fourka

fourka

Posted by jeff 
Re: fourka
May 18, 2007 05:39PM
course im gettin up on sat and sunday but no work them 2 days i cant waittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt
May 20, 2007 05:43PM
well thats it jeff only about 12hours to go so see you tommorow yamas
June 05, 2007 10:18AM
just come back from fourka yesterday itsd nbeen the eight year ive been there.It was fantastic the best time we have ever had was had this fortnight we stayed at the aristidis and kanelis which we always do as the lads illiar n stelios look after us 100%also met jeff fourkas mad dog man and his family which was very nice roll on september wen we go back agen
June 05, 2007 10:47AM
Im goin fourka 4wks on thurs i cant wait 2 see all my mates, was it busy while u were there?
June 05, 2007 02:21PM
not too buzy sarah only at the bank holiday weekend but not a lot of english people which dont matta to us as like urself we have lots of friends out there but thompsons not got many rooms in fourka now only aristides and the julia and next year thompsons not in fourka at all. All the young lads are growing up very quickly and have jobs now which means they are not around jimmys and the village so much which is a shame coz all lovely lads we actualy had the best holiday ever this year even though been for years it was such a good @#$%& hope you enjoy
June 06, 2007 12:08PM
Kalimera greavseys

yeahhhhhhhhhh my puters not very well im now on line on kays puter and we had new phone line put in yesterday so all is ok so far my puters chip has failed so will have to get it repaired. had good flight home but was 1 hour later than we should have flown due to plane from luton being held up but had tail wind and was only 1/2 hr late arriving.

shame we left so quick without saying good bye but was told to get on bus straight away as they were running late and road works in seloniki making travel slow we went to airport the back roads ummmmmmmmmm very interesting and roads sure wernt made for buses lol

great holiday we all got a tickly cough though .

went for a chinese when we finally got home made a change from gyros lol.

well guys catch you later now we back on line

yamas Jeff Kay Boyd
June 06, 2007 02:10PM
hi jeff kay and a very lovely smiley boyd. It is a shame you left so quickly we came round to see yous but you had gone we went round the back rds as well.It seemed to take ages to get to the airport but no probs we must all be the same wen we get home as we had chinese anyway we had a grt time only 15 weeks till we return yey hope boyd is ok and still smiling
June 07, 2007 12:12PM
hi folks

rundown of our holiday in fourka

Monday its12.10 AM set off for Luton for our 7.05 am flight.
Nice run down the A1 to Bedford then on to M1 at Bedford to Tring to drop my car at my mates house left there at 4 AM and on to Luton Airport you now have to park at least 1/4 of a mile from departure lounge.
get to departure and join que to weigh baggage in now 4.30 AM .
7.00AM Still in line to get baggage weighed and tagged, finally they (thompson) decide to put extra staff on check in.
told please go straight away to gate 21 for boarding (nothing said about we were supposed to have been on board plane by 6.30 AM) so we make our way to gate 21 only to find a veryyyyyyy long que to security check in before we can proceed to departure lounge at gate 21.
time is now 7.25AM, after security check which i had bottles of shower gel and shampoo checked to see if they were 100ml bottles my partner had to drink some of babys water in his bottle we were then told go straight to gate 21 for boarding.On the way i got 3 bottles of water for on plane and grabbed a quick smoke then onwards and upwards to gate 21 (by lift as there were lots of stairs and we had baby in pushchair) get to gate 21 only to be told "Your late and your baggage has been taken off the flight"my partner went ballistic and said "well you better get um back on and get us on this flight" so they contact pilot to ask if we can join the flight ......what a nice man a very very nice man ...........they let us board sooooo down 3 flights of steps (no lift)with baby buggy and board plane .
Get on plane and guess what.............................. we were in a que to take off for 25 mins.
OFF WE GO.........................................................................................

HERE WE COME .......................Seloniki airport arrive 1 hr late made up good time disembark plane into arrivals straight through security check passport check on to bus for resort. Nice run to resort arrive 4.00PM at appartments.
nice appartment .,...self cater .... double bed and cot .
........................................................to be cont
June 07, 2007 01:33PM
Monday Night
go out for a meal back to yiamas bar for a few drinks then bed.

Tuesday
9AM and its RAINING.............................
12 AM its stopped sooooo off shopping for food and a drink and crepe`
9PM off out for the night .................no problems so far nice and warm
11PM hire car for wednesday then go take partner and baby back and i slip out to join friends in village few drinks then bed.

Wednesday
collect car 9AM and off round Kassandra peninsula drop in at Nea Skioni to a quaint little church and light a candle for my partners nan and grandad and for my late wife,then on to agia paraskevi then paliouri on to pefkohori ...polichrono.....hanioti ......kalathia.......afitos......nea fourka......across to kassandria.......siviri............fourka where we stopped off at each point to sight see.
11PM back in fourka for gyros and Amstel and frappe`s.

Thursday
8.30 AM on the beach its 28o by 12AM it was 32o and yep i got sunburn .
3.30pm back to appartment showered and put on aftersun and dressed to go out........ lots of Amstel Mythos and retsina then off to gyros shop for supper

Friday stayed around appartments pool had a swim and just chilled out till 5 PM.
cooked dinner then slept till 8.30 pm then off to yiamas bar then sophias crepe` bar for crepe` and icecream didnt get back to appartment till 12.30AM.

Saturday
chilled out on beach went snorkelling till 6pm
stayed in to watch motorcycle racing on TV got bottle of wine and a pizza delivered.

