fourka

fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
March 14, 2007 10:12PM
Hi Jeff, not long for us now, we go out 28 March for three weeks. Will be sure to let you know how we go on, although as you know we dont go to Fourka lol !! Well we do occasionally...... Anyway looking forward to our first Greek Easter. Although we have been going 30 years and lived there for three, we never managed an Easter. So here goes. Hoping for sunshine, it was 19 in Vouvourous the other day, so you never know. And when we went over April to Nov for three years we had lovely April and Mays. But weather changing all over the world, so know we may get a bit of rain. Never mind, Amstel, Frappe, Octopus, Mussels, Greek Salad, bakery fresh bread - cant wait !!

All the best, might see you next year, we will defo be there, so you will have to contact us.

Cheers
Jane
March 15, 2007 05:37PM
oooooooooooo jane

i am sooooooooooooooooooooo jealous

but hey ho not long for us now we start packing tommorrow lol

cant get my head round this 100ml container and sealable plastic bag thing we got some bags today but really really read travel conditions over and over till my eyes couldnt focus
so we just putting everything in a suitcase lol.

will take hand luggage with meds and babys drinks and changing stuff in it so should be ok .

***********dreaming now****************
Amstel in a ice cold glass ummmmmmmmmm
my first drink on arriving in Fourka Frappe`
makes note to tell Billy at fish resturaunt to get an octopus in for wednesday .
mussels in hot mustard sauce ****licks lips********.
greek salad nope just Feta, cucumber,and tomatoes will do .
god the bread is to die for but dont forget the doughnuts and cake shops

jane have a great time
speak soon
jeff
March 17, 2007 09:22AM
yes jeff we travelling from manchester flight at 10.25 shud arrive fourka bout 5.30 so have a frappe for me until i get there i have mine with lots of baileys in it yum yum yum cant wait but i suppose i will hafto not long now
March 22, 2007 04:16PM
Hi Jeff,
My wife and I have lived in Fourka for five years but in the village not the beach. We holidayed here for many years before that and remember when all the hotels were full of fun loving Brits every summer. This year there is only Aristides full and Evridiki and Julia at 50% as Thompson has dropped the rest. I was having a drink with Yiannis from the Evridiki last night and he said he now has eleven rooms for private rent at 35 euro per room in low season for two people and 5 euro more per person per day over two. I regularly fly back to U.K. for as little as £95 return Thessaloniki to Gatwick and it must be cheaper to book private as Thompson give the hotel owners buttons and have made the resort so quiet by dropping all the hotels. Well it's a thought for anyone thinking of coming here, do it yourself.
Will probably see you in jimmys. We have had a great winter, lets hope summer is the same.
March 24, 2007 02:10AM
yeahhhhhhhhhhhhhh

only 71/2 weeks to go
March 26, 2007 10:46PM
sorry 8 weeks

cant ya tell im in a hurry to go lol
March 27, 2007 01:29PM
Jeff, we go tomorrow!!!! Will update you on my return 18 April. Can't wait. Although on afitos weather forecast it says snow next two days. Surely, they have got it wrong. Anyway but early April up to 22 approx, so cross fingers. Should I take skis?
April 02, 2007 06:45PM
alreet jeff seven weeks today cant wait the other week wen i sed my daughter wasnt cumin well she is now for our 2nd week with her boyfriend im soooooooo excited i cant sleep haha only jokin but i am excited
April 05, 2007 06:57AM
am alreet tha knows

Family roots in LEIGH and ATHERTON tha knows lol

All packed ..... passports sorted .........tickets in hand luggage bag.....suntan lotion by the bucket full ,,,,,,,,,,watch it rain lol.

off to do a car boot sunday to get more beer tokens lol.

jeff
April 09, 2007 11:37AM
getting nearer

6 WEEKS TO GO
April 12, 2007 06:57PM
hi jeff i bet your getting realy excited now for your return to fourka.Only 5nhalf weeks to go till you see all your friends human and doggy.
April 15, 2007 07:42AM
ha ha ha

5 weeks monday me owd tata

god that frappe` smells stronger every week lol

wonder how many dogs missed getting poisened from the village this year

thats the only thing i hate about greece.

yamas jeff
April 18, 2007 04:51PM
hi jeff only4 weeks and 5 days and ur so right i can almost taste the frappe n baileys now and it sure is taSTING GOOD im not sure how long it is since you were last in fourka but there sure isnt as many dogs as there was 6yrs ago wen we first went stray dogs that is which i can only imagine is a good thing jeff not longggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg nowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww
April 18, 2007 11:14PM
hi there, am stayin at the everdiki apmts for a fortnight on 28th may,!

will the night club on the beach be open at this time of year!

