fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
June 21, 2007 10:15AM
ummmmmmm try ilias lol
June 21, 2007 07:00PM
Hi Jeff
Just viewed your pics. Is there something in the water in Fourka, probably beer, or is it in the bottles...who knows. It sure seems to be catching though, like you, my hubby has long (grey) hair and wears black sandals(check out the gallery). I bet you have an history with motorbikes too! (excuse my ignorance if you may have stated this in a thread andf I have missed it.

I've just got back from Fourka, been back a week now...Im cold and wet, Im sure the mozzies must be missing me too, although one escape in my suitcase.

Hoping to get back out in september, unless its my turn to win the euro lottery, then Im on a plane back before they've even wrote the cheque.

Best wishes Kim
(ps: using my friends Post, because Im still looking how to register)
June 21, 2007 09:29PM
yasou kim

its in the bottles lol
and polychrono is even worse.

what gave the game away kim was it the hair beard or tattoo`s lol.
ill put another pik on my site for you .

do you know ive been going to Fourka for 7 yrs or more never once got mozzied but this year !!!! oh my god did them little buggers have a go i even spray ALL my body with OFF insect repelant but that didnt work at all .

and also i think 2 got away in our rucksack as we got bitten at home too.
we arnt going back till next year as you know .

suppers ready so im off

yamas
Jeff
June 22, 2007 08:12AM
yasou and a kalimera to you Jeff

It was the sandals...no, only joking.
Maybe you and my hubby could get jobs at the Yiamas bar, and replace those two statues outside.
I think the true collective words for a group of mozzies is 'Little Buggers'.
Aye, the little buggers were a real nuisance this year...so,please anyone going to Fourka don't kill those beetles, whatever colour shape or size, you need them.

We are hoping to go back in September, but its just hoping at the moment.
Be next year as usual. And definitely in a couple of years, because hubby wants a 65th family group birthday holiday. Giannis (Yiannis) at the 'Chill Out' mentioned something about a barbecue on the beach...watch this thread.

Well, I have to go now time to brave the rain, got a train to catch, oh to be in Fourka (dream sequence here).

yamas
Kim
Ps: Back in a couple of weeks
June 24, 2007 12:19PM
Hi

We have been going to Fourka for 9 years now. We being me Marian,my other half David , My 3 boys, Josh Jake and Jonnny and my boys Godfather David.

we used to go in June but have been going in August for the past 3 years as Josh is at secondary school.
we were there last year at the same time as the fires - very sad and scary.

unfortunately we cannot go this year as David the godfather has had a knee replacement! but are going to go back next year for 3 weeks.

we stay in the Christina next to the Litsa usually, I know that Thompson/Portland Direct are not there now but just wondering all you lucky people who have just come back from Fourka are they still there?
Christina and Nickos and Maria said that they were going to refurbish and rent. I have emailed Christina but have not heard as yet.

And has Vicky who last year worked at the Australia but before that worked at Faros got married yet?
Hope you can help.
Thanks
Marian & Co
June 25, 2007 07:28AM
Hi Marion Jeff and all the friends of Fourka,
I have lived here for getting on six years now and have seen the sad decline in the number of British visitors due to Thompson pulling out bit by bit, next year none of the hotels have a contract but all will be taking private bookings. Vicky is still working at Jimmys but I don't think she is married yet. A couple of our friends who are here at the moment told me how good the fish and chips were at the Faros so having owned a fish and chip shop for many years we had to check it out and although I hate to admit it Thomas's wife who frys it has really got it off to a T and it was as good as ours.I know people don't come to greece for fish and Chips but it was nice for us and some people on holiday like a taste of home. Thomas is a mate of mine but I wouldn't blemish the reputation we had in out shop in Northumberland if it was not true. I know your favorite place Jeff and for some dishes I agree.
We need all the old faces who come to Fourka to keep coming even when Thompson pull out, hopefully a new company will take over, we need it.
We are having a heatwave at the moment, over 40 degs, hello to Joe keep up the singing, hope we see you all again soon.
Buster.
June 25, 2007 10:24AM
Yasou Buster and Wife

Ti kanis

Poll Kala

sorry we only caught you the once in Fourka and i was sort of taken aback when an english voice in greece says HI Jeff lol.

we are back in 2008 for our honeymoon and blessing of our marriage
Just me and Kay this time our boy is going to his big sisters to stay while we are away .
will only be a week though this time
We are staying at aristidis again next year so hope to see you around

Yiamas

Jeff
June 25, 2007 07:35PM
Kalispera Buster.

We wondered if you may do us a favour?
The next time you see Thomas from Faros could you please let him know that the two Davids, Marian, Joshua, Jacob and Jonny will not be coming this year.( we are the mad family who keeps bringing him lighthouse memorabilia for his taverna!)
Also it may stop Angelina for looking out for Jacob! as she does every year about mid August!
Many thanks.
MARIAN
June 25, 2007 09:01PM
Hi everyone, fourka sounds great!!

