fourka

fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
August 19, 2007 07:29PM
Hello all,

Jeff, thanks for all the info you gave me a while back - we had a fantastic holiday in Fourka, it's got to be one of the best places I've been to. The mix of beautiful weather, great accomodation (Julia), the atmosphere at night, and the people (Achiles at Panorama cars couldn't do enough for us) made it the ideal break from London life. On our first night we headed out at about 8.30, and were quite surprised it was quiet, but by 10pm all the locals were out and the atmosphere picked up no end!

If anyone wants to see some of our holiday snaps I've set up a gallery on my website, I've taken a couple of panoramas and there's lots of the Sunset Cruise, and the Julia accomodation (pool area etc). [www.stephenwilliams.net]

I'm in the process of uploading more but there's a approx 100 or so on there already.

I'd recommend anyone to hire a car, we went in peak season and yes, the roads were busy at the weekend with lots of people coming down from Thessalonika, but the rest of the week it was very easy driving.

In my opinion great places to go and see / do are:
1. The whole of the Sithonia peninsular (can be done in one day) - definitely stop off at Vouvorous
2. Thessalonika (to see the monuments, like the White Tower, and some of the museums)
3. The Petralona Caves (sorry no photos on my site as cameras were not allowed). We turned up at 6.30pm, just a family of 4, and we were given a personal tour (~40 minutes) by one of the excavators himself, absolutely incredible caves which have only been discovered around the mid 1960s
4. Chrousso / Charousso beach (beautiful golden white sand, beach bars, free umbrellas and sunbeds if you buy a drink or two from the bar).
5. Golden beach (not as soft sand as Chrousso, but very scenic).
6. Hanioiti by night (amazing italian ice cream, it's behind the main square you can see an ice cream big sign from the square).
7. Bella Venetia / Faros / La Strada in Fourka were OUR favourite restaurants, based on food quality, friendliness of staff and atmosphere, we have to say though, all the restaurants we went to in Fourka were by far the best we went to during our holiday - so we'd definitely go back to all of them without question.
8. Whole of Kassandra peninsular
9. Enjoy a banana headbanger at the poolbar at the Julia studios

We drove around 2000km over 7 days, and it didn't feel like a chore, it was amazing to see so many beautiful unspoilt places.

As Jeff recommended to me, a holiday in Fourka is what you make of it, the above is only a list of things me and Sam did, we probably missed a whole lot more smiling smiley

If you've got a choice / ability to pursuade which room you have in the Julia, I'd go for any on the top floor (4th floor), rooms 401 (our), 402, 403, 404 have amazing views of the pool, mountains, Fourka and on to the sea, and one of the best sunsets you will see (It might be worth calling either Thomson, or Rania (directly at the Julia) to arrange this.

I'm very jealous of anyone who's got a holiday out there lined up (if you've got spare room in your suitcase can I get in it?)

Ste
August 20, 2007 02:37PM
smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley smiling smiley

kakispera Only1ste

makes me so happy to see people enjoying Fourka with such relish.

Did you go to yaimas and meet Nikos (owner) or Bapis (barman)
Nikos is a very very close friend of mine

im surprised u liked La Strada as to be honest unless its changed hands wasnt my best place to eat.

hope Nikos at Bella Venetia looked after you.

glad you enjoyed now you see why people go back year after year

yaimas

JEFF
August 20, 2007 02:39PM
can you help me and my wife are going to fourka for the first time in september,could anyone tell me if there are any cash machines if not where is the nearest one,also the best place to eat
August 20, 2007 02:53PM
yasou Geoff 2 lol

Jeff 1 here smiling smiley

yes Fourka has 2 ATMs one in the square next to telephone boxes and ciggy kiosk

other is past the roundabout to your left and on right 100 yds up this one is nearly always got money in the one in the square is a busy one and can be empty.

try Bella Venetia in the square its upstairs above the Gyros shop
Nikos is the owner and a very nice man say Hello from little Boyd please(my son)

plenty of eating places for a decent quick meal try iris on the right after Hotel Australia

Yaimas bar for a good drink and midday snacks or Full English first thing 9say jeff sent you the barmans name is Bapis The Owner is Nikos my very good friend.

you will find your own places to eat/drink during your holiday which i hope you enjoy to the full

yaimas

JEFF

bye the way u have a message in ur inbox lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2007 07:38PM by jeff.
August 21, 2007 03:55PM
yasou Jeff 1 ,many thanks for all the information just over 3 weeks to go and looking forward to it.Our first time on mailand greece although we have done the greek islands many times ( Zakynthos in particular ).
August 22, 2007 01:09PM
Hi Folks,

My wife and I are just counting the days to our holiday in Fourka. Flying on the 3rd Sept!!

We are staying at the Aristidis & Kanelis St/Apts, anyone stayed there before?

Reading the forum has been a great intro, we were looking for a quiet break and looks like we got just what we wanted.

Im taking my acoustic guitar so hoping to get some singalongs going (Ouzo permitting)

Any top tips?