not long till i fly now! am dreading all this plastic bag for your toiletries and crap stuff!

startin to get exited! woooo hoooo
April 19, 2007 09:36AM
hi joe

well ive put all my toiletries in plastic bags and they are in the main suitcase.
because they will be in the hold i figure they will pass baggage check.

we can only have 100ml bottles in hand luggage, so we are putting 4x100ml with fruit juice for baby in there and 2x100ml of shower gel plus toothbrushes.

that will do for that.
we will then buy water at departure lounge which you are ok to do bit more expensive than local shop stuff but saves a lot of messing about.
NO WAY am i buying water at 2euro a little bottle on the plane.

as for the night club im not sure but think it might not open till end of june but dont quote me on that cos being an old fart dont do clubs lol just a beach and bar whale me.

i go for the sun sand and ouzo and a change of food and chill-out with good friends and good company

am i excited?????

well case been packed 2 months now lol

see ya all soon smiling smiley

yamas
jeff fourkas mad dog man
April 20, 2007 05:47PM
Just back Jeff. All OK, we had a cold first week but improved for following two weeks. Last day cloudy, but then we had a lovely time anyway. Easter was good, the soup was amazing at our friends house. Never had soup at 1230am before and was sure I would be sick, but heyho wasnt.

Dogs being poisoned. We went to see Julie who rescues and rehomes dogs. She had rescued I think it was four from Fourka since Nov. All been poisoned and luckily it was afternoon and local Greeks phoned her and they got to the beach and put drips in etc and saved them all. Saw them, one was a beautiful black long haired alsation, lovely dog. Anyway all due to be rehomed in Germany very soon. She would like to rehome some to UK but our laws are so stringent and it costs £500 a dog to send by air, what a rip off. She does a marvellous job and I am going to help her out when we go back Aug til Dec. I am trying to raise some money for her. Do you fancy donating? You can do it out there and she will give you a receipt, any little amount as she is now financing herself with just a small donation from Germany and the rest I think from her Greek hubbys beach bar !

Forest over road from Hanioti to Skioni looks very eerie and sad with no trees, or what trees there are just like black silhouettes.

Beaches all fairly clean, obviously need the after winter clean up of debris but not bad. Sea very cold, but managed a paddle! Not many places open when we got there 29 March. They started to open up after Easter mainly. All our usual haunts though, where the Greeks eat, were open weekends, and there was a nice new bar in Skioni. Our friends in Kriopigi were not open til after we left, today I think. They were busy most of the time doing the place up again, painting etc.

Well, enjoy yourself. Look after the doggies and if you see any poisoned, or abandoned pups, give Julie a call. If you send me a private message I can give you her phone number. I am sure she doesnt mind helping anybody about dogs, but I still dont like posting numbers on the site when others who are not interested in either Greece or dogs can access it.

Bye for now
Jane
April 20, 2007 11:49PM
hu jane

ignore the message on the other thread lol(just asking if you enjoyed your break)
before i saw your reply here.

lol i usually eating gyros at 12.30am
Oh my god hope my little La Loo wasnt poisened
and i hope the long haired alsation wasnt the one Natasa left when she left Nicossad smiley
i already send money to julie to help out but would like her number please in case i need her while over there.

Must go to the forest to see if the place i put my wifes ashes has been touched by the fire
we are hiring a car on the friday so will be going over to Hanioti and polichrono so will stop by on the way over the mountains.

hope theres places open when we get there or my partner will be upset as shes heard soooo much about greece lol.

rest assured ill look after what dogs there are well one thing for sure my partner wont be jumping on me every time a dog appears shes really frightened of dogs.
but hey ho it will be ok ill look after her and baby.

will send private message to you
yamas jane and hubby
speak soon
doing a ghost hunt before the holiday so may be a bit greyer than i was lol.
April 21, 2007 12:02AM
Jane u have mail smiling smiley
April 22, 2007 07:04AM
Hi Joe, I work a couple of nights a week at the Evridiki and I am sorry but the night club only opens in high season or on greek bank holiday weekends. The clubs in Kalithea will be open " bubbles etc." but nobody goes into them until about 1 am. The weather this year has been great so far so lets hope it holds out for your hols. We were not affected in this area by last years fires so no problem there but at the moment a two year project to lay sewerage pipes is ongoing, all the roads in the old village where we live are pretty grim but the only affected road in the beach area is down from the traffic lights to the square, other end of the village from the Evridiki.
Hope you will have a good stay
Buster
April 22, 2007 10:39AM
yasou Buster

is the road from Aquarias to square open to drive up ????
i want to go to mountains from Fourka to Hanioti
is that road still open ??

thnks for any information

oh and are there many dogs left in Fourka i heard many were poisened

Jeff
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login