fourka

fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
September 20, 2007 07:28PM
Hey you know what ??????

we should have a FOURKA REUNION every 5 yrs .

smiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smileysmiling smiley
Re: fourka
October 04, 2007 10:37AM
I have just had a lovely week in Fourka (24th Sept - 1st Oct) I thought it was a very nice little place, though bigger than I was expecting. We met with the Greavesies and their party (still there, lucky b*****s!) and realised that the Aristides was far superior to the Julia Studios though Julia's does have a lovely location on the hillside it's a bit of a drag home when you're tired (drunk?)

Julia's rooms, though nice enough basically, have some irritating flaws. Could do with another small bedside table so both of you have somewhere to put your bits and pieces, not even a chair or stool to use as a substitute. And only one electric socket, in the kitchen area (probably intended for the electric kettle they DON'T give you!) too far from the sleeping area to be of any use for my plug-in mozzie repeller.

And last, but not least the fridge!!! Small, they said. MINUSCULE I say !!! (only 1 bottle of water and a couple of beers at a push if you take all the shelves out!!!) It lives in a kitchen cupboard which gets sooo hot the fridge can't function. We asked the rep if anyone had had problems with their fridge. She replied "Only everyone, all summer!!! You got no chance of getting it sorted now. It was much worse in July and August" She suggested it might function better if we left the cupboard door open, which we did, and it was better. The trouble was we left it open in the morning, then the cleaners came and closed it again!!! So every evening when we came back it was hot again!! Doh!!!

Had some lovely meals at the Victoria and Faros. Ate a lot at the Australia (great English breakfast for 4E) where Rita was lovely and gave us some nice goodies like ice-cream, brandy and wine. Usually finished our day on the beach with a couple of Mythos there and watched the sun set.( How many sunset photos did I take??!!!)

All in all a lovely relaxing week. Only one trip out, the Athos cruise (yes we saw the dolphins!) Definitely didn't want to come home!! Fourka recommended, Julia studios not.

Oh, sorry Jeff, never went in the Yiamas bar cos there was never anyone else in there!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/10/2007 10:40AM by Nightowl.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login