Me and my girlfriend are flying out on 16th July - can't wait!! smiling smiley

We wondered whether there was anywhere to hire bikes (the pedal) variety in Fourka... also, we were thinking about car hire? Is it best to arrange it out there, or sort it through Hertz/Avis here... anyone know the rate for a small (Corsa/Clio/206) out there?

Also... is it best to take Travellers cheques, UK cash, or get Euros' - I always seem to make the wrong decision and end up paying through the nose for commission sad smiley

yayayayay! less than 20 days!!!!

sorry tonnes of questions, but I'm getting excited!!!

Ste
June 25, 2007 10:33PM
Hi STE

OK there is no where now u can hire bicycles they closed down a few yrs back
not even a moped hire place now.
for car hire see Achylias (as in heel) lol at Panarama hire in Fourka its at the side of Yiamas Bar........ supermarket....... and across from Hotel Australia
tell him Jeff recommended him to you

we hired a hyundu accent nice clean cars
1/2 tank of gas which u return with same unlimited milage ans 50 euros a day
but if you want it longer it gets cheaper
we hire from 9am till midnight and believe me you can do the whole peninsula in a day and the roads are sooooooo quite its unbelievable there are loads of stop offs on your way start from fourka turn right and just follow the road till u hit hanioti / polychrono or even up to Kalathea and Nea Potadea/ nea Modania nr Thessaloniki.

ok travelers cheques

DONT and i mean DONT get euro get sterling you get a better rate sterling
and the guy from car hire will exchange them too

oh and we did a FULL DAYS drive around the peninsula and back and used 10 euro`s worth of gas and petrol is dirt cheap about £1 a gallon.

if your eating out
i can highly recommend Bella Venetia in the square u cant miss it its up on a balcony
(say high to Nikos the owner) from baby boyd lol he did soooooo spoil my son over there
ice cream and great crepe`s its a blue place called THE GLOBE Sophia runs it a sweet russian girl
then theres the Yiamas bar Jimmys Pool Bar say hi to any where you go from me (jeff Kay and young Boyd)
Yes im well known in Fourka lol
gosh i could go on for ages but hey its your holiday go explore enjoy it i know you willwinking smiley

oh sunbeds on the beach 2 euro and parasol 1 euro
and the HOT plain/choccy Doughnuts are to die for they are so fresh they are brought onto the beach to you by a chappy.

and the wild dogs are no more they are in the mountains taken up there to save them being poisened.

have a fantastic time
and remember FOURKA is what YOU make it its a very quite village.

yamas
jeff
June 25, 2007 10:52PM
Cheers Jeff!

I can't wait to see what peoples reaction is when I mention your name!!

My parents are staying in Hanioti at the same time, what's the best way to get around the island? Is there such a thing as a local bus service, or is it best in the car?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2007 11:12PM by only1ste.
June 26, 2007 11:10AM
Hi Jeff, Marian and Ste,
Will pass on your message to Thomas Marian.Jeff tell me where you buy your petrol, at the moment I pay 1 euro per litre which is just over £3 a gallon by my working out i.e 68 p per litre still a lot cheaper than U.K. i believe though. Ste there is a but service to Hanioti but it only runs a couple of times a day so it's best to get a bus there and taxi back about 25 euro. Anew tourist office has opened and I think they will arrange for bikes and mopeds to be delivered, but in july it is the middle of the Greek holidays and the roads are packed and dangerous so I would go for a hire car from Achileas at the Panorama. The heatwave continues sorry to hear about all the rain in England. Hope to see everyone over here again soon.
Yiasas Buster
June 27, 2007 02:31AM
kalimera Buster

lol try the blue and yellow petrol station near Paliouri lol.

still only payed 10 euro for a days driving

HIRE A CAR ITS CHEAPERsmiling smiley
June 30, 2007 08:17PM
yassou buster,

thanx for making my birthday a memorable one (although i can only remember bits)

24 years ive been living next door to alice!

Joe
July 03, 2007 08:09AM
an now shes MOVED smiling smiley
July 03, 2007 09:57AM
yea well i would move aswell if i had to suffer me singing!
July 15, 2007 11:42AM
hello jeff kay and of course the lovely smiley boyd hope you are all well and not missing fourka too much havnt been on here for a while as have been having new kitchen fitted which is lovely but such a lot of hard work and cleaning
July 16, 2007 11:37AM
Hello everybody!

I'm planning to go to Fourka at Litsa this september. Can anybody tell me how is Litsa?
Thank you!
July 16, 2007 05:33PM
everywhere in fourka is just great get it booked
July 16, 2007 06:20PM
Hi Mudo,
The Litsa is no longer a Thompson hotel this year, but you can still book private if you have a contact number for Yiannis Samaras. If you need his number let me know.
Hi joe glad you enjoyed the singalong, all the best
Buster
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login