Cheers all

Col

August 23, 2007 06:31PM
yasou Col

well u culd not have picked a better place to stay

say hi to alias (the owner ) and Stelios (barman) and their G/friends /wifes.

im sure alias would like you to entertain at night maybe u will get a few people into the bar as it can be quite at times lol except when the Greavseys are there( now known as the Dundees) ok ok ok so they killed the crocodile that lived in the swimming pool .

please visit Yaimas Bar just 2 mins walk away
best place to eat in my oppinion is the Bella Venetia in the square on the left above the gyros cafe.
Beach is nice
waters clear as a bell and u can see the fish swim between ur feet
a few rocks as u wade out tho sujest u buy some jelly or canvas shoes .

have a great time

yaimas

Jeff Kay and Boyd
August 28, 2007 05:18PM
Jeff
good news mate I just booked a cheapie for next week, 2 weeks at the Julia from Monday. Come on my son get in there ! I can smell the Mythos and fetta from here.
I'll say hello to every one for ya.
all the best mate
Phil.
August 28, 2007 07:37PM
well hello hello jeff crocodile dungreavesey here how the devil are yu all not been on for a while been realy buzy went away last weekend to perranporth in cornwall for our anniversary very nice but just not fourka if you get me no jeff good old thompsons eh dont worry too much im sure illiar will sort us out will speak with mr aristidis though wen we go back in 3weeks and 6days yahoo cant wait
August 29, 2007 12:37PM
see other thread lol
August 29, 2007 04:13PM
thanks very much for posting all them pic's ste! some really good pics on there mate, nicely done!

me & the gf are off to fourka on mon for a nice relaxing week and have been trawling the net for ages to try and find some pics of julia aprts & the area, after seeing them we cant wait! not that we could anyway

thanks again

Sanddancer Jim
August 30, 2007 07:44AM
Hi phil

if only i could mate.

what with 6 kids.... 3 kays my 2 grandsons and 1 2yr old (mine and Kays) who we had over school holidays im skint lol

then 2 of Kays kids moved schoool (new uniforms) and the eldest just starting colledge
we are even more skint lol

16 weeks to xmas and presents to get then throw in a few birthdays in between.

and i dont work due to illness and it took us a year to save for last holiday .
plus we are getting married next year and wanted to honeymoon in Fourka but after making enquiries we cant do both (unless we win the lottery) .
but should make it in 2009.

yamas

Jeff
August 30, 2007 08:52AM
Jeff
I know what you mean mate we saw the cheap deal and booked as I had a few quid from selling a car that I was given, only then do you sit down and think about spend's! doh.
So it look's like the credit card will get a hammering again just after I spent 6 months paying the last lot off. Don't even think about Christmas.
The honeymoon sounds good mate you never know keep putting those six numbers down were all rooting for ya good luck.
In the mean time if mine come in first the brown envelope will be in the post.

All the best
Phil.
August 31, 2007 09:06PM
Laugh my **** off

OK and if i get 1st ill send you a envelope too

Jeff
September 01, 2007 08:10AM
alreet jeff crocodile dungreavsey here hope ur well also kay and the lovely smiley boyd well only 23 days left for us to wait matey will have a few for ya and say hi to all that no yu which by now is probably 99.99 per cent of da village falacum has been very quiet lately i wonder if he has actualy sat down and thought about mays wild holiday and now moved to the other side of the world realising he just cant do it all agen very soon sum people eh anyway i do believe fourka is fine very hot i speak with rachel stelios wife on a sunday morn and she has been saying bout how hot it is nice oh by the way will also send brown envelope to yu first if i get the lucky six haha sum bloody chance of that jeff but i suppose it dosent harm anyone to dream
September 01, 2007 11:50AM
smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley

Kay say ;-......... BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER

i think she wants to go back again dont you lol.

well rest assured mate if i win the lottery first thing ont list is the BIGGEST villa i can find with swimming pool and own beach lol then ill see whats left for a new Motorbike and car.
by the way i wont send u a envelope cos u can all come an stay at my villa for nowt anytime all you need is flight and leave the rest to me winking smiley
September 11, 2007 01:26AM
BUMP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

are ya back yet crocodilegreavsey??????????
September 17, 2007 12:57AM
Was worried by some bad reviews of fourka on other sites thanks folks you've put me at ease -seems that like minded friendly people cant be wrong about the place
September 18, 2007 07:53AM
hey up nite nurse -n-soosie

Nowt ta worry abat Fourka

goo un enjoy ya sen

im EX Beeston now livin in Boston Lincs

yull be alreet .

say hey up to Nikos (yaimas bar)

lady in IRIS cafe
and Nikos at Bella Venetia

I fank yoo

Jeff
September 19, 2007 07:22PM
hi nite nurse and soosie

me & gf just got back from fourka bout 2 weeks ago & had a class holiday

we had trawled the net for months before we went to try and get a better picture of the place & was a bit worried by some of the reviews/comments people were coming up with

however having been there i'm not too sure where some of these people had been, dont think it was the fourka were talking about

some lovely little restaurants and bars scattered around the square/streets and to say the people are friendly is an understatement

one thing i will say is its very very quiet, like a ghost town some nights. we try to look for small villages that havent got loads of hussle & bussle but this was by far the quietest place we've been to

hope you's have a gud un

thanks

sanddancer jim
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login