula........been going to Halkidiki since i was 12(31now) & have worked 6 seasons out there,only worked in 2 resorts but have stayed in nearly all of them & visited the rest(inc brief spells living in Kalithea & Afitos)so i know a bit!By the way i'll be in Halkidiki on 2nd July so if i'm visiting Afitos then i'll pop & say Happy Birthday to your sister.I've been to Amsterdam,wicked place but as this is the Halki board that will also go into an e-mail.my addy by the way is kerrylloyd21@hotmail.com.Seeing as you've been going there for so long do you know of an English guy called Andy that was working in a restaurant in Afitos(can't remember the name of it)tall,blonde bloke he was.Just wondered if he was still there too.
Kezzybabes
May 11, 2005 08:07PM
I've put new pics in my album,few more of Afitos & some of the people there.
CATHERINE
May 15, 2005 06:12PM
HI KERRY & KIRSTY,

FIRST AND FOREMOST, BIRTHDAY GREETINGS WERE SENT TO THE WRONG K'!!!!!!!!! SO LET ME JUST WISH YOU, KIRSTY! A BELATED "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" FROM THE SOUNDS OF IT, YOU HAD A GREAT TIME!! HOWS THE HANGOVER TODAY?!! SORRY ABOUT THAT!

KERRY: THE ONLY ANDY I REMEMBER IS THE ONE THAT WORKED IN WHAT IS NOW CALLED NICO'S. HE ACTUALLY WORKED WITH MY SISTER MANY YEARS AGO, BEFORE SHE MARRIED NASOS. CANT REMEMBER WHAT THE PLACE WAS CALLED THEN BUT, IT WAS BIG ON PIZZAS!! THE MENU WAS RATHER LIMITED. IT WAS, AND STILL IS OWNED BY A BIG GUY CALLED STELLIOS, AND IT'S HIS SON THAT IT WAS NAMED AFTER WHEN IT WAS DONE OUT. THE RESTAURANT IS JUST ROUND THE CORNER FROM MARIA'S SHOP AND THE SUPERMARKET, ON THE WAY TO THE BEACH. DOES THAT RING ANY BELLS? ANYWAY, HE HASNT BEEN THERE FOR YEARS NOW. NOT QUITE SURE WHERE HE WENT? IF YOU HAVE ANY PHOTOS OF HIM, THEN POST THEM ONTO THE BOARD, AND I WILL BE ABLE TO TELL YOU IF ITS THE SAME GUY. MARIA WILL PROBABLY KNOW MORE. SHALL ASK HER THIS WEEK. OK!

I HAVE SO MANY PHOTOS (100,s IN FACT!) THAT I BET THE TWO OF YOU WILL RELATE TO MOST!! UNFORTUNATELY, I DONT HAVE A SCANNER TO ENABLE YOU TO SEE THEM ON SITE. SORRY ABOUT THAT GIRLS. IF THINGS CHANGE, I WILL DEFINATELY LET YOU KNOW!

AS FOR THE 2ND JULY........IT WOULD BE SO GOOD IF YOU COULD DROP IN ON MARIA!! IT WOULDNT SURPRISE ME IF SHE KNEW YOU! WELL, YOU'VE BEEN GOING TO THAT AREA FOR SO LONG NOW. YOU NEVER KNOW, WE MIGHT HAVE CROSSED PATHS ALSO!! WHO KNOWS?

WILL CONTACT YOU ABOUT AMSTERDAM DURING THE WEEK. THANKS FOR YOUR E.MAIL.

KIRSTY: YOU WILL NO DOUBT HAVE PICKED UP ON THE ERROR BY NOW! DO HOPE YOU HAD A GREAT BIRTHDAY!! I HIT THE BIG 40 THIS YEAR!! AND LOOKING FORWARD TO IT TOO!!

THANKS FOR YOUR E.MAIL REGARDING GEORGE AND CO. I SHALL REPLY DURING THE WEEK. BY THE WAY, WHEN IS IS YOU GO TO AFITOS? SORRY TO ASK BUT, ITS HARD KEEPING TRACK OF WHAT WE ALL SAY!

YOU BOTH TALKED ABOUT A RESTAURANT BEGINNING WITH P. I WAS AT A LOSS AS TO WHAT YOU WERE BOTH TALKING ABOUT, SO I ASKED MARIA. NO WONDER I WAS PUZZLED! IF YOU HAD SAID 'THE PASSAGE' I WOULD HAVE KNOWN. YES! THATS ITS NAME IN ENGLISH. HAVE YOU HEARD IT CALLED THAT BEFORE?

I'M OFF NOW TO LOOK AT SOME MORE PHOTOS YOU'VE POSTED. WILL BE BACK WITH MY RESPONSE AND MORE AFITOS NEWS SOON!

TAKE CARE GIRLS!
LOVE
CATHERINE
xxxxxxxxxx
Kezzybabes
May 15, 2005 06:21PM
Catherine......i realised after i'd posted that last message that you must've meant to wish Kirsty a happy birthday!Yes that sounds like the place(pizza,on way to beach etc)that the Andy i knew worked at,yes i think i do have a picture of him,i'll add it to my album when i get chance.Glad to know i got your e-mail address right now i can get on & write a proper mail to you.Have sent Kirsty a big fat juicy e-mail about George (sorry if you've got eye strain from it babes!!!!!lol)x
Kirsty
May 17, 2005 01:44PM
Hi Catherine,

The Passage - I never did work out why it's called that - but still the food was great and the booze was plentiful so who am I to complain (and the waiters were cute - even better!) What is it like there now? Is Oula (I don't know how you spell her name but she's the blonde lady in the photo with Christos & Vangelis) still there ? She's lovely.