Sunday
went to polichrono and hanioti for the day back to fourka by 11 pm

Monday
went to visit friends in fourka village at the aquarius hotel had a drink and dinner with them then walked up to the mountains to look at the devestation done by the fires up there .........very sad to see all the burned out areas.on the way to friends we saw a biggggg brown snake in the hedge row later that night on our veranda we saw the biggest green lizard i ever saw and was very friendly it took a lettuce leaf from my hand.

Tuesday
Went to outdoor market in Kassandria then back to fourka stayed by pool and then cooked dinner went to jimmys bar yiamas bar and aris bar later that night

Wednesday hired another car and went to Nea potadia Nea Moudania then did the reverse trip of the penninsulaending in Kassandria to get my mobile fixed after getting a text which blocked my phone out completely so i bought a new one (nicked all my credit out of mobile too)so beware i was using TIM at the time not Cosmote.

Thursday
chilled at appartment watched TV cooked dinner and got a drink in

Friday
supposed to go up the mountains to put plants at wifes grave but Nikos who was going to take us was having problems at yiamas bar so we didnt go but instead went shopping for gifts went to Bella Venetia for a Barnsley chop dinner.

Saturday

Went for a relaxing Jakoozie and a fish dinner then went to polichrono for the night to have a drink with my friend Panos

Sunday
finally got up the mountain where we got the blinkin car stuck had to dig it out saw lots of snakes and my wifes grave is beside a pond full of terrapins which some how survived the fires
and the only tree to bare new shoots was the one by my wifes grave i lit a candle said a few words and drank a ouzo to her memory along with nikos who helped plant the plants with me.
then went on to polichrono for drinks and dinner.

Went around all my friends to say goodbye till next time and went for a late night drink or 2.

MONDAY
TIME TO GO HOME (sob...sob)
9.30 am got bus to seloniki airport
into departure lounge
qued for 25 mins got baggage loaded then off to passport control throught ther in 1 min flat onto duty free bought my booze then into lounge back in luton for 3.30pm and off to collect my car from my mates home

ALL IN ALL A GREAT HOLIDAY AGAIN
Missing Fourkas allready

Nic where were you didnt see you all holiday lol
only 2 dogs in village which was a shame miss my dogs as they are now in the mountains after being rescued from the poiseners

going back in 2009 for my wedding to be blessed and our honeymoon.

kalispera yamas my friends
June 08, 2007 05:12PM
well ive been back at work three days and feel like ive neva had a holiday only 15 weeks to go till the next one and counting
June 08, 2007 06:51PM
lucky sod

June 09, 2007 07:21AM
now now jeff im sure your next one will be a gud un wheneva it is
June 09, 2007 05:58PM
hi everybody this is lee the main greavsey ha ha what can i say about this place wow yet again another outstanding holiday the people (falicum, jef,mitch,nigel,jakie,luke(ronaldo)nathalie and of course donna,illia ,stelios,rachel)the FOURKA massive. Come on sept for the next instalment of fun................................................ to be cont see you all soon.also can i say hello to jimmy ,illia of coures of jimmys savana, roxanne,denise and bill ,george.then hello to thomas not the tank engine ha ha chris and brother ,blagiza and andrayas.but the biggest thank you go's to aristidies,muscula,tasos and demetries,effey and costas(stelioses mum and dad)love you all x x x p.s please sign the petition to bring mythos to england in the big bottles ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
June 11, 2007 08:08PM
hi lee

i voted against mythos its cack lol

LONG LIVE AMSTEL AND BATIDA.

JEFF KAY AND BOYD SENDS BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG KISSES
June 12, 2007 03:30PM
now then jeff there is no cuter dog in fourka than the big brown dog outsisde the iris snack bar! that dog has the saddest looking eyes i have seen!

in total whilst in fourka i saw 3 cats (1 had 3 tiny kittens) and about 10 dogs. i was pleased to see all these animals being well treated!
June 12, 2007 09:29PM
yasou joe
those 2 dogs have been around for years lol

miss my loo loo though but shes up in the mountains now

elsa my other doggy friend is now in England bless her
shes the one i had to cut a fish hook out her eye lid one year.

and the devil dog (one i didnt like much) is now in Norway.

jeff
June 16, 2007 05:17AM
hi jeff hows you kay and boyd hope boyd is still smiling that gorgus smile of his. Well only been home nearly two weeks and feel like i aint been away im bloody knackered never mind 15weeks on monday and theres 14 of us going back so no doubt we should ave a ball again jeff
June 18, 2007 08:55PM
yasou Lee and Donna

well mateys this message is sent with all 3 of us with gastric flu.

im a little better had my first meal today
Kay and Boyd still suffering
sat all day downloading our photos from holiday took 6 hrs of scanning and i do have a digi camera but took the old 35 mm one to fourka £30 worth of piccys lol

right seriuos bit now can you please book your next years hols for around second week in august as we are getting wed around 2nd august then staying at aris the week after for blessing and honeymoon and would like you and donna to attend smiling smiley.

will give you correct dates a little later in the year.

have fun

jeff kay boyd
June 20, 2007 08:19PM
jeff that is very nice thank you very much we will see what we can do will try our best how exiting thanx
June 21, 2007 09:52AM
can any one remeber the name of the barman in jimmys bar? (have started to label photos and cant for the life of me remember his name, far 2 many comfortable scews and other jimmys cocktails)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login