I've e-mailed you direct but don't know if you've got it, me e-mail is kirstystokes2003@yahoo.co.uk.

Happy birthday in advance for the big 40. Hope you have a great one. Wish I was in Halki with Kerry to say happy birthday to your sister too but i'll just have to sit at home and wait for kerry's updates of what's changed and who's doing what there. Jealous - moi? Oh yes!

XX
kirsty
May 18, 2005 10:26AM
Hi Angela,

I'm so sorry, I meant to reply to you last week but a combination of birthday/hangover and old age setting in meant that I forgot! Sorry!

Thanks for the info about Haris etc. Glad some familiar faces are still there. I'm hoping to go to Afitos is Sept but very skint at the mo so might have to put that idea off for a while.

Whereabouts are you staying in the village? Have you booked directly or via a brochure? The first time i went it was only £130 for a week in May but I doubt i'd get that price again. We stayed at the Aloni, on the way out of the village towards Kalithea and then the Katerina on the other side of the road the next year. They were both OK, didn't really see much of them...

How long is it till you go?
Angela
May 18, 2005 11:44AM
Hi Kirsty
We are stopping in the filoxenia apartments in the village , they were booked out of thomson . We fly out on 27 th May for two weeks and then on the 12th September again for a fortnight in the same apts . We don't know what the apts are like (we normally stop in rigas) but the thomson rep told us last year they were OK. If you book through a brochure you are very limited to the accomodation on offer .It has cost roughly £650 for two weeks for 2 adults( there was a £100 discount for booking online).
kirsty
May 18, 2005 12:11PM
Hi Angela,

Maybe i'll see you in September....although I think i'm going to have to put together my own package as i'm travelling on my own and the few brochures that do singles are v expensive. the cheapest I got was nearly £600. Will check out flights & rent accomodation direct I think. I think the £130 per person I got before in 2000 was because people hadn't yet realised how lovely it is. Oh well I guess you have to pay for quality - i'll just have to go busking or something to get the pennies together!
Angela
May 18, 2005 05:20PM
Hi Kirsty
Sorry but the date we travel on is the 27th June , hope you find somewhere for september.Think we paid about £200 for a fortnight when we first stayed in afitos (1991) can't remember the name of the apartments , they were just off the main road to kalithea .
CATHERINE
June 22, 2005 07:10PM
HI ANGELA!

DONT FORGET TO GO TO THE 'CORNER SHOP' IN AFITOS ON 2ND JULY AND WISH MARIA (MY SISTER) A VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY FROM ME. I WOULD APPRECIATE IT. AND ANYONE ELSE WHO MIGHT BE OVER AT THAT TIME TOO!! SHE WILL BE AMAZED!! ONLY WISH I WAS THERE TOO!!

WILL BE STAYING AT THE NOSTAS IN SEPTEMBER..........CANT WAIT!! AND OUR PARENTS WILL BE THERE IN OCTOBER. THIS IS ALL BECAUSE OF THE COMMENTS I HAVE READ! THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR YOUR INPUT!! AND BY THE WAY, THE OWNER OF THE NOSTAS IS A FAN OF THIS SITE! SO EVERY ONE SAY A BIG HELLO TO HELEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

IF ITS OK, I WOULD JUST LIKE TO APOLOGISE TO KERRY AND KIRSTY FOR NOT CONTINUING WITH OUR CHATS OF LATE!! SORRY GIRLS!! WOULD LOVE TO HEAR FROM YOU VIA MY E.MAIL ADDRESS.

HAPPY HOLS TO EVERYONE GOING TO HALKIDIKI!! IF ITS YOUR FIRST VISIT, I KNOW IT WONT BE YOUR LAST!! JUST DONT FORGET TO GO AND SAY HELLO TO MY SISTER MARIA!!!
Kerry
June 22, 2005 08:03PM
Hi Catherine,must apologise myself...........how was Amsterdam?Well i'm off to Halki next Thursday,will do my best to go & wish your sis a happy birthday on the 2nd.I'm not Kezzybabes on here anymore as it seemed to cause some confusion in your absence!!!!Will e-mail you privately soon.xxx
keith
June 25, 2005 09:47AM
Hi there everyone in these links. Going to Afitos for the first time on 14/7 and staying at Zeus appts. Not been to Greece for many a year and everything I hear about Afitos is great. Now we (my wife and I, early 50-somethings) are only there for a week, to chill out, get some sun and enjoy the ambience. Have picked up a lot of useful info from this forum but cheekily if anyone (Catherine) would like to just give me a tick list of things to do (must do restaurants/bars, walks, trips etc) then it would be really helpful. Thanks in anticipation.
Kerry
June 26, 2005 04:55PM
Keith if Catherine doesn't get back to you then i'm going over on Thursday,not staying in Afitos but will more than likely be visiting so i'll have a nosey & get back although i do think Catherine would be better able to advise you as her sister lives there.x
keith
June 26, 2005 06:32PM
thanks Kerry, appreciated, are you the "old" Kezza in this forum - picked up lots of useful info from all including Kezza and Catherine. rgds
Kerry
June 27, 2005 05:35AM
Keith.....yes i am the old kezzybabes,my name seemed to cause some confusion among a few obviously bored people so i use my "proper" name now.
CATHERINE
June 27, 2005 07:53PM
HAVE THE BEST TIME KERRY!! TALK TO YOU WHEN YOU GET BACK.......IF NOT BEFORE?!!

CATHERINE.x
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login